Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11751176117711781179 1451>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:00pm
Good squad on paper? Massive fan base, decent stadium etc?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:15pm
Goodness only found out an hour ago they went down .
Not sure what to say really , now i can understand Mags fans having a pop but as for others well it's hurts when you go down only the rivals have fun with it the rest, well better them than us kind of thing . 
They will be a massive draw next season just like Man City were a while ago when they were down there , they will find there level and that is a premiership club .
Chin up lads as long as you have a club you have faith Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Goodness only found out an hour ago they went down .
Not sure what to say really , now i can understand Mags fans having a pop but as for others well it's hurts when you go down only the rivals have fun with it the rest, well better them than us kind of thing . 
They will be a massive draw next season just like Man City were a while ago when they were down there , they will find there level and that is a premiership club .
Chin up lads as long as you have a club you have faith Thumbs Up
   Thanks CM bud we will be back but I've no idea when?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

what the hell was Chris Coleman thinking taking on this job, absolutely crazy move at the time and looks an even bigger fool now. 

+1 

Was surprised at the time he took Sunderland as he probably would've got better offers.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

[QUOTE=Sono]what the hell was Chris Coleman thinking taking on this job, absolutely crazy move at the time and looks an even bigger fool now. 

+1 

Was surprised at the time he took Sunderland as he probably would've got better offers in the championship.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:06pm
I think the reason people have a chip on their shoulder about Sunderland and McClean is because he has gone on record to state that the club hung him out to dry.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Good squad on paper? Massive fan base, decent stadium etc?

I'd love to know what squad sheet he looked at when he took over. 
I saw a thin bare squad from which the leftovers were washed up and overpaid footballers who wasn't pursued by other clubs because they're simply not good enough for the level required which has been exactly the case.

Sunderland's player of the year is someone who left us 6 month ago to join Aston Villa, that's how rancid it's been LOL

Edited by coyne - 22 Apr 2018 at 8:10pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:13pm
A good manager can put all those players together, organise them and get them to at least compete.

Coleman is a very poor manager, whose Wales career has been propped up by Bale.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:16pm
Agree with you HB. 

I called for a proper 4-5-1 Manager who would make us proper boring to watch but also extremely frustrating to play against.

Can't remember if I actually mentioned any names, can't be bothered to check back, but I do remember being gutted when we turned to Coleman.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

A good manager can put all those players together, organise them and get them to at least compete.

Coleman is a very poor manager, whose Wales career has been propped up by Bale.

And Ramsey. You're correct in what you are saying.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:33pm
Coleman's record as Wales manager is actually quite ordinary. Between June 2015 and July 2016 Wales has some excellent results, but either side of that wasn't great. In Dublin last year, apart from S.Coleman, Randolph and Walters, it would be hard to argue that on paper any of their players wouldn't walk into our starting team that night. But they were very poor for what was on show and hardly created any chances, and the game in October was an equally poor showing.

MON has actually achieved more impressive results. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:40pm
Which made it more embarrassing for us that we appointed someone who got tactically outclassed by a dinosaur 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 6:38am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

what the hell was Chris Coleman thinking taking on this job, absolutely crazy move at the time and looks an even bigger fool now. 

+1 

Was surprised at the time he took Sunderland as he probably would've got better offers.

Yea I'm surprised he didn't hang on for a EPL job such as the Swansea one.

As for his thinking behind taking the SAFC managers job perhaps one of his best mates in football Kevin Ball being at the SOL might have been a big influence for him?    

Edited by Double Maxim - 23 Apr 2018 at 6:41am
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:51am

They will be a massive draw next season just like Man City were a while ago when they were down there , they will find there level and that is a premiership club.

You would imagine they would be but...
Stoke had just moved into their new ground -in expectation of becoming a premier league side - then unfortunately went the other way out of the championship, when they got relegated in 1999 to the third tier. 
However, many of the home fans didn't bother turning up to see the lesser lights. 12/13k was a very good average attendance in that division, but the ground was often only a third full for the visits of the likes of Bury, Swindon or Oldham, etc. I thought Stoke would come straight back up given their far superior budget to most of their then rivals, but it took four seasons of playoff heartbreak to get promoted.

Best of luck DM for next season. Hopefully the club will be better run in the near future and the fans stick by their team.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

They will be a massive draw next season just like Man City were a while ago when they were down there , they will find there level and that is a premiership club.

You would imagine they would be but...
Stoke had just moved into their new ground -in expectation of becoming a premier league side - then unfortunately went the other way out of the championship, when they got relegated in 1999 to the third tier. 
However, many of the home fans didn't bother turning up to see the lesser lights. 12/13k was a very good average attendance in that division, but the ground was often only a third full for the visits of the likes of Bury, Swindon or Oldham, etc. I thought Stoke would come straight back up given their far superior budget to most of their then rivals, but it took four seasons of playoff heartbreak to get promoted.

Best of luck DM for next season. Hopefully the club will be better run in the near future and the fans stick by their team.

Many thanks SU I appreciate that the eight of us who sit together have all renewed our season cards for next season and personally I ALWAYS will.

As for the future it all depends on the ownership of SAFC and how quickly that can be resolved if indeed we have new owners by the start of next season.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:07pm
What big names are likely to leave? Any contracts expired?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I'd imagine relegation release clauses will be at the heart of the majority of their departures.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Theres a load out of contract this Summer JOS is probably the most high profile of them.

Eight out of contract in 2019 including Rodwell who is supposed to be getting his wages reduced from £70k a week to £40k next season?

Five out of contract in 2020
Three out of contract in 2021.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11751176117711781179 1451>
  Share Topic