Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13581359136013611362 1449>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:48pm
Any highlights of the goals DM?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Any highlights of the goals DM?
It would be hard to make a highlight of a goal, surely the goal is the highlight?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:14pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:08pm

I would have taken a draw before the game and with Sunderland getting a late equaliser even more so.

Typical classy Aido free for the goal.
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:15pm
Yes spot on DM, would have gladly taken a draw before the game and the main thing is we didn't get beat, it becomes an even better result if we beat Charlton on Saturday What a free kick from mcgeady we're lucky to have him
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:40pm
It's two from the top three now for automatic promotion now, I think. Hopefully the dreaded play-offs can be avoided. Parkinson wants shooting for leaving McGeady out for all those games earlier in the season. It has cost the club points.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

It's two from the top three now for automatic promotion now, I think. Hopefully the dreaded play-offs can be avoided. Parkinson wants shooting for leaving McGeady out for all those games earlier in the season. It has cost the club points.

Very true Johnson only took over 05/12/20 and put Aido straight into the starting line up.

What a feck up from Parkinson.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:37am

Good summary from Johnson about Aido and a little dig re Parkinson not playing him. Big smile

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19211389.lee-johnson-praises-aiden-mcgeady-peterborough-goal/

LEE JOHNSON is convinced there is plenty of magic still to come from Aiden McGeady at Sunderland.

The veteran winger, 35, earned the Black Cats a point with a free-kick his manager admitted was better than his overall performance at Peterborough.

Johnson reinstated the Republic of Ireland midfielder on succeeding Phil Parkinson at the Stadium of Light - and reckoned that previous unwanted idleness would help extend his career.

“He wasn’t having his best game, partly due to the pitch, partly due to their good defending, but you leave him on because you know he has that in his locker,” Johnson said.

“I felt that if he beat the wall there would be a decent chance. I see him do it regularly in training and if you wanted to place it for a McGeady free-kick that’s where you would put it. I did believe in him and he produced.

“I wasn’t tempted to leave him out because of two games in four days and the pitch here. He’s had his rest in the period before I came in!

“He’s a winner who wants to influence things and I think he’s got a couple of years playing in him. He’s as fit as a fiddle and as quick as anyone in a ten-yard race.”

The Black Cats remain in third, two points behind Posh with a game in hand. Portsmouth are seven points adrift in fourth but Johnson insisted it was not necessarily a three-horse race for the two automatic slots.

“I still feel there is the potential for somebody to go on a run,” he said. “I was in a Watford squad that was down in 14th with ten games to go and won ten on the spin to get promoted.

Edited by Double Maxim - 06 Apr 2021 at 9:49am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:39am
Big Aido

Edited by tonyjaa - 06 Apr 2021 at 10:39am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:27am

The current owner of Sunderland AFC Kyril Louis Dreyfus owns houses in Geneva and the South of France.

He has recently bought a bungalow at SAFCs Academy of Light Training ground.

Now that's what I call being hands on!

Cool
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:16am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:15pm
Aiden O'Brien back in the starting lineup  today.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:22pm

Hugely disappointing result and performance today.

We had plenty of chances but so did Charlton.

Next three games away which probably suits Sunderland as we have a better away record than at home.

Still Hull to play and Blackpool twice.

Realistically we need to win six out of the seven matches remaining.

Double Maxim time.

Beer
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:02pm
Sounds like Saturdays away match at Blackpool is going to be switched to the Friday evening.

This is apparently because some racist Greek fella has died recently and its his funeral is taking place on Saturday afternoon!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 1:04pm
The funeral will be of interest re whether the grieving masses observe the Covid guidance or not. Seems like yesterday I was watching Blackpool v Sunderland in the Premiership. Things change rapidly in football. Maybe we'll be seeing Sunderland/Newcastle derby games again next season-in the Championship.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

The funeral will be of interest re whether the grieving masses observe the Covid guidance or not. Seems like yesterday I was watching Blackpool v Sunderland in the Premiership. Things change rapidly in football. Maybe we'll be seeing Sunderland/Newcastle derby games again next season-in the Championship.

After the Fulham and Newcastle results at the weekend I think there is very little chance of that happening and Newcastle have a six point lead with a game in hand together with the possibility that SAFC could end up in the play offs and we all know how that usually ends!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 5:09pm

The Blackpool game on Saturday has been rearranged for 12.30 same day.
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:06am
Anything less than a win tonight and that's that for automatic promotion - another loss and staying in the play-off spots wouldn't be 100% guaranteed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13581359136013611362 1449>
  Share Topic