Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Niall Quinn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:57am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

His plan for a new direction in Irish football is partially influenced by how rugby have managed their product so Niall Quinn does not mean to cause offence.

But he was a bit taken aback by a recent Neil Francis column in the Sunday Independent which declared that Jonathan Sexton's drop goal in Paris last year was Ireland's greatest sporting moment.

"I was actually there for it and it was excellent," said Quinn. "And I saw Neil's column - 'Greater than 1990, the country stopped in its tracks.'

"Did they stop in Ballyfermot? Did they stop in Crumlin? Did they stop in Finglas? Did they stop in the North Wall? I don't think so. The people's game when it goes well for our country is our industry - it's our football

Clap

LOL

What a laughable statement.  Everyone knows its Michelle Smith winning 3 gold medals in the 1996 Oympics.

Speaking of oul whiskey gee what has become of her

Had a sex change, name change and now plays for Man City.  Think her name is De Bruyne now.

Edited by Trap junior - 10 Jan 2019 at 11:59am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:59am

His plan for a new direction in Irish football is partially influenced by how rugby have managed their product so Niall Quinn does not mean to cause offence.

But he was a bit taken aback by a recent Neil Francis column in the Sunday Independent which declared that Jonathan Sexton's drop goal in Paris last year was Ireland's greatest sporting moment.

"I was actually there for it and it was excellent," said Quinn. "And I saw Neil's column - 'Greater than 1990, the country stopped in its tracks.'

"Did they stop in Ballyfermot? Did they stop in Crumlin? Did they stop in Finglas? Did they stop in the North Wall? I don't think so. The people's game when it goes well for our country is our industry - it's our football

Clap

LOL

What a laughable statement.  Everyone knows its Michelle Smith winning 3 gold medals in the 1996 Oympics.

Probably doing Ketamine with Waterford Crystal
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:07pm

Clap

LOL

Had a sex change, name change and now plays for Man City.  Think her name is De Bruyne now.
LOL blends in real well with all the other drug cheats there so
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:16pm
Nobody else think this is a bit strange?

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Alright, this is a bit mental

"Here's the best thing - the guys coming in could play for Ireland, if they're not going to play for Brazil. There are 5,000 Brazilian players playing around the world, not all of them can play for Brazil.”

We’re not f**king Qatar 

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 9:50am
Niall speaking live on 5live now.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:47pm
Niall favourite to succeed Dellaney apparently?
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Niall favourite to succeed Dellaney apparently?

Apparently so. 

Have been thinking about this since seeing that article and can't help but compare this with the debates on here about players who are not playing and the less they play for us the more their perceived ability and impact increases. I would put Brian Kerr in this category in terms of ppl calling for him to have a role within the FAI also.

Not that I am calling for the reinstatement of JD, but saying that I hope Quinn wont be built up as some sort of saviour. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:14pm
It doesn't matter who it is unless the whole structure changes. It wouldn't surprise that if someone like Quinn came in that they would resign within a year in frustration. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It doesn't matter who it is unless the whole structure changes. It wouldn't surprise that if someone like Quinn came in that they would resign within a year in frustration. 

Changing a whole structure at the best of times is tricky. You also have to work against the exisiting culture and loyalties within the organisation. Quinn and a new board (which would be required) would need patience from the public and it is a long term project. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 4:16pm

See where you are coming from.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 4:58pm
Noel is to be crowned KING of the FAI(L)
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:05pm

It wouldn't surprise me! 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:26pm
Niall's always struck me as very much an establishment figure so I'm not surprised to see his name linked with the role. Would all that much change  with Quinn at the helm? I'm not sure. What's really required is  a complete clearout of the old guard and major institutional reform.

What we'll probably end up with is a Medvedev-style figurehead promoted from within, with Delaney continuing to pull all of the strings.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:47pm

Jaysussss Confused

Edited by Fitz - 24 Mar 2019 at 5:48pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:46pm

Cork?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:53pm

Cork?
West CorkThumbs Up
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 4:20am
I'd be very surprised if he took the job with Delaney still in the organisation. Can't see it happening.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:33am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I'd be very surprised if he took the job with Delaney still in the organisation. Can't see it happening.
Agreed. Dan McDonnell was on OTB saying the same 
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>
  Share Topic