You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Republic of Ireland Section

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forzacity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 6:14am
I think you should rename it the "Ireland" section. Ireland is the official name of the country and we have a huge support in the occupied land. What about doing that?
Sponsored Links

Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by forzacity forzacity wrote:

I think you should rename it the "Ireland" section. Ireland is the official name of the country and we have a huge support in the occupied land. What about doing that?

Agree but dont think its entirely necessary.

We all know which team we support and our team represants and has  players who are eligeble to  represent  anyone of the 32 counties of our country.

Personally, football aside, as far as im concerened i live in Ireland, within the Irish free state, im not ashamed to say i dont recognise a 26 county republic, nor do i recognise the term Republic before the name of our country in any guise ( including the refarance to our association football team)while the proclaimed Irish Republic doesnt yet exist. My political views dont  interfer with my opinions of football and it never will.

To sum up, i dont think the term "ROI" affects our north eastern countrymen in any way, nor does it affect me. I would prefer the section to be referred to as just Ireland, but its no big deal really.
The Violator View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Violator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 2:20am
theres ROI section? Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic