Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singing Section last night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

should we follow the example set by the muppets who follow rovers and make a show of ourselves. no thanks. 
At least we know how to create an atmosphere at Rovers and when we decided the Chairman had to go he went.
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

At least we know how to create an atmosphere at Rovers and when we decided the Chairman had to go he went.

I suppose it was  all bottled up after 20 years+ of no atmosphere! Wink
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 3:12pm

should we follow the example set by the muppets who follow rovers and make a show of ourselves. no thanks. 
you call a bunch of eegits running around beating people up creating an atmosphere, what good has getting rid of the chairman done for ye?
inviting thugs over from manchester is another great idea they had.ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap.
well doneClapClapClapClapClapClap
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 5:17pm

Come down to KK tomorrow and the Dubs fans will show you an atmosphere...from your past posts I think you're into the auld GAA, aren't you?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Come down to KK tomorrow and the Dubs fans will show you an atmosphere...from your past posts I think you're into the auld GAA, aren't you?

The outstanding rovers citizen making a show of himself!

We should organise a charge on the 16th minute of our next home match. All ultras hop the advertising boards, run the length of the pitch and start shouting at the opposition supporters. Maybe through our shoes at them and give them the fingers. Get told off by the stewards and cops and we leg it back to our section..

We'll be ultras then lads. Can't wait
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 5:59pm
The whole "Ultra" thing is so naff. Isn't it?
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 7:03pm
Why are no 114/115 tickets available to renew on the ticketmaster site? Are these already sold out, or do they wait until people haven't renewed and then put seats on general sale?
The dark side.. And the light
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Why are no 114/115 tickets available to renew on the ticketmaster site? Are these already sold out, or do they wait until people haven't renewed and then put seats on general sale?
Pretty much. Think ST holders have until tomorrow to renew and then their seats are released. Could be wrong on the date but think they said 4th of June
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Pretty much. Think ST holders have until tomorrow to renew and then their seats are released. Could be wrong on the date but think they said 4th of June

Whoever has my old seat are welcome to it.....provided they sing loudly
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

in the UK and Ireland i could not agree more. We support our teams differently to Eastern Europeans and Italians. We do it with less pageantry, far more booze and typically the same amount of noise even if its more spread out over game. I prefer how we typically have supported our various club and international teams. I hate 90 minutes of incessant chanting from a default songbook accompanied by a drum that has nothing to do with the ebb and flow of the game we are watching. I will not be singing we love you we love you after Hazard rifles in a 4th goal against us in a few weeks

People quoting Crystal Palace as guidelines on how to support your team Cry, a harmless club from suburban south London who had to invent an ultra identity to escape their utter pointlessness.

Their Cup Final banner at Wembley made my toes curl

"This mentality is unbreakable", incurable more like it. What does that sentence even mean? Grown men dressing in black hoodies with silly banners and flares. naff beyond belief. They were doing a Poznan at one stage. Good lord. Now they do make some noise i will give them that, which is unlike the other 90% of Selhurst Park.

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

in the UK and Ireland i could not agree more. We support our teams differently to Eastern Europeans and Italians. We do it with less pageantry, far more booze and typically the same amount of noise even if its more spread out over game. I prefer how we typically have supported our various club and international teams. I hate 90 minutes of incessant chanting from a default songbook accompanied by a drum that has nothing to do with the ebb and flow of the game we are watching. I will not be singing we love you we love you after Hazard rifles in a 4th goal against us in a few weeks

People quoting Crystal Palace as guidelines on how to support your team Cry, a harmless club from suburban south London who had to invent an ultra identity to escape their utter pointlessness.

Their Cup Final banner at Wembley made my toes curl

"This mentality is unbreakable", incurable more like it. What does that sentence even mean? Grown men dressing in black hoodies with silly banners and flares. naff beyond belief. They were doing a Poznan at one stage. Good lord. Now they do make some noise i will give them that, which is unlike the other 90% of Selhurst Park.

Your whole post is as irrelevant as rtid asking is 114 a choir to use his words , or an ultras group. Some people like you will never understand a feeling of belonging to a football club and trying to express it as an organised group to create an atmosphere . This quote of yours below says a lot about what you know about people identifying with their football club.

People quoting Crystal Palace as guidelines on how to support your team Cry, a harmless club from suburban south London who had to invent an ultra identity to escape their utter pointlessness
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 10:15pm
I really dislike modern football fans
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 10:26pm
Have many in the SS renewed yet as the deadline date for renewing was 4th June ? I think most people are holding off until after the Euro's
DavidMan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 9:46pm
I have mine renewed anyway
We March On
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 11:27pm

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

So when does a singing section become an ultras group?? Is it when a few chant a song about someone in power or is it when someone unveils a banner against the same person

You seem to be the expert on this so might be able to let me know what to look out for it the future seeing as suddenly a complete section are going to be labelled ultras because of the actions of some

Also better let the rest of the people in the stadium know they better not utter a word of discontent against the fai for fear of being labelled an ultra
A singing section sings. People who want to sing are allowed congregate in an area of the ground and let rip. In this case whatever the green brigade or soccer AM did the week before, but that's another days work.

When that group grow in ambition, either in terms of violence or getting more involved in in the hands on aspects of the team they follow then you can call them Ultras. The SS actively protested against Delaney so its not correct to say they are 'just' a singing section any more. As it happens they were also useless at that.

What utter garbageLOL

SOME people in the SS sang SOME anti JD songs and all of a sudden you think there is some radical movement born?
SOME fans vented their anger and sang some songs. As far as I know there was no campaign to recruit fans into some some sort of cultLOL

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 8:57am
Yeah, the whole palaver was over 'some people singing anti-JD songs'. LOL

They were happy at the time to be the crusaders and when they lost are now denying they ever did anything.

Stick to stealing Celtic songs, its for the best.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 11:25am
Because rovers never steal Celtic songs
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 12:19pm
I have never heard anyone who was chanting or singing anti Delaney songs deny it, why would they. Many of those fans had not received tickets for the game in Glasgow and then had to listen to the attacks on Irish fans and this site in particular so that Delaney could detract from his own incompetancy.
There was genuine anger among fans and a few decided to protest via songs/chants and a couple of banners which brought out the Stasi which made things worse on the night.

Nothing ultra about it and nobody is denying it just a few fans willing to make their anger known.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
  Share Topic