You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Cup 4th Round

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Dire match but great ending. We got in at a good price in the end tribal, crowd was shocking...

Devon do play some lovely football!! Fair f**ks, they could have been ahead at half time. Poor pen though. Great equaliser, serious header Clap
The crowd was embarrasing 562 for a local derby in the cup. Probably same amount of Salthill supporters as Galway judging from the goal celebrations. Salthill played some nice football alright. Better than most I've seen in Terryland. The two wingers Horgan and Gilmore would be quality if they were bigger. I slyed into the away end for the second half after seeing Galway. I thought Devon deserved my support since they put in some effort. We even made some noise. ''We're gonna win the cup I know ya don't believe us we're gonna win the cup''.

You werent the Only fan with mixed loyalties in the Salthill end.

I know exactly who you are talking about.
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:44am

Dire match but great ending. We got in at a good price in the end tribal, crowd was shocking...

Devon do play some lovely football!! Fair f**ks, they could have been ahead at half time. Poor pen though. Great equaliser, serious header Clap
The crowd was embarrasing 562 for a local derby in the cup. Probably same amount of Salthill supporters as Galway judging from the goal celebrations. Salthill played some nice football alright. Better than most I've seen in Terryland. The two wingers Horgan and Gilmore would be quality if they were bigger. I slyed into the away end for the second half after seeing Galway. I thought Devon deserved my support since they put in some effort. We even made some noise. ''We're gonna win the cup I know ya don't believe us we're gonna win the cup''.

Is that who I think it is Guf?!

Edited by MayoMark - 28 Aug 2010 at 8:44am
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:48am

Is that who I think it is Guf?!
Not sure who your thinking of mark?Confused
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:51am
Did ye beat Salthill Mark?

The guy who I'm thinking of was probably shouting his head off at that game too.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Bohs 1-0 Shels

We started off with a 4-5-1 formation and were very negetive until about the 65th minute when we brought on our 2nd striker. At that stage it should have been 4 or 5 nil bohs.

We only started threatening with 10-15 mins left and could have snuck an equaliser but wasn't to be. The better team won on the night and I have no complaints about the result.

We didn't disgrace ourselves but didn't do ourselves justice either the way we set our stall out but now we can focus fully on the league and hope Limerick and Mon's still being in the cup gives us an advantage in our remaining league fixtures

G'wan shels

Was there many shels fans in Dalymount Gaz?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:54am

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Bohs 1-0 Shels

We started off with a 4-5-1 formation and were very negetive until about the 65th minute when we brought on our 2nd striker. At that stage it should have been 4 or 5 nil bohs.

We only started threatening with 10-15 mins left and could have snuck an equaliser but wasn't to be. The better team won on the night and I have no complaints about the result.

We didn't disgrace ourselves but didn't do ourselves justice either the way we set our stall out but now we can focus fully on the league and hope Limerick and Mon's still being in the cup gives us an advantage in our remaining league fixtures

G'wan shels

Was there many shels fans in Dalymount Gaz?

The Big Club said 2000 Bohs 400 Shels.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:54am
No we got tonked tribal, sher it was their u-18 team. Jesus, the size of those lads. Physically we didn't stand a chance in hell. BUT, saying that, it was a good lesson and an indication where we need to be.

Salthill has better coaches, better facilities and better training session. The lads are also more dedicated, and it really shows. They play good football. It's good to watch. We gave it a rattle, but after 20 or so minutes it became evident we were fairly out of our depth... Not to worry A learning curve. So long as we do the biz against those scummers from Westport on Monday
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
sheas View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:55am
Originally posted by johnny ccfc johnny ccfc wrote:

Tribal you cant support 2 loi teams. its salthill or galway. choose.

Says the City fan who's set up a Ramblers forum
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 5:10am
Haha tribalarmy I presume the big club was drunk when he said that! Official attendance was 1,880 and there were about 600 shels fans there. Sure the jodi was only about 70% full.

Big club me hole

Edited by Gaz - 29 Aug 2010 at 5:45am
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
PaddyBourke2 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBourke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 5:20am
Originally posted by sheas sheas wrote:

Originally posted by johnny ccfc johnny ccfc wrote:

Tribal you cant support 2 loi teams. its salthill or galway. choose.
Says the City fan who's set up a Ramblers forum
i'm not a cobh fan. neilC is the city/cobh supporter. i just own a forum based on them. i dont go to games or anything
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 8:45am
own it me hole. it's a free forum johnny LOL
PaddyBourke2 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBourke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 8:50am
Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

own it me hole. it's a free forum johnny LOL
you can own stuff you get for free.
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 12:50pm
Ah gaz come off it 600 shels fansLOL, yeah i've just seen the video bout 1500 no more than 350 shels.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 4:33pm
Salthill Devon v Galway United.

8pm Tommorow in Drom.
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 6:17pm
presume the draw for the qf is on tomorrow on the news or mns?? anyone confirm?

Edited by aidz - 29 Aug 2010 at 6:18pm
You'll never beat the Irish
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by The Big Club The Big Club wrote:

Ah gaz come off it 600 shels fansLOL, yeah i've just seen the video bout 1500 no more than 350 shels.

At least 600 shels there, maybe more. As for your original guess of 2,000 bohs fans? Good jaysus!
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 1:36am

Salthill Devon v Galway United.

8pm Tommorow in Drom.

I just hope we improved vastly from last friday night.

We'll probably bring our biggest away crowd of the season tooBig%20smile

MrFantastico View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 2:42am
Originally posted by aidz aidz wrote:

presume the draw for the qf is on tomorrow on the news or mns?? anyone confirm?
its on mns tonight
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic