You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13371338133913401341 1449>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Good doc on the 'Jarrow March' 85th anniversary next year.
I presume most of Sunderland clapped them on DM. Wink

I'd have said so GG.

I used to work in Jarrow and some of the locals supported Sunderland.and SAFC have a supporters branch based there.

'The Jarrow Arrow' Steve Cram is a big Sunderland fan and a former Chancellor of Sunderland University.

James Bolam of Likely Lads fame is the narrator on that documentary and he's from Sunderland.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 3:44pm
Great watch...some stroll from Jarrow to London.
  Seem to have gotten a great reception in every town along the way.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 3:49pm

Great watch...some stroll from Jarrow to London.
  Seem to have gotten a great reception in every town along the way.

Great effort from the marchers fair play to them.

One of the things that this pandemic is showing is that in England there is still a north/south divide 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 11:44pm
Jarrow was known as 'Little Ireland' DM.
 Good doc here if you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ojK8kYjh0c

I've supped in the Tyneside Irish Centre and the Strawberry both across from SJP and the Black Cats bar, but when this COVID subsides must head up to Jarrow.

Do you know Michael Ganley from the SAFC museum DM? Nice chap.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 5:45am

Jarrow was known as 'Little Ireland' DM.
 Good doc here if you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ojK8kYjh0c

I've supped in the Tyneside Irish Centre and the Strawberry both across from SJP and the Black Cats bar, but when this COVID subsides must head up to Jarrow.

Do you know Michael Ganley from the SAFC museum DM? Nice chap.

Love that video

Yea I know Michael Ganley well top man.

The Fans Museum do some fantastic work both at the museum itself and in schools and colleges.

I've been to the Tyneside Irish centre many times watching Ireland Celtic and GAA.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 5:48am

See the Sunderland part in places with significant Irish history section.

Re the write up on Sunderland there's a part of Sunderland called Ryhope where there was a large Irish population settled.

That is where my Mother's family lived when they came over from Ireland.

Edited by Double Maxim - 11 Oct 2020 at 5:54am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 11:17am
Good stuff DM.

Tommy Lynch's birthday yesterday from Limerick played with Sunderland but became a legend at Shrewsbury Town signed by Asa Hartford...in the Shrewsbury hall of fame.
Although GSpain would no more about lads from Limerick can only really remember Tommy Gaynor @ Forest.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 6:16am

Good stuff DM.

Tommy Lynch's birthday yesterday from Limerick played with Sunderland but became a legend at Shrewsbury Town signed by Asa Hartford...in the Shrewsbury hall of fame.
Although GSpain would no more about lads from Limerick can only really remember Tommy Gaynor @ Forest.

I remember Tommy Lynch well Sunderland signed him on the back of SAFC playing Limerick in s friendly.

I believe he is still the only Limerick born player that has played for Sunderland.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:14pm
So McGeady's staying, then. Parkinson might as well play him, surely, given the money he's on?

I know the club probably want him off the wage bill, but what's the rationale in continuing to freeze him out now?

Edited by NewtNewbie - 16 Oct 2020 at 8:17pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

So McGeady's staying, then. Parkinson might as well play him, surely, given the money he's on?

I know the club probably want him off the wage bill, but what's the rationale in continuing to freeze him out now?

He could still go go out on loan.

It's Parkinson trying to make a point.

Ridiculous as the team are struggling to sore and they have a man of Aidos capabilities shunned.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:32pm
The argument would be undermining the whole team ethic. Disrupting that for one player can be catastrophic. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Ridiculous as the team are struggling to sore and they have a man of Aidos capabilities shunned.

Really? When does the loan window end?

I know the MLS is still a possible. Doesn't seem likely though.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 10:31pm
He may not wish to move to a club that can't match or better his current wages. Parkinson should bury the hatchet and play him. The new right back Sanderson looks a very good signing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 11:18pm

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Really? When does the loan window end?

I know the MLS is still a possible. Doesn't seem likely though.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

He may not wish to move to a club that can't match or better his current wages. Parkinson should bury the hatchet and play him. The new right back Sanderson looks a very good signing.

Sanderson can play right back or in central defence.

With our current injury situation he could well end up playing in central defence.

Signed too late for tomorrow but should be in contention for Tuesday.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:05pm
Well deserved 2 0 win at Swindon today.
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:29pm
Another three points on the board, Bring on Crewe on Tuesday now
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

Another three points on the board, Bring on Crewe on Tuesday now

The only downer for SAFC yesterday was Willis going off injured.

Hopefully Sanderson will slot in on Tuesday.

In case you didn't know if you are watching a steam of it on Tuesday the Crewe match is now a 19.00 k.o.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13371338133913401341 1449>
  Share Topic