You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11371138113911401141 1451>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

April 10th for the relegation party   [<:o)]

February 10th more like.
Glad I have that League 1 thread setup already for next season. 

I've tried looking at it from both sides' perspective I'm actually lost for words. The man is a fraud who's lived off someone elses legacy who was tactically outclassed by the dinosaur in charge of our own National team, taking over a team who are 1 day away from becoming the first ever English side in footballing history to go 20 games without a Home win.

Madness.

Edited by coyne - 17 Nov 2017 at 10:30pm
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by stokeirish stokeirish wrote:

I don’t know if it’s as bad as some make out. Sure, Sunderland are in a mess but it is a big club and if he can turn it around, will only enhance his reputation
I wouldn't take much notice of some of the wind up merchants on here all things considered a sound appointment.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 12:48am
See you boys in Peterborough for a pint next year then!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 7:37am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Funnily enough I've been to the Posh when we had a season in the old third division cracking weekend. Realistically who do you think Sunderland should have got as their new manager?

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Funnily enough I've been to the Posh when we had a season in the old third division cracking weekend. Realistically who do you think Sunderland should have got as their new manager?

The problems at the club run far deeper than the manager, I'm not sure there was a right appointment when expectation and history are such a long way from reality and the present. In saying that, what the club needed was a safe pair of hands that would guarantee the club stayed up this year and that certainly isn't Coleman. It was the most uninspiring list of managers that has been linked to a manager's job in a long-time, but I think, of those linked, only fat Sally would have been a worse appointment than Coleman. It isn't just that I don't think Coleman isn't a good manager, which he isn't, but he certainly doesn't fit the criteria of what Sunderland need, which I saw as a quiet, unassuming coach who would go about the business of steadying the club quietly and without fanfare. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 8:47am

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

<span =st=""></span> 

The problems at the club run far deeper than the manager, I'm not sure there was a right appointment when expectation and history are such a long way from reality and the present. In saying that, what the club needed was a safe pair of hands that would guarantee the club stayed up this year and that certainly isn't Coleman. It was the most uninspiring list of managers that has been linked to a manager's job in a long-time, but I think, of those linked, only fat Sally would have been a worse appointment than Coleman. It isn't just that I don't think Coleman isn't a good manager, which he isn't, but he certainly doesn't fit the criteria of what Sunderland need, which I saw as a quiet, unassuming coach who would go about the business of steadying the club quietly and without fanfare. 
You are certainly right how deep the problems are at the club. Niall Quinn said at a talk in this week that he thought Short would back the manager again if he saw progress being made on the pitch.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 2:29pm
Pleased Watmore starts.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 3:48pm
2-1 down. 45 minutes away from becoming the first English club in footballing history to go 20 home games without a win LOL

The delusion among the fans who think the club is big with a record like that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 3:50pm
Does Coleman do miracles?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

2-1 down. 45 minutes away from becoming the first English club in footballing history to go 20 home games without a win LOL

New National record. LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 5:11pm
Much better second half something for Cookie to build on he's got to hit the ground running Sunderland till I die. 

Edited by Double Maxim - 19 Nov 2017 at 9:36am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 8:41pm
And the record goes to .........................
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Quite the goalkeeping exhibition today DM

Still think you have the players to get out of the mess
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Quite the goalkeeping exhibition today DM

Still think you have the players to get out of the mess
Hopefully Cookie will sort it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:32am
Journos talking about Chris Coleman on sky's Sunday Supplement next.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:42am
"Finger pointing in the dressing room."
Ermm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 12:39pm
Hope Cookie kicks ass in training today.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 12:44pm
The absolute state of the goals they both scored and conceded yesterday
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11371138113911401141 1451>
  Share Topic