You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stoke City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChiefGooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stoke City
    Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:11am
I started watching tony pulis' interview this morning when he was asked about 'that tackle' against dembele of fulham the other night & was about to applaud the man for calling it wreckless BUT he then went on to say that hughes wasn't just angry about that and he was angry at losing after fielding a full team at the brittania!

If that wasn't bad enough, they then show wingnut delap come out with 'he's commited, it looked worse on the TV, there was no malice, the boy's not badly injured AND THE WORST ONE OF ALL "these things happen in football" AngryAngryAngry

Yes they do keep happening in football but especially when stoke city are playing and the english FA keep on letting these type of challenges go unpunished. I am starting to dislike this team & their manager the more I see of them which is a shame as I think that they should be applauded for staying in the premiership on a limited budget but not at the expense of fellow professionals health and wellbeing. 

Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:22am
I enjoy watching Stoke because of the throw ins and always a good crowd at the Britania but the way their players and manager has acted since they have been promoted has been disturbing. But of course there are some meat head football fans that want to see all this thugishness. They want to see more of this

http://estaticos02.marca.com/albumes/2010/09/19/messilesionujfalusi/1284978658_extras_albumes_1.jpg

Edited by Landon Donovan - 24 Sep 2010 at 8:24am
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:26am
super fans at stoke
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:30am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

super fans at stoke

Very over rated
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:32am
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

super fans at stoke

Very over rated
oh yeah,how come?im only judging by tv
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:41am

super fans at stoke

Very over rated

Been to the Britannia the last 2 seasons for the utd games. Small time supporters with about 3 songs.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 10:26am
Originally posted by ChiefGooner ChiefGooner wrote:

I started watching tony pulis' interview this morning when he was asked about 'that tackle' against dembele of fulham the other night & was about to applaud the man for calling it wreckless BUT he then went on to say that hughes wasn't just angry about that and he was angry at losing after fielding a full team at the brittania!

If that wasn't bad enough, they then show wingnut delap come out with 'he's commited, it looked worse on the TV, there was no malice, the boy's not badly injured AND THE WORST ONE OF ALL "these things happen in football" AngryAngryAngry

Yes they do keep happening in football but especially when stoke city are playing and the english FA keep on letting these type of challenges go unpunished. I am starting to dislike this team & their manager the more I see of them which is a shame as I think that they should be applauded for staying in the premiership on a limited budget but not at the expense of fellow professionals health and wellbeing. 

Alright there Arsene?
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

I enjoy watching Stoke because of the throw ins and always a good crowd at the Britania but the way their players and manager has acted since they have been promoted has been disturbing. But of course there are some meat head football fans that want to see all this thugishness. They want to see more of this

http://estaticos02.marca.com/albumes/2010/09/19/messilesionujfalusi/1284978658_extras_albumes_1.jpg

that the tackle on messi last week?

jaysus lucky to be only out for a couple of weeks with a challenge like that
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 10:40am
Twas Gaz and unfortunately it will take either Messi or Ronaldo to get seriously injured before aggressive tackles are targeted by the footballing authorities. Its still too late for somebody like Van Basten who was kicked out of football

The Violator View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Violator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 11:40am
stoke scum
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 1:40pm

I didn't see that tackle so can't comment on it. But what do you want to do - ban the sliding tackle altogether? Football is a contact sport and it should stay that way. Most people argue that footballer is gone too soft these days. Look at Nani last week - pathetic. I think it's refreshing to see a team that get stuck in and get results. Obviously it's not as good as watching Barca or good passing teams but it takes all sorts to make the world. If a player goes out to deliberatly injure a player, however, they should be heavily punished. Nobody wants to see injuries or mistimed challenges.

It is no coincidence that the majority of people here complaining are Arsenal fans. They are not capable of dealing with teams like this because Wenger doesn't know how to buy a good keeper, centre half or holding midfielder.
As long as they stick within the rules i like Tony Pulis and Stoke. They are a tough tackling, no nonsense bunch of mother fookers Thumbs%20Up
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Alright there Arsene?

LOL

Btw there is a picture from the Atletico v Barca match in a Stoke City thread Confused

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 3:54pm

Been to the Britannia the last 2 seasons for the utd games. Small time supporters with about 3 songs.

Stoke fans are very noisy in the Britannia stadium.
They get behind their team especially when they are losing.
I can't say the same for ManYoo. Last time I was in OT, (my son likes 'em) the fans were turning on the team because they hadn't scored in the first half!

Yes, Stoke are tough but no rougher than many other sides.
Realistically, they cannot expect to outplay the likes of Arsenal and compete at the same level of passing etc., so pragmatically, Pulis will set them up to make it tough.

If memory serves me correct, isn't that exactly how ManYoo beat the Arsenal last year too?
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 6:15pm

I love Arsenal's passing style, I love players like Fabregas, Wilshere, Rosicky, and poor Ramsey who got hurt last season and Eduardo the season before that, but I also strongly believe that neither Ryan Shawcross or Martin Taylor deliberately set out to injure the Arsenal player that day, Shawcross was reckless cos he coulda hurt himself also and Taylor's was just badly timed from where I saw it.

There are so many aspects to football and hard fair tackling is part and parcel of it.  Sometimes players will mistime it, resulting in inevitable injuries.  The problem is that dirty players and deliberate foul play is not properly punished and the authorities don't seem to know the difference between a mistimed tackle and a plain dirty foul.  2 footed tackles should be an instant red card and a 10 match ban at least.  Going into a tackle with your studs up should be finally outlawed (watch the CL this season, a ref for a CL game will ALWAYS give a foul, but in the EPL, some refs will give a free, some won't and that confusion drives players and fans nuts).  Outlawing a studs up challenge will also reduce injuries.

You can't hope to compete in any match if you aren't prepared to win your physical battles.  For all Wenger's wonderful footballing philosophy, he hasn't won anything since losing the likes of Adams, Bould, Keown, Vieira and Petit who would kick their granny. 

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 24 Sep 2010 at 6:16pm
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 6:23pm
Isn't this meant to be mans game. let those two globes under yer knob drop lads, alright Thumbs%20Up
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 6:25pm

super fans at stoke

Very over rated

United fans havent got a pinch of saxa salt on Stoke fans
Out of order
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Stoke fans are very noisy in the Britannia stadium.
They get behind their team especially when they are losing.
I can't say the same for ManYoo. Last time I was in OT, (my son likes 'em) the fans were turning on the team because they hadn't scored in the first half!

Yes, Stoke are tough but no rougher than many other sides.
Realistically, they cannot expect to outplay the likes of Arsenal and compete at the same level of passing etc., so pragmatically, Pulis will set them up to make it tough.

If memory serves me correct, isn't that exactly how ManYoo beat the Arsenal last year too?
United are officially the best supported club in the world going on average attendance.
Your memory serves you very incorrectly. United pissed on arsenal at the emirates. Nani and Rooney scored candidates for goal of the season. At OT Wenger whinged about a United player (Darren Fletcher) tackling his team. United won that game as well. They also taught them a footballing lesson home and away in the semi final of the Champions League the year before.
Back o' the Net !
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 4:07pm
If you wanna see tough tackling watch Rugby. The stone age days of football are on their way out and hopefully the meat heads that enjoy seeing the likes of Shawcross, Taylor and Ufalusi do what they do best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic