You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Richie Towell - Puns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 44>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 3:56pm
I listened to the same interview. If he's settling down here it would take championship money to bring him to England 5k + a week.
If he stays I'd love to see some sort of a marketing campaign put behind him by the league as a whole and real pressure on MON to put him in squads. It could do wonders for the league to grow his profile.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 4:50pm
Considering O'Neill has squad list of 37 or whatever surely sticking Towell and 1 or 2 other of the better LOI players is the least they deserve. 

How many current squad players have played in the LOI? It must be at the highest rates in a long time, so it's not tokenism to include them..but it'll be he'll have to do well at Doncaster before he gets a call up...brrrrrpppppp
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:18pm
Paul Green just to name one in the squad ahead of Towell is remarkable. Green 99.9 percent will never get a cap again so why bother
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:29pm
should have been in against the rock. Unlikely to be included before September now regardless of where he is.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

should have been in against the rock. Unlikely to be included before September now regardless of where he is.

There's a friendly against Switzerland in March. That should be an opportunity to stretch the squad and try a few different players with an eye to the future/being flexible at the euros (hopefully) .
Whatever about game time Towell should be in that extended squad.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 10:19pm
It would be a win/win for everyone if Towell and just say Horgan got called up for the Swiss friendly as it would show the players in the LOI that they can get a chance at international football if they perform well in the league. 

It also may earn either player a move to England which in turn gives the league more exposure as it once had when Long/Doyle etc all moved. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

It would be a win/win for everyone if Towell and just say Horgan got called up for the Swiss friendly as it would show the players in the LOI that they can get a chance at international football if they perform well in the league. 

It also may earn either player a move to England which in turn gives the league more exposure as it once had when Long/Doyle etc all moved. 
Towell will be in England next week ffs....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

That was said last year too.
DavidMan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 4:15pm
There is a fine line between being confident and cocky. i thought he came across as cocky on second captains
We March On
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by DavidMan DavidMan wrote:

There is a fine line between being confident and cocky. i thought he came across as cocky on second captains

In fairness he's scored 29 goals this year from midfield if there's any Irish player playing anywhere in the world that deserves to be cocky it's him. I loved when he was asked does he think he could play for Ireland now, without hesitating he said yes.
When a simpleton like conor mcgregor is cocky he's a national treasure when a LOI footballer does it he's done something wrong. We need a few more people standing up for the league.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 5:11pm
I haven't heard any interest for him from England other then Bristol Rovers....
He had a trial last year and didn't make the cut so to speak. I'd love to see this guy thrive over here, but where? 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

In fairness he's scored 29 goals this year from midfield if there's any Irish player playing anywhere in the world that deserves to be cocky it's him. I loved when he was asked does he think he could play for Ireland now, without hesitating he said yes.
When a simpleton like conor mcgregor is cocky he's a national treasure when a LOI footballer does it he's done something wrong. We need a few more people standing up for the league.

I tried to hate Richie Towell but I must admit to developing a fondness for him. If he played for City I'd build him a fecking statue.
westyboy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 5:30pm
he deffo deserves a call up and possibly game time in the next set of friendlies.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

First I heard of it, care to expand?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 6:34pm
Brighton are intrested in Horgan and Towell.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

Where's that?
Brighton would be a good move for Towell mid championship club under a good manager and a secure club with a bright future
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

Where's that?
Brighton would be a good move for Towell mid championship club under a good manager and a secure club with a bright future

They're second in the champonship Wink

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 44>
  Share Topic