Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UCD AFC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 8:28pm
it was one of the worst pitches I have ever witnessed

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 3:27pm
 Finn Harps 3:0 UCD AFC 
A break away that wasnt dealt with gave Harps a 1-0 lead and they controlled the game from there.  Hitting the bar and a few scrambled clearances from UCD defence and Conor Kearns coming off his line a couple of times to clear (once outside his box).  Goal immediately after ht showed up recurring defence problems in not dealing with crosses and the third goal a 3 on 1 break-away when caught in possession.

UCD arent allowed the space to play through teams with our several play-makers isolated when they have the ball.  Going deeper and deeper to collect [1970s expression at least].

Three fixtures coming up against two teams twinned by their exclusion of others.

Edited by UCDFAN - 04 May 2019 at 3:28pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:11pm
Continuing my research to hopefully expand my LOI archive, there is one player I'm half-missing from the 1996-97 season -- a player named "J Fortune" who came on in the 89th minute of UCD's final match of the season against Bohs in April 1997 (his only ever appearance).  Would anyone know his first name? I'd have to guess it was John Fortune who played with Broadford Rovers and was in a DDSL select XI the previous season, but any confirmation would be appreciated.

Edited by theworm2345 - 10 May 2019 at 7:04pm
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Continuing my research to hopefully expand my LOI archive, there is one player I'm half-missing from the 1996-97 season -- a player named "J Fortune" who came on in the 89th minute of UCD's final match of the season against Bohs in April 1997 (his only ever appearance).  Would anyone know his first name? I'd have to guess it was John Fortune who played with Broadford Rovers and was in a DDSL select XI the previous season, but any confirmation would be appreciated.

The UCD AFC Historian Declan Hughes confirms the first name as John.  He doesn't know if it's the same player as at Broadford Rovers.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:07pm
Premier Division, Today Fri 17th May UCD AFC and Shamrock Rovers The UCD Bowl, ko 19:45
De Dodder Derby Another instalment in this an historic fixture.  The Students are down in the dumps at the minute between hitting the books for exams and hitting the crossbar at Turners Cross.  But as usual individual players are the talk of the town with Gary 'Gaz'/'Gar' O'Neill, Liam 'Liamo' Scales and Neil 'Neil' Farrugia all both rumoured and predicted to be joining other FCs on transfer and/or trial (some of the clubs are at the top of an entire league, some are not).

This should be another cracking game of ball and with the increased respect for youd football after the UEFA U17s maybe the UCD players won't get rudely shouted at as much as in the past.

Directions to UCD Bowl

The Clubhouse Bar (3 mins walk from The UCD Bowl) has hot meals as well as alcohol.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 3:47pm
UCD AFC Media Officer Conor McCarthy with an update on the unique challenges facing undergraduates for tonight's Premier Division UCD AFC and Shamrock Rovers, The UCD Bowl, ko 19:45

"......

Injured: Evan Osam (achilles)

Doubtful: None

Exam Commitments: Timmy Molloy, Luke Boore, Dan Tobin, Kevin Coffey

Suspended: None"

Collie Speaks: “We know it’s going to be a difficult game. Shamrock Rovers have been flying so far this season playing some great football. After completing the pro-licence with Stephen, he was one of the stand out candidates on the course and it’s no surprise his team are competing for the league title this year, they have been by far the best team we have played.

Edited by UCDFAN - 17 May 2019 at 3:48pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

The UCD AFC Historian Declan Hughes confirms the first name as John.  He doesn't know if it's the same player as at Broadford Rovers.
Lovely, thanks very much Thumbs Up
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:20pm
Premier Division, Mon 20th May UCD AFC : Cork City The UCD Bowl ko 19:45

UCD and City meet again at the Bowl.  All welcome for an enjoyable game.

Edited by UCDFAN - 20 May 2019 at 7:20pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 4:18pm
Farrugia personal and career profile in website of Maurice Revello Festival du Foot Espoirs (Mens) [Android version]
www.ucdsupporters.ie
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:20pm
I know it was only a friendly, but losing 11-0 to a L1 side is embarrassing.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:31pm
Losing to any side 11-0 is embarrasing. Looks bad.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 5:36am
Especially to a team that has just started pre-season.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:27am
Didn't UCD only have two subs on the bench for their last league game? God only knows what kind of rag-tag bunch they had out last night.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Didn't UCD only have two subs on the bench for their last league game? God only knows what kind of rag-tag bunch they had out last night.
Bless your sprituality and your support. Edit: Mostly UCD 1st team 1st half. Alot of changes at half-time.

Edited by UCDFAN - 11 Jul 2019 at 9:15pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 4:09pm
Tonight Monday 15th July, Premier Division, UCD AFC : Bohemians, The UCD Bowl, ko 19:45

A home win over Finn Harps, first point on the road away to Derry City giving a new look UCD every chance in 2019 season.
This term The Students are waiting for last minute cramming of points in the back-end.

All Football lovers welcome to the UCD Bowl.  A great Dublin Derby in prospect.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

This did not age well.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 8:30pm

This did not age well.

well done on the self-criticism.  I think at the minute your football world view is absolutist outcome-orientated rather than enjoying the 90+ minutes.....your language is very binary one-nil.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 3:22pm
The game Monday night going down as a 3-0 win now as Bohs played Mandroiu who was suspended. Farcical. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic