You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Padraig Amond

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 8:14am
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0609/ammondp_av.html
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:14am
Looks like he has gone on trial at Sheffield Wednesday - He didn't tell us that on Twitter !
el2nz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:22am
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:24am
Originally posted by el2nz el2nz wrote:

Just noticed that on RTE.

missed that myself, gas he came on for morrison in the match, fingers crossed it works out for him.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:32am
Anyone that wants me to ask him any questions or whatever , give me a shout....
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Ask him what the feck he's doing wanting to join that lot(swfc) LOL 

Seriously though find out is it not in his interest's to stay at Pacos for 1 more year as he was stuck behind a few players who were only on loan at the club last year and has he been told he wont be getting a look in this year?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:54am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Ask him what the feck he's doing wanting to join that lot(swfc) LOL 

Seriously though find out is it not in his interest's to stay at Pacos for 1 more year as he was stuck behind a few players who were only on loan at the club last year and has he been told he wont be getting a look in this year?

Are you implying thats theres only one real team in Sheffield LOL ???

Well the Pacos move caught us all by surprise tbh , he settled in well enough anyway but i suppose his lack of game time couldnt have been easy!! I know for a fact he will jump at a move to England/Scotland if he gets a chance...

He scored in their last game before he went over to Sheffield i know that...Yeah i'll try sort out a few questions for him , the man is always on facebook and twitter LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by el2nz el2nz wrote:

Just noticed that on RTE.

missed that myself, gas he came on for morrison in the match, fingers crossed it works out for him.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 4:10am
Megson was impressed with him in a trial game so hopefully they might take a punt on him, he's a decent player.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 10:54am
Staying on for an extra week's trial after playing in todays draw with Leeds

Danny Wilson should nip in and sign him while he's in the city lol
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 6:16pm

Trialist Amond to extend Owls stay

Wednesday manager Gary Megson has revealed that he'll keep trialist Padraig Amond at the club for an extra week.

The Irish striker was due to return to Portugal, where he's been playing his football, tomorrow morning but Megson will keep the 23-year-old at S6 for another week as he weighs up whether to sign him permanently or not.

The former Shamrock Rovers man arrived in Sheffield on Tuesday and was thrown straight into the squad that took on Rotherham United in a friendly later the same day.

He started the next match against Stocksbridge Park Steels the following day and also started in today's 1-1 draw against Leeds United at Hillsborough.

Megson revealed the news straight after the clash with Simon Grayson's men on BBC Radio Sheffield but admitted that he's only ever taken one trialist on a permanent basis ad that it was a mistake.

Megson didn't name the player or the club but revealed that he'd only signed on at the club to get his girlfriend into the country to go to university.

Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 5:23am
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 11:02am
I have to say I was very disappointed to hear this news today. Amond has moved from the Portuguese top flight to League Two because Portugal was 'very far from home'...'no one else spoke English'
Sadly I fear this could be the last we hear of Padraig. It's a real pity he couldn't tough it out in Portugal. The club seemed to want him, so at least give it another season or two.
garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 11:23am
Gone on loan to Accrington Stanley. Isn't homesick in Portugal, just wasn't happy not playing over there and picking up his wages, just wants to play and score goals.
This time next year........
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 11:26am
He is homesick, says as much himself in video below;

wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:11pm
tough on him, wish he got more of a chance at pacos. hopefully he does well at stanley and gets to a bigger club
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 9:46pm
PA got a 95th minute equaliser for Grimsby tonight his fifth goal of the season.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

PA got a 95th minute equaliser for Grimsby tonight his fifth goal of the season.

The crowd must have gone nuts
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic