You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 48>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 9:55pm
Egan signed a five year contract with Sheffield Utd so it is fair to say he’s happy there. Certainly a PL player but it would take a big offer to shift him.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 10:51am
More Leeds chatter this morning - Think he'd be a starter there for sure, so could be a good move for both the lad himself and for Ireland.
Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 10:53am
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 1:40pm
egan is turning 30 soon if he was ever going to move to a higher level this was the time. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 9:43am
Linked to West Ham today for around £12m, would be a big fee for a 30 year old. It's a long time until January though, a lot could happen.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 2:19pm
Great player profile video this:

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 8:11pm
Cracking header from John just then in the live game on sky.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 6:21pm
Was sent off today.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 9:05pm
A bad Egan pass lets in QPR in for the first goal. 1 -0 halftime. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 10:02pm
Just scored, assist by Stevens

Edited by aviva8 - 02 Jan 2023 at 10:03pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 10:27pm
It’s only a draw but huge in the context the table for Sheffield Utd! 9pts clear of 3rd now but with the goal difference they have it’s essentially a 4 game turnaround for the 3rd team Blackburn to try and catch them! 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 6:42pm
Late late show from John.

Thumbs Up
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 7:08pm
Great stuff from him to dig Sheffield United out of a hole there. Although Wrexham, for all their investment, can't defend set pieces to save their lives.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 9:42pm
Having a tough night of it at Burnley - booked for a really clumsy tackle early in the first half and basically provided the assist for the second Burnley goal. Hasn't been helped by the Sheffield United keeper getting himself sent off early on. Sheffield United will need to to strengthen massively if they're going to have any chance of staying up next season.

Despite his status as vice captain I wouldn't actually be overly surprised if his starting place for Ireland came under threat before too long. His main advantage is that the alternative combination - Omobamidele/Collins/O'Shea would have an average age of about 22. But Collins and O'Shea are reasonably experienced now so his place might not be as secure as it seems.

On a completely unrelated note, either Sheffield United or Burnley might be a likely destination for Kelleher this summer. Both will be looking for a keeper upgrade in the Premier League next season.

Edited by You Tell Me - 10 Apr 2023 at 9:54pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 8:07am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Having a tough night of it at Burnley - booked for a really clumsy tackle early in the first half and basically provided the assist for the second Burnley goal. Hasn't been helped by the Sheffield United keeper getting himself sent off early on. Sheffield United will need to to strengthen massively if they're going to have any chance of staying up next season.

Despite his status as vice captain I wouldn't actually be overly surprised if his starting place for Ireland came under threat before too long. His main advantage is that the alternative combination - Omobamidele/Collins/O'Shea would have an average age of about 22. But Collins and O'Shea are reasonably experienced now so his place might not be as secure as it seems.

On a completely unrelated note, either Sheffield United or Burnley might be a likely destination for Kelleher this summer. Both will be looking for a keeper upgrade in the Premier League next season.
That's if United go up Shocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 4:31pm
Egan officially made club Captain of Sheffield United.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 9:45pm
Not great tonight, beaten one on one in the air for both Forest goals. If ever a Premier League game felt like a Championship game it's this one, really only four or five players of actual Premier League quality on the field. Egan wasn't one of them, being honest. Could be a tough season for him I'd fear, Sheffield United don't have much quality in the team at all.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 10:09pm
His head is gone.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 48>
  Share Topic