You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14091410141114121413 1449>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunlunBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 3:32pm
If we had a centre forward we would have beaten them. Looking forward to Blackpool game on Tuesday night. 
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by SunlunBhoy SunlunBhoy wrote:

If we had a centre forward we would have beaten them. Looking forward to Blackpool game on Tuesday night. 

Let's be hopping familyguy and the Bohs man behave themselves.

Big smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by SunlunBhoy SunlunBhoy wrote:

Just hearing Ross Stewart won't be back till December.

FFS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 10:53pm

Sunderland got out of jail tonight Blackpool dominated the second half thank f**k for man of the match Anth Pato the next Jordan Pickford.

Not signing a recognised centre forward is proving to be an act of folly.

That said we would have lost on Saturday and today the last time we were in the championship. 
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 11:09pm
Yes it's really starting to show now how much we are missing Stewart and Simms worrying that it's looking like Simms is a bit off coming back yet, we played well in the first half I thought just didn't take the chances we had, 2nd half was very poor and as you say DM we probably were lucky not to have lost the game in the end, Will be a much tougher test at Swansea now
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

Yes it's really starting to show now how much we are missing Stewart and Simms worrying that it's looking like Simms is a bit off coming back yet, we played well in the first half I thought just didn't take the chances we had, 2nd half was very poor and as you say DM we probably were lucky not to have lost the game in the end, Will be a much tougher test at Swansea now

This probably sounds crazy but the Swansea game maybe just what we need.
Our last two games at home have meant we had to break down well organised defences but away the pressure is off so we can play on the break which suits our style.

On the other hand my predictions don't tend to be good.
Big smile

Edited by Double Maxim - 04 Oct 2022 at 11:28pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 4:12pm

Bizarre comments from Tony Mowbray.

Sunderland Nation News Tony Mowbray has warned frustrated Sunderland fans not to automatically expect the club to sign a new striker in January. Sunderland have just two senior strikers in the...

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:37pm
SAFC were very much second best in the first half all over the pitch.

However a much better second half against a well established championship side.

Mowbray changed it up and we could of quite easily nicked an equaliser.

Though we badly miss not having a striker to call on time to give young  Max Thompson at least a place on the bench for the Wigan match?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 2:17pm

Corry Evans will be suspended for the Wigan game on Saturday after five yellow cards.

He'll be a big miss.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 1:28pm

Final Sunderland Till I die. 

Sunderland AFC news: Fulwell 73 confirm third season of Netflix docu-series Sunderland 'Til I Die The Netflix docu-series "Sunderland 'Til I Die" will return for a third season, Fulwell 73's Leo...

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 5:26pm
What are Sunderland's thoughts on the series so far? A hindrance or good to see what's happening in the club?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

What are Sunderland's thoughts on the series so far? A hindrance or good to see what's happening in the club?

I found the first two a really tough watch so many awful memorials repeated.
 Initially I watched the first episode then only watched the rest three weeks ago.

I wasn't in favour of the whole thing and Jack Ross was particularly pissed off that it was done.

At least the concluding two episodes have a happy ending! 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 7:03pm
Hugely important win today we showed character.

Cirkin Roberts and Bathh the pick of the players.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 10:18am
Nasty Angry

James McClean shares horrible footage of abuse from Sunderland fans

October 17, 2022
 by
james mcclean abuse

Horrific abuse, and he expects nothing will be done about it.

James McClean has accused the FA of turning a blind eye to what he says is “eight years of sickening abuse” over being Irish.

McClean’s Wigan side took on Sunderland at the weekend, and fans of his former club could be heard abusing him at multiple points throughout the game.

Chants about McClean’s nationality were there for all to see, although the Ireland international has said that he doesn’t expect any action to be taken by the FA or Sunderland.

James McClean calls out sectarian abuse

On his Instagram page, McClean wrote: “For my son, who is seven years old and watches every Wigan game – either being at stadium or on Latics TV – to be asking his mother, ‘why are they booing and singing that song at Daddy?’ And to have to tip toe around answering him is something which should not be happening.

“This post is not one for sympathy [trust me, it is not wanted] but one of anger. Considering every single year we have an FA representative come into each club to discuss the same old crap they spew to us about discrimination. Every single year, I challenge them on the abuse. Every single year, they do nothing.

“This clip is one [from] yesterday, which can be heard clearly of one particular chant, as well as other chants of ‘f**k the pope and IRA’, being sung by the majority of the 30k crowd, as well as numerous individual chants of ‘fenian bastard, fenian c**t’, ‘you dirty Irish c**t’.

“[This was] while displaying a tribute before the game honouring Niall Quinn, who is also the same nationality as myself. Couldn’t make the stupidity up.”

He concluded: “I certainly don’t expect any action to be taken by Sunderland themselves, given they did nothing when I was their player.”

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 5:19pm
Scum
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 7:17pm
2 posts in a row, well 3 if he doesn't interrupt the flow, not from DM. Nearly think someones hidingShocked

Anyway, seen the video early posted online by a journo from Wigan. Huge proportion of the crowd singing it while others applauded. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

2 posts in a row, well 3 if he doesn't interrupt the flow, not from DM. Nearly think someones hidingShocked

Anyway, seen the video early posted online by a journo from Wigan. Huge proportion of the crowd singing it while others applauded. 

Wasn't anyone singing it where I was in the East Stand.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Wasn't anyone singing it where I was in the East Stand.
LOL the whole place was rocking to it ffs 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14091410141114121413 1449>
  Share Topic