Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 48>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:58pm
Grow up 
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I'd probably have the following ahead of Egan this season in PFA team of the year selections

Van Dijk, Evans, Soyuncu, Coady, Tarkowski, Ruediger, i'd possibly even say Jack O'Connell has had a better season.

Maguire and Mings will be mentioned too but I think they're over rated

Egan has had a good opening season in the league all the same.

Don't get the love in with Tarkowski, defensively he looked like the "junior partner", so to speak, beside Long yesterday; and Long isn't exactly a world beater... 
Egan has been a big part of a massively overachieving Sheff Utd side, so he deserves to be in the mix up for TOTY, but I wouldn't say he quite deserves to actually be selected.
We're decent enough..
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 7:40pm
He's not even the best Centre Half at Sheffield United.
I'd have Van Dijk, Maguire, Soyuncu, Boly, Tarkowski, Rudiger, Zouma,O'Connell,Dunk,Gomez,Evans,Vertonghen and Schar ahead of him so 14th best in the Premier league, which is certainly good enough for us.
 I'd kill to have the 14th best midfield in the league playing for us instead of the 78th best or whatever we've got.
Tarkowski pretty much always looks Burnley's best player to me.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

He's not even the best Centre Half at Sheffield United.
I'd have Van Dijk, Maguire, Soyuncu, Boly, Tarkowski, Rudiger, Zouma,O'Connell,Dunk,Gomez,Evans,Vertonghen and Schar ahead of him so 14th best in the Premier league, which is certainly good enough for us.
 I'd kill to have the 14th best midfield in the league playing for us instead of the 78th best or whatever we've got.
Tarkowski pretty much always looks Burnley's best player to me.

Schar hasn't even been a nailed on starter for Newcastle. Egan's certainly had a better season than him.
We're decent enough..
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:34am
Strange list alright - very much based on past rather than current form. Schar was class last season alright but not so much this season - and Vertonghen hasn't played much either. Surprised at the mentions Rudiger has been getting - he's looked way off his usual level for most the season. It's all subjective of course but there's surely a case for Egan to be ahead of a good few names there purely going off this season's performances and not reputation.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:05am
Gary Cahill deserves a shout too 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Egan has long been touted for the PFA team of the season by a few pundits in England. He has handled himself extremely well in a water tight defence (despite being a bit leaky since the restart). He won't be selected as he doesn't play for 1 of the fancied bigger teams. Don't be surprised to see Maguire picked alongside Van Djik.

what pundits? 

Phil Thompson & Paul Merson have both mentioned him in the reckoning. He's been class all season and will form a nice partnership with Duffy going forward

same two gobsh*tes who said KDB was a waste of 50m for Man City when he signed. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:30am

Egan has long been touted for the PFA team of the season by a few pundits in England. He has handled himself extremely well in a water tight defence (despite being a bit leaky since the restart). He won't be selected as he doesn't play for 1 of the fancied bigger teams. Don't be surprised to see Maguire picked alongside Van Djik.

what pundits? 

Phil Thompson & Paul Merson have both mentioned him in the reckoning. He's been class all season and will form a nice partnership with Duffy going forward

A lot of people would have said the same at the time. Like Salah and Lukaku, he was an abject failure at Chelsea. It only later became apparent that that was down to the man managing them rather than their own ability.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:41am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

what pundits? 

A lot of people would have said the same at the time. Like Salah and Lukaku, he was an abject failure at Chelsea. It only later became apparent that that was down to the man managing them rather than their own ability.

Not too sure about that. Anyone that seen him at the 2014 WC especially in the USA match would've been highly impressed. He was excellent. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 10:59pm
He’s not even the best CB at Sheffield Utd?? Would dispute that strongly he’s the one that can make it all happen I know they were down to 10 men but you saw against Newcastle when he got sent off and against Man Utd how important he is to them leadership wise. Although no doubt O’Connell is quality too Egan Henderson and O’Connell are by a distance there 3 best players to my mind don’t get the hype about Fleck or even Stevens isn’t as good as being made out. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:54pm
Yes please Mr Egan. Good goal again 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:55pm
Great header from him.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:56pm
The winner from John.

Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:56pm
Super header! 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 8:00pm
Terrific! He's having a great season.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 8:01pm
Last 2 games for Sheffield United have been 1-0 wins with Egan scoring both.

Thats a massive 6 premier league points he's helped earn for the team.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 8:05pm
they didn’t win the game at the weekend 
AKA pedantic kunt
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 8:09pm
Franco
Baresi
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 48>
  Share Topic