You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Niall Quinn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 23>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Niall Quinn is devising the most ambitious and radical plan in Irish football history as he hopes to revive a sport at its lowest ebb since the 1970s. The former Ireland forward, and chairman of Sunderland, wants to revolutionise the sport’s academy system with a €40million injection to benefit young players from Ireland and around the world.

Depressed by the ongoing practice of uneducated Irish footballers leaving home to chase an improbable dream, coupled with the demise of the senior international team, Quinn’s proposal can be divided into two parts.

Firstly, he has already tapped into his political and business contacts to sound out potential investors who would be willing to pay into a €40m per-annum fund that would finance academy systems within the League

Wait, what!!!??? I know things have been bad lately with the senior team, but...demise? Shocked 

Imagine the meltdown on here if that really did happen. LOL

Looks like someone could have done with a dictionary for Christmas. LOL

Bit pedantic, most people would use it in the same context - a deterioration, fall from grace etc. 

If he had got a dictioniary, it may well have been one that says exactly that too.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/demise
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Niall Quinn is a creep

Take your black and white specs off!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 3:23pm

Fair dues Niall Quinn, as Daniel McDonnell phrased it this morning, he may not have all the right answers but it's significant he is asking the questions. 

And in fairness, there is more than questions being asked.  He is exploring the possibilities and sounding out investors and interested parties.  Our C.E.O. with his behaviour over the years has been chasing away investors and instead going to parties.

If Quinn's initiative is to be realistic and successful over the coming ten years, our C.E.O. needs to be gone or the whole proposed project will be tainted before it gets off the mark even if it is implemented without F.A.I. input as the general public will only see it as this as their plan.

Edited by ontheball - 09 Jan 2019 at 3:39pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 3:36pm
The moment John Delaney realises he has competition

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 4:57pm
Any plan to genuinely revamp our domestic game is doomed to failure if they don't consider the idea of an all-Ireland league. 

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 5:03pm
I like the sound of what Niall is planning. Reforming Irish football would always take ten years but you could see a dramatic transformation in that time. It would be impossible to do anything in twelve months.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 5:10pm
Is Quinn involved in Virgin Media in anyway or just as a pundit?

Reading between the lines he certainly is rattling some cages, JD was spooked by Quinn's last comments.

btw which eejit on the forum was saying that Quinn was too nice or something to ever be the head of the FAI LOL 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 6:29pm
You can take it for gospel from me and I do know Niall Quinn does not want to be CEO of the FAI. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

You can take it for gospel from me and I do know Niall Quinn does not want to be CEO of the FAI. 
So it’s Rome then LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

Any plan to genuinely revamp our domestic game is doomed to failure if they don't consider the idea of an all-Ireland league. 

Would be best alright but there's that Uefa rule that you need to have your own domestic  league in order to have national team or something. Not sure of the exact rule. P

Unless we joined up the national side as well! 

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Jan 2019 at 6:44pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:07pm

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:12pm

You could put the academies in first and return to that issue at some other point. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:26pm
QUOTE=lassassinblanc]Niall Quinn is a creep
[/QUOTE]

Ah now come on Eamon!  You can't be saying that!

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 2:38am
Alright, this is a bit mental

"Here's the best thing - the guys coming in could play for Ireland, if they're not going to play for Brazil. There are 5,000 Brazilian players playing around the world, not all of them can play for Brazil.”

We’re not f**king Qatar 

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Niall Quinn draws up scheme to save Irish football ...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/niall-quinn-draws-up-scheme-to...

Read about this earlier and not sure if it's pie in the sky stuff or not.  Firstly he hasn't officially got anyone on board yet I don't think merely sounding people out.  Secondly 2m per club.  Is that enough to start good academies?  Would the clubs end up spending the money on other things?

Would Delaney relinquish control? He might get rid of his problem child but if Quinn shows him up by doing  a good job he will come out of it looking bad.  Then again it might be 5-10 yrs before you see any progress after investment and Delaney will be in UEFA by then.

You ring fence the money and prevent that from happening
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:19am
His plan for a new direction in Irish football is partially influenced by how rugby have managed their product so Niall Quinn does not mean to cause offence.

But he was a bit taken aback by a recent Neil Francis column in the Sunday Independent which declared that Jonathan Sexton's drop goal in Paris last year was Ireland's greatest sporting moment.

"I was actually there for it and it was excellent," said Quinn. "And I saw Neil's column - 'Greater than 1990, the country stopped in its tracks.'

"Did they stop in Ballyfermot? Did they stop in Crumlin? Did they stop in Finglas? Did they stop in the North Wall? I don't think so. The people's game when it goes well for our country is our industry - it's our football

Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

His plan for a new direction in Irish football is partially influenced by how rugby have managed their product so Niall Quinn does not mean to cause offence.

But he was a bit taken aback by a recent Neil Francis column in the Sunday Independent which declared that Jonathan Sexton's drop goal in Paris last year was Ireland's greatest sporting moment.

"I was actually there for it and it was excellent," said Quinn. "And I saw Neil's column - 'Greater than 1990, the country stopped in its tracks.'

"Did they stop in Ballyfermot? Did they stop in Crumlin? Did they stop in Finglas? Did they stop in the North Wall? I don't think so. The people's game when it goes well for our country is our industry - it's our football

Clap

LOL

What a laughable statement.  Everyone knows its Michelle Smith winning 3 gold medals in the 1996 Oympics.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Clap

LOL

What a laughable statement.  Everyone knows its Michelle Smith winning 3 gold medals in the 1996 Oympics.

Speaking of oul whiskey gee what has become of her
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 23>
  Share Topic