Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gary Waddock, Well done Son!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gary Waddock, Well done Son!
    Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 5:20pm
Aldershot promoted to the Football League tonight, managed by Gary Waddock, delighted for him.  He was a real 100% fiery redhead in his Irish career, scored a screamer v Italy when the World Champs of 82 packed out Dalymount (dangerously overcrowded).  He was overlooked for Italia 90 at the last minute by Charlton which was devastating for him and he's a massive fan favourite at QPR, so I'm really chuffed for Gary, fair balls to you Gary, well done.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 5:22pm
Agree very much with that FW. well done Gary
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 5:26pm
Yeah me and the lads were only saying that when we seen he on Sky a few minutes ago....fair play Clap

That Aldershot club was only found in 1992. Didnt take them long to reach the football league...
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 1:56am
he had a terrible leg break at QPR , the fans there really respect him for that and i think the whole country felt for him when big jack dropped him from the sqaud.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 3:12am
Great to see former internationals do well..

Delighted for him.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 8:45am
Another nice chap, BTW, and very helpful. He also showed what type of person he is when he was dropped by Jack Charlton for Italia 90 in favour of Alan McLoughlin and just said his goodbyes and left. He was hounded by the British Press for a story about how he was treated but never dished the Irish team or Jack Charlton. A wonderful person and delighted for him at Aldershot.

Oh, I remember well the match at Dalier in 1985 against Italy. We arrived early and the FIA refused to open the gates even though there was a huge crush (pre-Hysel). Some punk rocker in front of meturned to me and said he lost his footingand was falling. A few of the lads around him held him up until he regained his feet. Frightening when I think of it now but part and parcel of going to see Ireland then. But then again the two games before that at Dalier had only about 5 - 8,000 at them.
There are friendlier places to drink.
stiofain View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiofain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 8:53am

Good post FW, well done Gary. Deighted for the Shots, a real success story for football after the former Aldershot went bankrupt

"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 2:31pm
New Oxford United Manager.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

New Oxford United Manager.
still feel for the guy and what happened before Italia 90
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 5:33pm
legend at the bush .Was lucky to meet him a few times and remind him of his ball bursting tackle against a young Diego Maradona in Landsdowne Road!!!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic