You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Niall Quinn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 11:15pm
He came across very well on the show lastnight, fairly witty and down to earth. Obviously very talented sportspersons who could have had a go at Aussie Rules, hurling but ended up having a good career in football. Didn’t know that he was as fond of a pint was interesting to hear that he had fallen out with Merson because of the drinking.
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Bought a load of Mons lottos off me in the Berkeley back in the day when I plagued everyone to buy them. Clap
Jezzzzzzzzzzzz you were a pest with those Lotto tickets , still you always managed to clear the bar when everyone spotted them in your hand .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:12am
Quinn is one of those sickening lads that gets into scapes and comes up smelling of roses while others fall by the wayside with addiction problems or anger issues or broken marriages 😀😀😀

Don’t have a major issue with him and seems like a sound man and a bit of craic on a night out. 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Bought a load of Mons lottos off me in the Berkeley back in the day when I plagued everyone to buy them. Clap
Jezzzzzzzzzzzz you were a pest with those Lotto tickets , still you always managed to clear the bar when everyone spotted them in your hand .

Some sales man in fairness to him 

Pretty sure his Mon accent became stronger that evening LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:27am
Quinn seems grand and all, but there's going to be a documentary about everybody shortly. I am not sure if that's what Warhol meant.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:35am
to be fair it wasn’t a doc. He is a tv3 analyst and they did a cheap interview with him.  That’s about it. They did the same with Kerr. 

Can’t see the Damien Delaney one being a good 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:39am
you’re pulling the piss on D Delaney yeah?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

to be fair it wasn’t a doc. He is a tv3 analyst and they did a cheap interview with him.  That’s about it. They did the same with Kerr. 

They could just show his 45 minutes against Bohs for Cork City. That would be hilarious. 
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

They could just show his 45 minutes against Bohs for Cork City. That would be hilarious. 
LOL As a bad a defensive performance as I’ve seen 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

LOL

He's actually decent to listen to anytime he's on OTB in fairness.

Met Quinn once in the Red Cow, sound fella.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:53am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Quinn seems grand and all, but there's going to be a documentary about everybody shortly. I am not sure if that's what Warhol meant.
SIMON COX: THE MOVIE
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 11:08am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

SIMON COX: THE MOVIE
At least that would have a trip to a major championship and the twist in the tail how I was played out of position against the best team in the world.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 11:25am
Was their two parts? I saw it on Wednesday night and it was good, he had some decent stories. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Was their two parts? I saw it on Wednesday night and it was good, he had some decent stories. 

2nd part on next Weds
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

He told some very funny stories. The video analysis of the u21 match LOL
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:56pm
Enjoying tonights episode. Should get on Gary Doherty on next week.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:49pm
far too much about Roy but a good hour or so of tv. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:52pm
He comes across an intelligent and interesting personality and the two shows were a good watch and wish him all the best.

His stint in the FAI was not a success though and I think he half acknowledged that at the end when he said he was doing a degree in history.

Edited by Pipkin - 24 Feb 2021 at 11:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic