Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 48>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:24am
Yer he took his goal very well , now on another day it could have ended up in row  Z ut that's what you get with defenders
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 12:17pm
What’s rubbish about it?
We mock the english for hyping players up and I clicked on that thread yesterday to see comparisons with Franco Baresi and a call for him to be in team of the season 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What’s rubbish about it?
We mock the english for hyping players up and I clicked on that thread yesterday to see comparisons with Franco Baresi and a call for him to be in team of the season 
Why is it funny that John Egan would be a contender? 

I just wouldn't have had him as one, plenty of players ahead of him. Its a big over reaction to a goal yesterday.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 1:45pm
Some hit, a perfect strike. If it was Messi or Aguero it would be a goal of the month contender. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

What’s rubbish about it?
Why is it funny that John Egan would be a contender? 

I just wouldn't have had him as one, plenty of players ahead of him. Its a big over reaction to a goal yesterday.

I hadn't really considered it up to now - but really when you think about it there actually probably isn't that many players ahead of him. And that's testament to both how well he has done as the key anchor in one of the division's best defences and also how poor a lot of the centre halves in the league have been this season. Like straight away I would have him ahead of anyone from the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

The two best centre backs this season have probably been van Dijk (even tho a little below his usual levels still a beast) and Soyuncu. Outside that those two Egan would be right up there imo.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 2:34pm
Egan has long been touted for the PFA team of the season by a few pundits in England. He has handled himself extremely well in a water tight defence (despite being a bit leaky since the restart). He won't be selected as he doesn't play for 1 of the fancied bigger teams. Don't be surprised to see Maguire picked alongside Van Djik.

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 06 Jul 2020 at 2:35pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Egan has long been touted for the PFA team of the season by a few pundits in England. He has handled himself extremely well in a water tight defence (despite being a bit leaky since the restart). He won't be selected as he doesn't play for 1 of the fancied bigger teams. Don't be surprised to see Maguire picked alongside Van Djik.

what pundits? 
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Some hit, a perfect strike. If it was Messi or Aguero it would be a goal of the month contender. 
It was a sitter. He kicked it from the six yard line.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 2:46pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

what pundits? 

Phil Thompson & Paul Merson have both mentioned him in the reckoning. He's been class all season and will form a nice partnership with Duffy going forward
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:06pm

What’s rubbish about it?

For the record, I was saying that he reminded me of Franco Baresi, not that he is as good as Franco Baresi. Please dry your panties
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:08pm

Phil Thompson & Paul Merson have both mentioned him in the reckoning. He's been class all season and will form a nice partnership with Duffy going forward

Not sure about that.
He has nice ball-playing CH's beside him (and two of em) in SU but with just Duffy in our centre, they may well both be exposed more readily, especially if we start trying to play it out from the back, which I think we will.
Duffy has been immense for us and his threat from set-pieces at the other end is clear, but if we are looking to play more ground-ball, he may find himself out of the team in a year or two, assuming one of the young CH's coming through actually comes through.

AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

what pundits? 

There was a few articles on him this week before he scored the goal so while people may be over reacting I don't think it is because he scored a goal. VDK is obviously a class apart but in the EPL on any given day he is up there (not necessarily a head of) with the rest.

Most CB's have weak areas and tend to get exposed when a new manager changes the formation. Is JE just suited to SU formation or can he excel in different set ups? He is a guy that has continuously made the step up when he had to so don't bet against him.
It's not me it's you:-)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:24pm

It most certainly would not.
It was from the edge of the 6 yard box for goodness sake.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:29pm

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:30pm
I'd probably have the following ahead of Egan this season in PFA team of the year selections

Van Dijk, Evans, Soyuncu, Coady, Tarkowski, Ruediger, i'd possibly even say Jack O'Connell has had a better season.

Maguire and Mings will be mentioned too but I think they're over rated

Egan has had a good opening season in the league all the same.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:39pm
He'll be a Champions League, World Cup & Premier League winner in the next 10 years.

Egan > Baresi
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:43pm

I'd probably have the following ahead of Egan this season in PFA team of the year selections

Van Dijk, Evans, Soyuncu, Coady, Tarkowski, Ruediger, i'd possibly even say Jack O'Connell has had a better season.

Maguire and Mings will be mentioned too but I think they're over rated

Egan has had a good opening season in the league all the same.

Soyuncu is average! Positioning he is terrible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 48>
  Share Topic