FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wayne Rooney is a tramp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Not out of my arse, its in Brackleys new book on Ferguson for starters and it has also been mentioned  in many other books too. 

When he retired he was unhappy that there was a lack investment in top players at the time and he was also unhappy about how his name was being used by the club.

In his mind he also realised that did not have it anymore at the highest level in Europe and did not have the professionalism to be a world class footballer. 

brackley who?

i don't understand why he felt there was a lack of investment?fergie chose to use youth, was the most successful period of his tenureship. maybe because they weren't as good in europe as expected.
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:11am
Not out of my arse, its in Brackleys new book on Ferguson for starters and it has also been mentioned  in many other books too. 

When he retired he was unhappy that there was a lack investment in top players at the time and he was also unhappy about how his name was being used by the club.

In his mind he also realised that did not have it anymore at the highest level in Europe and did not have the professionalism to be a world class footballer. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:07am

So if it does not exist on the net therefore it does not exist.  I could not be arse do a trawl or searching for but I know I am right.  Fair enough if you barstoolers cant handle the truth but its the truth. 

you can't be arsed because it isn't true. ha we're the barstoolers? you're too lazy to have a search through the internet for some bizaare point you've just pulled out your arse.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:05am
So if it does not exist on the net therefore it does not exist.  I could not be arse do a trawl or searching for but I know I am right.  Fair enough if you barstoolers cant handle the truth but its the truth. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:03am

He said he when he was retiring. 

He had 2 points,

One was the use of his image and name and the 2nd was that he felt that they were not investing in the best players, he was not happy with Andy Cole etc and questioned whether they were going out for the best players. 

Do your research lads its true.

do your research?? you haven't even presented a link. Confused
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:00am
He said he when he was retiring. 

He had 2 points,

One was the use of his image and name and the 2nd was that he felt that they were not investing in the best players, he was not happy with Andy Cole etc and questioned whether they were going out for the best players. 

Do your research lads its true.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 7:21am

Its not the first time a player at utd question the ambition of the club, Cantona did the same think in 97 and subsequently retired. Utd 2 years later won the treble though.  

when did he say this???

roy keane questioned the ambition in 2002 was it? went on to win 4 titles, the champions league (reaching the final twice), fa cup (reaching the final 3 times) and the carling cup 3 times.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Interesting article by Richie Sadlier in the Sunday Independent about agents and mostly about Paul Stertford (Rooneys agent).

By Richard Sadlier

Sunday October 24 2010

'Right, stop f**king about. What amount of money do I have to write on this cheque for you to allow us to represent you?'

It was one of the most uncomfortable lunches I've ever had. I had met an agent who was trying to get me to sign with his firm. He was aware I was flying to Manchester the following day to have a similar meeting with Paul Stretford.

Anxious that Stretford's pitch would impress me more, he did his best to ensure I wouldn't go. I was told I was being given a fee which would demonstrate the commitment his company was willing to make to the long-term success of my career.

"Twenty grand?" No, honestly I'm going to meet him. The flights are booked. "Thirty grand?" Seriously, it's not going to come down to money. And it was you who introduced the money thing, not me. "Last offer. I'll write forty grand on this cheque and you sign with us. That'll be that".

I went to Manchester as arranged the next day and was shown around the offices of Pro-Active Sports Management. I was ushered into Kevin Moran's office for a chat with him, and Kenny Dalglish was assigned to do his bit over the phone. A PowerPoint presentation was put together by four or five members of their staff. Each explained in the clearest of terms that all my needs would be met if I was to sign with them -- contract talks, media relations, travel arrangements, legal advice, financial advice, commercial deals, concert tickets -- basically, they were prepared to run my life if I was happy for them to do so.

I spent the afternoon with Stretford in his office, thanked them for showing me around and flew back to London to think things over.

It turns out that the practice of players receiving large sums of money from agents seeking to represent them is more common than you'd think. I wasn't sure though, so I asked around. My manager said it was perfectly above board. Their logic was straightforward -- they believed they would make so much from deals over the course of a normal career, any amount would represent a sound investment.

In the end, I was given 50k to sign with the first agent I had met. I knew Stretford was willing to match it, but I was happy enough with my choice. I signed a document acknowledging receipt of the money and never thought of it after that.

The motives and behaviour of agents have again been called into question by those concerned by Wayne Rooney's decision to originally turn down a deal at Manchester United. Fans resent them, managers suffer them, but the fact is players need them. It's hard for people to accept the growing power of the very best players in today's game.

But a quick chat with anyone who played before agents were around would instantly convince you of their value. Clubs had it their own way for too long, and shafted players freely as a result. Some agents act in ways which bring shame to their industry, but many others do exactly what they are hired to do, and they do it very well.

When I signed with the agent that time, I hoped it would mark the beginning of a professional relationship that would see me through the remainder of my career. I was only 23 at the time, and despite picking up a relatively minor hip injury a few weeks earlier, I felt things were going pretty well. I was right on one front, I suppose. I remained with that agent until the day I finished.

The reason we parted company was the call I received on the morning my retirement was publicly announced about 18 months later.

He was livid that he had not been informed of my decision to call it a day (I was retiring on medical grounds, and as he had no medical expertise whatsoever, I never sought his input) and demanded a full refund of the money he gave me. He bollocked me for denying him the opportunity of future earnings by not playing on longer, and informed me he would take me to court to ensure he got paid. All this on the morning I retired.

Agents have a very important role to play in the lives of those they represent. Some players choose to limit their involvement to contract discussions, while others avail of every service they are willing to provide. Players want their earnings maximised in the relatively short time available to them, and agents are all too happy to assist where they can. It will always be this way, and so it should be.

In 2004, the FA found Stretford guilty of breaching nine of the rules governing agents. He was fined £300,000 and banned from practising for 18 months. Rooney stood by him throughout his ban (and his subsequent departure from Pro-Active in 2008) and must feel pretty glad now that he did.

I never spoke to Stretford again after I left his office that day, but a client of his has just become the highest paid player in the history of Manchester United. I've a feeling he's moved on by now.

Whats his point? Seems like a ramble to me.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 7:10am
Can this thread be closed?  Bored outa me brains seeing his mug on telly/in the papers.  HE'S STAYING. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 7:06am
Kleberson the same,thats why he fooked off,they couldnt match his ambition
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 7:04am
Rooney will hit form again soon and it will all be forgotten about and they'll be singing the white pele song about him.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 6:42am

Its not the first time a player at utd question the ambition of the club, Cantona did the same think in 97 and subsequently retired. Utd 2 years later won the treble though.  

Thats absolute horsesh*t- when did cantona question uniteds ambition

Fair play to the united fans at stoke- singing viva ronaldo and theres only one george best- that was a big fcuk you to rooney
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 8:18pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 1:25pm

Interesting article by Richie Sadlier in the Sunday Independent about agents and mostly about Paul Stertford (Rooneys agent).

By Richard Sadlier

Sunday October 24 2010

'Right, stop f**king about. What amount of money do I have to write on this cheque for you to allow us to represent you?'

It was one of the most uncomfortable lunches I've ever had. I had met an agent who was trying to get me to sign with his firm. He was aware I was flying to Manchester the following day to have a similar meeting with Paul Stretford.

Anxious that Stretford's pitch would impress me more, he did his best to ensure I wouldn't go. I was told I was being given a fee which would demonstrate the commitment his company was willing to make to the long-term success of my career.

"Twenty grand?" No, honestly I'm going to meet him. The flights are booked. "Thirty grand?" Seriously, it's not going to come down to money. And it was you who introduced the money thing, not me. "Last offer. I'll write forty grand on this cheque and you sign with us. That'll be that".

I went to Manchester as arranged the next day and was shown around the offices of Pro-Active Sports Management. I was ushered into Kevin Moran's office for a chat with him, and Kenny Dalglish was assigned to do his bit over the phone. A PowerPoint presentation was put together by four or five members of their staff. Each explained in the clearest of terms that all my needs would be met if I was to sign with them -- contract talks, media relations, travel arrangements, legal advice, financial advice, commercial deals, concert tickets -- basically, they were prepared to run my life if I was happy for them to do so.

I spent the afternoon with Stretford in his office, thanked them for showing me around and flew back to London to think things over.

It turns out that the practice of players receiving large sums of money from agents seeking to represent them is more common than you'd think. I wasn't sure though, so I asked around. My manager said it was perfectly above board. Their logic was straightforward -- they believed they would make so much from deals over the course of a normal career, any amount would represent a sound investment.

In the end, I was given 50k to sign with the first agent I had met. I knew Stretford was willing to match it, but I was happy enough with my choice. I signed a document acknowledging receipt of the money and never thought of it after that.

The motives and behaviour of agents have again been called into question by those concerned by Wayne Rooney's decision to originally turn down a deal at Manchester United. Fans resent them, managers suffer them, but the fact is players need them. It's hard for people to accept the growing power of the very best players in today's game.

But a quick chat with anyone who played before agents were around would instantly convince you of their value. Clubs had it their own way for too long, and shafted players freely as a result. Some agents act in ways which bring shame to their industry, but many others do exactly what they are hired to do, and they do it very well.

When I signed with the agent that time, I hoped it would mark the beginning of a professional relationship that would see me through the remainder of my career. I was only 23 at the time, and despite picking up a relatively minor hip injury a few weeks earlier, I felt things were going pretty well. I was right on one front, I suppose. I remained with that agent until the day I finished.

The reason we parted company was the call I received on the morning my retirement was publicly announced about 18 months later.

He was livid that he had not been informed of my decision to call it a day (I was retiring on medical grounds, and as he had no medical expertise whatsoever, I never sought his input) and demanded a full refund of the money he gave me. He bollocked me for denying him the opportunity of future earnings by not playing on longer, and informed me he would take me to court to ensure he got paid. All this on the morning I retired.

Agents have a very important role to play in the lives of those they represent. Some players choose to limit their involvement to contract discussions, while others avail of every service they are willing to provide. Players want their earnings maximised in the relatively short time available to them, and agents are all too happy to assist where they can. It will always be this way, and so it should be.

In 2004, the FA found Stretford guilty of breaching nine of the rules governing agents. He was fined £300,000 and banned from practising for 18 months. Rooney stood by him throughout his ban (and his subsequent departure from Pro-Active in 2008) and must feel pretty glad now that he did.

I never spoke to Stretford again after I left his office that day, but a client of his has just become the highest paid player in the history of Manchester United. I've a feeling he's moved on by now.

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 11:32am
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 7:40am
Rooneys a bollox.
Irish family but chose to play for the tans instead....
Prob more money to be made playig for that circus.....

You'll never beat the Irish
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 7:02am
What the whole saga proves is..ONE PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED

That's the bottom line

It's all about money at the end of the day
It's a sad day for a great club IMO when they are held to ransom
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:12am
I sincerely hope that all the United fans who are claiming this as some kind of dramatic ploy or 'masterstroke' are taking the piss! Rooney has bent United over and shafted them royally on this one, no doubt about it in my mind. I'm sure his scumbag agent had a large part to play in all of this, but it's very difficult to come up with a creditable argument that suggests all this nonsense was ever about anything other than increasing Mr. Rooney's bank balance. Pig

United may have retained their prized asset, but they've had to air all their dirty linen in public in order to do so, and in truth old red nose has to be fairly embarrassed by it all. Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
  Share Topic