You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 48>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 4:34pm
And they were playing so well this second half too. Hard to see Forest losing this play off semi final.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 4:40pm
Makes a goal saving block after that to just about keep the tie alive but it will be a huge ask from here with the second leg away at Forest. Need to get at least one goal back in this leg I think.

Edited by You Tell Me - 14 May 2022 at 4:42pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 7:43pm
Starts tonight with Hourihane on the bench. Hard to see them winning tonight. Forest should have been out of sight in the first half last week and being at home the crowd should have the Forest players well up for it tonight and can see them scoring first again.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 8:41pm
I hope it's not just loyalty keeping him at the Blades. He is so capable of premier league football. Wish he'd make a move.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 9:04pm
Unless they're stuck for cash any club that wanted him would have to pay over and above to get him. With O'Connell out injured he's their best defender and still has two years left on his contract.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 9:41pm
Fair f**ks to Sheffield United taking it to extra time when 3-1 down at half time. Thought they'd push on and win it the way things were going in that second half.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 10:37pm
Another year in the Championship for Egan unless he can get a move. Hourihane with a terrible penalty in the shootout as well.

Disappointing year in terms of promotion from the Championship from an Irish point of view with Fulham and whichever of Forest or Huddersfield go up having no Irish first team players.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 10:37pm
Heartbreak for Sheffield United losing like that on penalties.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Another year in the Championship for Egan unless he can get a move. Hourihane with a terrible penalty in the shootout as well.

Disappointing year in terms of promotion from the Championship from an Irish point of view with Fulham and whichever of Forest or Huddersfield go up having no Irish first team players.

Some of the best players in the world are hitting it straight down the middle. If the keeper dives he is not saving it. Its always a risk and you look more silly when it doesn't pay off and keeper stays straight. It's a risk he took versus being a terrible penalty 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 11:36pm
It was more the short run up that annoyed me about it than the hitting it down the middle. I think that was what convinced Samba to hold his position because he dived early for the others. Maybe just a personal thing but I hate a short run up to a penalty.

Edited by You Tell Me - 17 May 2022 at 11:37pm
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 11:52pm

It was more the short run up that annoyed me about it than the hitting it down the middle. I think that was what convinced Samba to hold his position because he dived early for the others. Maybe just a personal thing but I hate a short run up to a penalty.

Nothing worse than a short run.

The conversion rate of short runs must be worse overall.

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 4:18am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I hope it's not just loyalty keeping him at the Blades. He is so capable of premier league football. Wish he'd make a move.

+1. really a shame objectively, hes more than capable of playing in the premier league. wonder if some of the past teams rumored to have interest (everton springs to mind, and im saying if they stay up of course) will come in for him
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 7:42am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Nothing worse than a short run.

The conversion rate of short runs must be worse overall.

Turns out Forest had sussed his penalty routine anyway - he usually goes down the middle so the advice to Samba (taped to his water bottle) was not to dive. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 7:41pm
egan is such an underrated player, unreal today 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:26pm
https://twitter.com/CParkerTurner/status/1564972942999666689

Leeds supposedly have interest in John Egan. Couldn't see Sheffield United selling Egan, especially this late in the window.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:39pm
Can't believe a EPL team haven't signed him.

If footballers were cars, Collins would be an Audi R8, omobamidele would be a Mercedes AMG GT.

Egan would be a volvo 440, reliable, good millage and excellent value on the road...
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 8:23pm
Doesn't help that Ciaran Clark is injured.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 9:51pm
Sheffield Utd will want a Kings Ransom for him no doubt but Egan should be playing in one of the elite Leagues. Simply too good for Championship level.

Sheffield Utd will be a short price to go up this year mind. Leeds have had issues with CBs as well Llorente completely amiss for the goal last night. He might just be the type they need. Playing in a back 4 potentially an issue at Leeds for him even though I think he has the ability to do it.

Edited by kevin100 - 31 Aug 2022 at 9:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 48>
  Share Topic