You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Penalty Points

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 9:02am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

I'm banned off the road at the minute, got stopped at a checkpoint the morning after a night out. 2 years off the road for driving with a hangover

Jaysis Shocked

A night in tomangoes take you off the road?

It was indeed, you know that Summerfest thing they put on during the August bank holiday, was down at that for the day then joes. Woke up around 2pm the next day and drove down the spar to get a fry up and the bastards were set up on the strand road CryCry
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 9:05am

I'm banned off the road at the minute, got stopped at a checkpoint the morning after a night out. 2 years off the road for driving with a hangover

Jaysis Shocked

It was indeed, you know that Summerfest thing they put on during the August bank holiday, was down at that for the day then joes. Woke up around 2pm the next day and drove down the spar to get a fry up and the bastards were set up on the strand road CryCry

2 O'Clock and you were still over the limit. I'd have always thought i'd be well sober at that time of the day after a session.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 9:08am
Not about being sober though. Alcohol still well and truly in the system. If they continue this line nobody would be left on the road.

You're lucky you dont drive for a living Max. Otherwise you would be well and truly fooked!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 9:29am

Jaysis Shocked

Thats absolutely ridiculousShocked
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 9:33am
I got stopped there recently on a fairly big road at the back of the industrial estate where i work- copper on a bike says to me that i was 10kmh over the speed limit, there was a guy in front of me doing exactly the same speed so i told the copper this as i had been behind the same car for a while- he said thats not the point- you were speeding- i said well why didnt you stop the both of us- after a bit more persuasion he let me go the fookin plank

Edited by Vivakenbarlow - 02 Nov 2010 at 9:33am
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 9:46am
Some dude on the radio said a while ago that he got done for drink driving.
Said he went out at about 6 and drank till 12.
Got up at 9 the next day and went out in the car at 6 that evening and he was still over the limit Dead
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 9:56am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Some dude on the radio said a while ago that he got done for drink driving.
Said he went out at about 6 and drank till 12.

Got up at 9 the next day and went out in the car at 6 that evening and he was still over the limit Dead

The rule of thumb is 1 unit per hour. If someone drank about 25 units I suppose it's possible they'd still be over the limit some 18 hours later?

As someone who grew up with a culture of drink driving and only a latter convert to not doing so, all I know is that these days, whenever I'm going out on a big session, I make sure I'm not driving the next day AT ALL.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:01am
One thing that does irritate me is that should the new lower limit as proposed comes in, we may all give up driving the next day after any session!
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:06am
I should have about 100 points at this stage. I have gotten away with so much lately. The other night I left work to go home for lunch and I kinda sorta broke a red light got followed for about 5/6 minutes with the sirens and all and I didnt even notice them . Only copped it when I pulled up outside my house and they came over to my car. I turned on the charm and got away with it Same happened me going to see Westlife in cork a few years ago they were following me for ages but this time they gave me the points the bowsies!!!
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:13am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

I should have about 100 points at this stage. I have gotten away with so much lately. The other night I left work to go home for lunch and I kinda sorta broke a red light got followed for about 5/6 minutes with the sirens and all and I didnt even notice them . Only copped it when I pulled up outside my house and they came over to my car. I turned on the charm and got away with it Same happened me going to see Westlife in cork a few years ago they were following me for ages but this time they gave me the points the bowsies!!!

SGB........get yourself one of these....they really are quite useful

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

LOLLOL Sort of broke a red light??

Its easy do though. I was driving through Castlebar the last day and there is one stretch of road where they have traffic lights just to let pedestrians cross the road. I saw the red lights but it didnt register with me that it meant stop, sailed through the red lights and about 5 seconds later it dawned on me I was suppossed to stop Embarrassed
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

I have 3 points (UK).......from two years ago.....was only doing 45 in 40 mph area........that said as my car has "a rake of horses" and I drive 20k miles pa ,I'll say I'm happy to have just 3

Didnt your chauffeur take the points though ?Wink
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I have 3 points (UK).......from two years ago.....was only doing 45 in 40 mph area........that said as my car has "a rake of horses" and I drive 20k miles pa ,I'll say I'm happy to have just 3

Didnt your chauffeur take the points though ?Wink

No.......it was a saturday.... his day off
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:38am
For SGB and the walls.......

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:49am

For SGB and the walls.......

Cheers hey LOLLOLEmbarrassed
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:50am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Anyone on here got some?

Got my first 2 there on saturday doing 71kmph on a 50kmph road. Was raging that they were there as it was a fairly straight road about 800m long and just between two sets of lights

Just find it a bit stupid that the limit was only 50 on the road when some country roads are 80kmph etc

For anyone who knows it, it was the road behind the Beacon in Sandyford on the way to Clonskeagh

its 50 there cause of the school and the hospital.. those points last for two years and then there gone,when i had two it didnt affect my insurance either,just make sure u dont get more!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:52am
Ginzo I have 2 points and Im almost certain they last for 3 years, hope you're right though
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:58am
I am a great driver ill have you know Does this ever happen anyone tho, you could be driving somewhere on your own and thinking about stuff and then you just arrive at your destination and you cant really remember your journey? Always happens me as I must go into a total daydream in the car on my own
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic