You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Penalty Points

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Penalty Points
    Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 5:31am
Anyone on here got some?

Got my first 2 there on saturday doing 71kmph on a 50kmph road. Was raging that they were there as it was a fairly straight road about 800m long and just between two sets of lights

Just find it a bit stupid that the limit was only 50 on the road when some country roads are 80kmph etc

For anyone who knows it, it was the road behind the Beacon in Sandyford on the way to Clonskeagh
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 5:41am
Have 4 from operation freeflow from Xmas last year. When do they expire actually?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 5:46am
Think its around 3years for them to be gone.

There were two lads doing the speed checks and one was the spits of this lads
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 6:04am
I have 3 points (UK).......from two years ago.....was only doing 45 in 40 mph area........that said as my car has "a rake of horses" and I drive 20k miles pa ,I'll say I'm happy to have just 3

Edited by Sligo Hornet - 02 Nov 2010 at 6:05am
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 6:39am
some of the speed limits are ridiculous the road at the back of the dundrum town centre being 50 and its a long straight wide road and they are always on it and then the tallaght bypass at the spawell being 60 that is a joke and they are always there too then you go down the country and all them windy little roads where most of the fatalities happen are 80-100, another place i have seen them is on the m50 going southbound just before the redcow exit
Its very frustrating being a Slob
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 6:59am

the places they do the speed checks are ridiculous, its nothing to fo with safety its just to catch you out.

Always on the road at the end of the M50 towards clare hall. A long straight road just as you come off the motorway and the limit is 60kph.
At the end of the M! it goes from 100 to 80 to 50 over a short space and that always are catching people in a spot were they can't be seen Angry
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 7:10am
There is gonna be a lot more points dished out when the private speed cameras are fully operational

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/private-firm-to-set-speed-traps-at-600-collision-blackspots-2149425.html

I had 6 but they have all been wiped out as they are well over three years old
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 7:19am
Where I live down a country lane well sort of the limit is 80KM I tell yer you would want to have a death wish at that speed .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:25am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Anyone on here got some?

Got my first 2 there on saturday doing 71kmph on a 50kmph road. Was raging that they were there as it was a fairly straight road about 800m long and just between two sets of lights

Got my first two last summer doing 61kph in a 50 zone and like your story; on a main drag road and just as I'd gotten to the top of a hill. Doesn't everyone accelerate going up a hill?

I didn't really mind the fine as it has thought me to treat the entire city now as a 50 zone, but getting penalty points as well was very annoying. Especially, when I heard of some people getting the same amount of points for doing speeds like 150kph in an 80 zone.

Some dual carraigeways have a myraid of speed limits stretching from 50KPH through 60/80/100. I really wish they would standardise these.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:32am
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

the places they do the speed checks are ridiculous, its nothing to fo with safety its just to catch you out.

Always on the road at the end of the M50 towards clare hall. A long straight road just as you come off the motorway and the limit is 60kph.
At the end of the M! it goes from 100 to 80 to 50 over a short space and that always are catching people in a spot were they can't be seen Angry

Dead right. You never see them on roads where people actually get killed. They are hiding where the speed limit changes and nail people just to say "look at all these penalty points we are dishing out, we're doing our job its not our fault people are getting killed". Its how I got my 2 penalty points. Absolutely no danger in the speed I was doing on the straight stretch of road I was on. Typical lazy cops. Angry
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:33am
Here's a link to where the speed cameras are:

But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

some of the speed limits are ridiculous the road at the back of the dundrum town centre being 50 and its a long straight wide road and they are always on it and then the tallaght bypass at the spawell being 60 that is a joke and they are always there too then you go down the country and all them windy little roads where most of the fatalities happen are 80-100, another place i have seen them is on the m50 going southbound just before the redcow exit

I got done there last year, foocking ridiculous it is, you'd be over the limit freewheeling down that hill.

I've 8 points now, have to drive like a granny for the next year before any of my points come off.
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Where I live down a country lane well sort of the limit is 80KM I tell yer you would want to have a death wish at that speed .

Absolutely murph. Stretches of the N59 out to my granddad's would be suicide to drive the speed limit. There is a crazy stretch of road from Letterfrack to Clifden too that is classed as a national road and so has too high a speed limit for the conditions IMO Confused
First Commander-Galway Regatta
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

I got done there last year, foocking ridiculous it is, you'd be over the limit freewheeling down that hill.

I've 8 points now, have to drive like a granny for the next year before any of my points come off.

8!!! Wow thats a lot, how much is your insurance do you mind me asking?
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:50am
I'm banned off the road at the minute, got stopped at a checkpoint the morning after a night out. 2 years off the road for driving with a hangover
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:51am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

8!!! Wow thats a lot, how much is your insurance do you mind me asking?

I only had six points when i got my renewal, its €580 with step back NCD protection. I have 6 years NCD so thats the main  thing they look for.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:54am
Thats a really good price with 6 points
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

I'm banned off the road at the minute, got stopped at a checkpoint the morning after a night out. 2 years off the road for driving with a hangover

Jaysis Shocked

A night in tomangoes take you off the road?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic