You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

International Rules Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

But it may not be a cash cow for much longer if it stays in its current format.  It could die on its ass.   Was it a cash cow this year. Will it be a cash cow next time after this series. 
But calling it the international rules in assosciation with arse cancer cup won't suddenly create interest. Its dead because its awful to watch and the novelty has worn off.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

What's your beef with the GAA RTID? You not a fan of the organisation because of the whole Thomas Davis stadium ordeal?
I don't have a 'beef' with them per say, although their appaling behaviour towords the football family via Thomas Davis was disgraceful.

I hold them up to the same level of criticism as any other sports body. That seems to be akin to taking a dump on Pearse's grave with some of their fans, but thats their problem.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

But it may not be a cash cow for much longer if it stays in its current format.  It could die on its ass.   Was it a cash cow this year. Will it be a cash cow next time after this series. 
But calling it the international rules in assosciation with arse cancer cup won't suddenly create interest. Its dead because its awful to watch and the novelty has worn off.

Is that what I said. You are misrepresenting my post on purpose in other to some how prove your point.   

This would require a lot of ground work and a lot of good PR to be done and for it not just to be a token effort and a bit of renaming as an after thought.   The Jim Stynes foundation has a well established network already there.  IT needs buy in from, the players, the corporate world, the social sector and of course the supporters.   You work hard at all areas and do not just concentrate on one.   
Throwaway comments such as arse cancer do not add to debate in my view and discredits your opinion. I believe you can do better that.  
AKA pedantic kunt
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 4:22pm

What's your beef with the GAA RTID? You not a fan of the organisation because of the whole Thomas Davis stadium ordeal?

I don't have a 'beef' with them per say, although their appaling behaviour towords the football family via Thomas Davis was disgraceful.

I hold them up to the same level of criticism as any other sports body. That seems to be akin to taking a dump on Pearse's grave with some of their fans, but thats their problem.

I see. It just seems that you're hypercritical of the organisation while you turn a blind eye to many of the FAI's misgivings. Thought it might have boiled down to the stadium issue with the way the GAA behaved and how the FAI backed Rovers financially.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 29 Oct 2013 at 4:24pm
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 7:00pm

Is that what I said. You are misrepresenting my post on purpose in other to some how prove your point.   

This would require a lot of ground work and a lot of good PR to be done and for it not just to be a token effort and a bit of renaming as an after thought.   The Jim Stynes foundation has a well established network already there.  IT needs buy in from, the players, the corporate world, the social sector and of course the supporters.   You work hard at all areas and do not just concentrate on one.   
Throwaway comments such as arse cancer do not add to debate in my view and discredits your opinion. I believe you can do better that.  

Let me tell you now Baldrick from experience that he is not better than that when it comes to the GAA
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 7:30pm
Well Del Piero, in my view every poster deserves respect and I am certainly not going to go down the road of having a pop at RTID.  I prefer to debate the point than make personal comments.
AKA pedantic kunt
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

this will thankfully be the end of it, terrible terrible game. They must have lost a serious whack hosting it this year.

I personally think it's a decent game; it's just lost it's competitive edge. The Aussies think we're pussies ever since we complained they hit us too hard. These lads are brought up to hit hard. Take that away from their game and they don't want to know about it.

If we're allowed use a round ball, they should be compensated by hitting us the same way they do in AFL IMO.

Either there needs to be one big massive push to regain the excitement of this game or they should just scrap it completely.

First things first, they need to encourage the very best of the AFL to play to very best of the GAA which won't be easy.

Australia is a racist country as it is, so when they send a load of aboriginals over there, coverage of the game is going to be even less than usual - no one cared here!

Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 5:03am

What a disgusting comment, yet a typical rtid comment. The Cup is named after Cormac McAnallen, a legend of Gaelic football. You having infinite wisdom when it comes to everything should know this.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Dukla Dukla wrote:

[What a disgusting comment, yet a typical rtid comment. The Cup is named after Cormac McAnallen, a legend of Gaelic football. You having infinite wisdom when it comes to everything should know this.
You missed my point by a mile.

The series is already linked to a worthy cause and no-one cares. The idea that linking to another worthy cause at the expense of the existing one will suddenly have people sleeping outside ticketmaster for it is ludicrious.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:04pm

I see. It just seems that you're hypercritical of the organisation while you turn a blind eye to many of the FAI's misgivings. Thought it might have boiled down to the stadium issue with the way the GAA behaved and how the FAI backed Rovers financially.
I don't turn a blind eye to the FAI's misgivings. I am very critical when they deserve it. Unlike GAA fans, football folk hold the FAI to account. There have been 3 child abuse scandels within the GAA in the last couple of years and no changes to child protection policy. Can you see Delaney surviving that?

The FAI didn't back Rovers financially...
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

this will thankfully be the end of it, terrible terrible game. They must have lost a serious whack hosting it this year.

I personally think it's a decent game; it's just lost it's competitive edge. The Aussies think we're pussies ever since we complained they hit us too hard. These lads are brought up to hit hard. Take that away from their game and they don't want to know about it.

If we're allowed use a round ball, they should be compensated by hitting us the same way they do in AFL IMO.

Either there needs to be one big massive push to regain the excitement of this game or they should just scrap it completely.

First things first, they need to encourage the very best of the AFL to play to very best of the GAA which won't be easy.

Australia is a racist country as it is, so when they send a load of aboriginals over there, coverage of the game is going to be even less than usual - no one cared here!

Spot on. Thought it was a great game at the start myself. Considering some of the fights that go on at club level around the country you'd think the Irish players would be more than capable of holding their own on the physical side. They should have just worked on that side of the game rather than moaning about it.

And you need the strongest selection of players from both countries for it to be competitive - if the Aussies aren't taking it serious then what's the point.

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:16pm
I used to absolutely love this game, have had no interest the last few years though
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Kicking a round ball should be alot easier than mastering an oval ball so can't understand why the Aussies were so bad.

4 quarters, 2 with a round ball and 2 with the oval ball. That would even things up.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:24pm
no goals . the aussies have no goals in their game, take that advantage away.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Spot on. Thought it was a great game at the start myself. Considering some of the fights that go on at club level around the country you'd think the Irish players would be more than capable of holding their own on the physical side. They should have just worked on that side of the game rather than moaning about it.

And you need the strongest selection of players from both countries for it to be competitive - if the Aussies aren't taking it serious then what's the point.

Club matches involve club hobbyist players throwing slaps at similar.

The freak out by the GAA was that their line that elite GAA players are as elite as pro's in other sports and that they should get taxpayers money direct was shown up to be a farce.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:33pm

I don't turn a blind eye to the FAI's misgivings. I am very critical when they deserve it. Unlike GAA fans, football folk hold the FAI to account. There have been 3 child abuse scandels within the GAA in the last couple of years and no changes to child protection policy. Can you see Delaney surviving that?

I hope he wouldn't anyway.

Just in terms about the part in bold

www.shamrockrovers.ie

FAI support Rovers for Tallaght

14 Dec 2006. The Football Association of Ireland (FAI) has today fully supported Shamrock Rovers’ position in the on-going saga over the stalled Tallaght Stadium project.

The Association has also pledged financial assistance for the Hoops’ High Court battle involving GAA club Thomas Davis, who are seeking a Judicial Review of the South Dublin County Councils decision last February to proceed with the completion of the Stadium in Tallaght as a football only facility. Today the High Court determined that the hearing of the case would take place on March 16th next, delaying the project by at least a further three months. This will mean that the Stadium construction will have been stalled by this legal case for at least 13 months.

“We want to see Shamrock Rovers playing in the Tallaght Community Stadium – and as soon as possible. We have been working hard behind the scenes with the various stakeholders over the past two years to see Tallaght completed for soccer in the area,” says FAI Chief Executive, John Delaney.

“This week, the Board of the Association pledged significant funds to the club in order to aid them in the most practical manner as they continue to pursue the goal of completion of Tallaght. These funds will be offset against the legal fees Rovers face as the High Court case continues. Obviously, we wish the club every success in this matter.”

Shamrock Rovers’ Chairman, Jonathan Roche, welcomed the FAI’s commitment to the Tallaght Stadium project and its funding of the club’s legal fees.

“To have such full and public support of the FAI behind us means that Irish football is united on this issue,” says Roche. “And that support is most welcome. It’s quite clear that there is a concerted effort to prolong the process as much as possible in order to prevent our senior team joining the rest of the club in Tallaght. But it won’t succeed.”

Edited by seanyshuffler - 30 Oct 2013 at 12:34pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:35pm

Originally posted by Dukla Dukla wrote:

[What a disgusting comment, yet a typical rtid comment. The Cup is named after Cormac McAnallen, a legend of Gaelic football. You having infinite wisdom when it comes to everything should know this.
You missed my point by a mile.

The series is already linked to a worthy cause and no-one cares. The idea that linking to another worthy cause at the expense of the existing one will suddenly have people sleeping outside ticketmaster for it is ludicrious.

That is such a misrepresentation of the idea I posted.  Stawman tactic there.  Come on RTID, you know you are better than that.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:44pm

I hope he wouldn't anyway.

Just in terms about the part in bold

www.shamrockrovers.ie

FAI support Rovers for Tallaght

14 Dec 2006. The Football Association of Ireland (FAI) has today fully supported Shamrock Rovers’ position in the on-going saga over the stalled Tallaght Stadium project.

The Association has also pledged financial assistance for the Hoops’ High Court battle involving GAA club Thomas Davis, who are seeking a Judicial Review of the South Dublin County Councils decision last February to proceed with the completion of the Stadium in Tallaght as a football only facility. Today the High Court determined that the hearing of the case would take place on March 16th next, delaying the project by at least a further three months. This will mean that the Stadium construction will have been stalled by this legal case for at least 13 months.

“We want to see Shamrock Rovers playing in the Tallaght Community Stadium – and as soon as possible. We have been working hard behind the scenes with the various stakeholders over the past two years to see Tallaght completed for soccer in the area,” says FAI Chief Executive, John Delaney.

“This week, the Board of the Association pledged significant funds to the club in order to aid them in the most practical manner as they continue to pursue the goal of completion of Tallaght. These funds will be offset against the legal fees Rovers face as the High Court case continues. Obviously, we wish the club every success in this matter.”

Shamrock Rovers’ Chairman, Jonathan Roche, welcomed the FAI’s commitment to the Tallaght Stadium project and its funding of the club’s legal fees.

“To have such full and public support of the FAI behind us means that Irish football is united on this issue,” says Roche. “And that support is most welcome. It’s quite clear that there is a concerted effort to prolong the process as much as possible in order to prevent our senior team joining the rest of the club in Tallaght. But it won’t succeed.”

I thought that was what you meant. As you recall we one and the agribigots lost costs. So there was no cost to the FAI. It was a moral support and if Rovers lost they would cover our legal costs. Very good of them, but didn't end up actually being financial support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic