You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ciarán Clark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 114>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tash Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 5:51am
Originally posted by city4life city4life wrote:

does the truth hurt roger milla?the facts are clarke is english he has captained england,he has stood for god save the queen wearing an english jersey!

Ryan Giggs was born in Cardiff and moved to Manchester because his father joined a rugby team there, he captained England at schoolboy level before playing for his country, hands up anybody apart from you who thinks he is in fact not Welsh.

Its Ciaran Clark’s choice who he wants to play for and is as entitled to an Irish passport as much as anybody born in Ireland given his background, maybe he even had one before now anyway.

Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
Sponsored Links

bossofthemoss View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossofthemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 6:18am
The funny thing about this is Ireland isn't his 'second choice'.

Gary Cahill was in a similiar position to Clark a few years back, he moved on to Bolton and is now in the English squad. I'm sure if Clark had ambition to play for England he'd wait because as has already been said he is highly thought of at Villa, so for him to choose Ireland shows where his heart lies imo

Edited by bossofthemoss - 18 Oct 2010 at 6:18am
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 7:17am
let's leave this where it is. Clark will be an excellent addition so please trap, SIGN HIM UP! Until then, these no point debating this endlessly...

As for city4life, you are one class A ****, but well done for getting everyone going!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 8:33am
Just on the issue of young players coming through for us over the next while; as has been pointed out, there seems to be as many young players, of a potentially very high quality, coming through now as any time I can remember. The only thing is that none of them seem to be centre forwards. Is anyone aware of any young Irish centre forward that might make the step up?
Belfast Green View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Just on the issue of young players coming through for us over the next while; as has been pointed out, there seems to be as many young players, of a potentially very high quality, coming through now as any time I can remember. The only thing is that none of them seem to be centre forwards. Is anyone aware of any young Irish centre forward that might make the step up?

I think we already have a few potential options up front, so not overly worried by future strikers. Sheridan's 21, Stokes is 22, Long is 23,   Keogh's 24 and Doyle's still only 27.

No doubt a couple more will appear over the next couple of years.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Belfast Green Belfast Green wrote:

I think we already have a few potential options up front, so not overly worried by future strikers. Sheridan's 21, Stokes is 22, Long is 23,   Keogh's 24 and Doyle's still only 27.

No doubt a couple more will appear over the next couple of years.

There's a lad at Arsenal that's getting rave reviews. Phillip Roberts.

Arsenal have completed the signing of Norwich City striker Philip Roberts. The Republic of Ireland Under 17 international has moved to North London on scholarship terms after his deal at Carrow Road expired. Roberts impressed during a trial spell towards the end of last season.

Arsenal’s collection of Irish talent is on the increase. Conor Henderson, Sean McDermott, Callum Webb, Ben Glasgow and Steven Smith are all young Gunners who have turned out in the Green shirt at youth level, and Roberts’ signing continues the tradition the club have with The Emerald Isle. That said, Roberts leads a new wave of different and exciting Irish talent.

Philip has only been part of the Norwich City Academy for a few years, yet he’s earned a solid reputation during his time in Norfolk. A quick, powerful, strong and skillful striker who can play either down the middle as a target man, versatility in a variety of formations is a key tick in the box.

The youngster has been hitting large numbers of goals for Norwich’s Under 15′s but it was the step up into the Under 16′s last year where he really impressed. His frightening pace has run teams ragged, including Arsenal. Roberts fired home an injury time winner at Norwich’s Colney training centre, and went on to bag a number of goals throughout the campaign. Although born in England, he chose to represent the Republic of Ireland and was soon selected at Under 16 level.

In late 2009, Phil was selected and handed a start against the Czech Republic in a friendly. With the scores at 1-1, he broke clear of the strong Czech back line and showed great composure to fire into the corner. A dream debut with what proved to be the winner.

Liam Brady soon heard about his blossoming talent and he joined Arsenal on trial for the closing stages of the season. A brace on his debut was impressive, he then went on to bang in the goals before being invited to Italy for the Ferolli Cup. Another double was chalked up against Juventus in the opening group game, but a very young side went crashing out early.

Comparisons in playing style with Aston Villa’s Gabriel Agbonlahor are very easy to make, but with the ability to hold the ball up and be dominant in the air, Philip Roberts is added to the collection of promising strikers within the Academy.

londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 11:21am

I'm more worried about who will play in the sticks in a couple of years!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 11:27am
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

I'm more worried about who will play in the sticks in a couple of years!

Westwood is sound enough, best keeper in the championship some say. Plus there are a couple of lads at Arsenal and the 'new Shay Given' signed by Utd there last year. From Donegal too. He was only 16 or something but 6'2.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by n.iron n.iron wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by n.iron n.iron wrote:

Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

City4life you are an absolute idiot. You know nothing about this lad and I would just like to distance all decent Ireland fans from comments like yours.

By the way - my kids have English accents and they wear Ireland shirts. I'd love to see you try telling them what nationality they are.

Kinna confused with what your saying Paddy.Are you trying to say that your kids are Irish and not English?
If they where born in England with Irish parents or any other nationality .
They are  English born.
They can still play and support Ireland or England.
I hope I picked this up right .And no offence if didn't.Thumbs%20Up

Born in England. But they are Irish.
Am i missing something.
Born in England=English
Born in Ireland =Irish
Born in china =Chinese.

Now if you wanna say that the kids are Irish .That's fine with me.(but they ain't).
They may have Irish parents Irish background.Irish behaviour.BUT, They where not born on Irish soil.Hence making them English with Irish Parents.Thumbs%20Up

Opps sorry they could have Irish passpots,

if only your northern brethren followed this simple logic!
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 1:31pm
london irish did shay given or robbie keane need to be signed up as you call it to play for ireland?no cos there irish!you said it all by saying "sign him up" he is english end of story and this isnt an anti english thing id say the same no matter what country cos it just should not be allowed!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 1:54pm

london irish did shay given or robbie keane need to be signed up as you call it to play for ireland?no cos there irish!you said it all by saying "sign him up" he is english end of story and this isnt an anti english thing id say the same no matter what country cos it just should not be allowed!

Thats an idiotic thing to say. I know people born in England with two Irish parents and have lived here pretty much all their life, does that make him English when he regards himself as Irish.... NO!
city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 2:00pm
have they played 4 and captained england and then say they are irish?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 2:02pm

have they played 4 and captained england and then say they are irish?

Are you suggesting he should have refused to play international football at the highest level available to him?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 2:04pm
Who cares? If we start limiting ourselves to Irish born players only then we will never move forward and compete on a bigger stage.

If you're beloved City only played Manchester born players how do you think you's would fare?
city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 2:14pm
im saying he plays for one or the other and he played for england 1st, you cant be from 2 countries!as for city im not from manchester so i coudnt give a toss!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 2:22pm

im saying he plays for one or the other and he played for england 1st, you cant be from 2 countries!as for city im not from manchester so i coudnt give a toss!

you appear to have no concept of dual nationality
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 2:30pm
ya need to cop on city4life and start opening your mind and stop being such a bigot.

I 100% guarantee you'd be the first one giving out that we don't have enough good quality players in the squad or team and then the second one becomes available you turn your nose up because you don't want these "English" players playing, who actually want to represent this country.

city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 2:36pm
we dont have enough quality in the squad cos trap wont pick them and get rid of the deadwood thats in it!the problem i have with clarke is he has already played 4 and captained another country i dont have a problem with the likes of lawrence playing 4 us!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 114>
  Share Topic