Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 48>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 8:47am
SU are in a much better position, their survival is more or less guaranteed, their also close to securing a EL spot too.

This will allow the club to financially reward players like Egan, no doubt there will be a lot of clauses involved in case the club get relegated etc...

If the club DON'T reward the players - they'll all leave for more money anyway.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 3:53pm
We seem to have a wealth of centre halves coming through. With Duffy, Egan, O'Dea and Collins we are covered for quite a few years. You would have to say with Seamus,Doherty and O'Connor we are covered there too for 5-10. It such a huge shame Stevens is pushing on as he is one of the best left backs in the PL this year. and we tend to struggle for lefties. 

On Egan I think he should take a bump at SU and it will def come as to sign anyone his level they will have to pay them anyway. Ireland does not seem to be on the best terms with Everton either haha
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

We seem to have a wealth of centre halves coming through. With Duffy, Egan, O'Dea and Collins we are covered for quite a few years. You would have to say with Seamus,Doherty and O'Connor we are covered there too for 5-10. It such a huge shame Stevens is pushing on as he is one of the best left backs in the PL this year. and we tend to struggle for lefties. 

On Egan I think he should take a bump at SU and it will def come as to sign anyone his level they will have to pay them anyway. Ireland does not seem to be on the best terms with Everton either haha

Problem is people were saying the same things about Masterson and Nolan. Need to see the young players like Collins play consistently before getting too excited. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 7:00pm
Nolan and Masterson could still come good.

Stevens and Egan were nowhere near the ireland team a couple of years ago and now they are probably two of our best players 

Edited by Left foot - 25 Dec 2019 at 7:01pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 8:54pm
Speculation that Everton will offer £9m for Egan in the January window.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 9:19pm
Nathan Collins even now is streets ahead of Masterson who is going backwards.
I never rated him but do rate Nathan big time and his big plus is he is grounded and his family will always steer him in the right direction.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 11:56pm
Explain to me how exactly Masterson is "going backwards"? He may not have made his club breakthrough yet, but that isn't the same thing as regression. For our U-21's he's actually been very impressive. Kenny clearly rates him too so I'd say things are looking ok for him.
We're decent enough..
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 12:05am
I hope you are right but I have never been impressed by his defending. Good on the ball but tackling wise seriously suspect.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 12:09am
He was a very highly rated player coming through of who big things were expected and yet at the age of 21 and a quarter , having been cast off by one club already, he has yet to play a single minute of first team football, even in a league cup game ,and his current manager at a mediocre championship club  seems to go out of his way to avoid picking him even when run out of other options. I'd call that going backward by pretty much anybody's definition other than perhaps yours.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 12:32am
"Cast aside" by the current best club side in the world? Oh, what an indictment LOL Jesus, you really do come out with some humdingers.
We're decent enough..
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Problem is people were saying the same things about Masterson and Nolan. Need to see the young players like Collins play consistently before getting too excited. 

In fairness Collins and O Dea are on a completely different trajectory to the other two. Bilic said he didnt add another defender because he thinks he is class and UTD are after Collins and he has played quite a bit for Stoke and got the captains armband.. I dont have any doubt those two are headed for top level football. I hold out hope for Masterson but i think he needs a year or two to develop physically first and I think he will bloom slightly later into a quality ball playing centre half. Most centre halves do need an extra few years anyway to pick up that little bit of guile you need at senior level compared to 23's
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:09pm
A lot of our backline developed at ages later than what Masterson is at now. QPR may not work out but it may elsewhere.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:10pm

In fairness Collins and O Dea are on a completely different trajectory to the other two. Bilic said he didnt add another defender because he thinks he is class and UTD are after Collins and he has played quite a bit for Stoke and got the captains armband.. I dont have any doubt those two are headed for top level football. I hold out hope for Masterson but i think he needs a year or two to develop physically first and I think he will bloom slightly later into a quality ball playing centre half. Most centre halves do need an extra few years anyway to pick up that little bit of guile you need at senior level compared to 23's

O'Dea?
We're decent enough..
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:30pm
When did a player ever develop to international standard though not having played a minute of first team football having come through the ranks like Masterson has, even in a meaningless league cup game? I wouldn't completely write him off as he showed he had talent but if he did make it now it would totally defy all precedents.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

O'Dea?
Haha O Shea. Always mixing them up. Where is a Dea now actually? The US?

Edited by Nialler - 27 Dec 2019 at 3:37pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:59pm
Retired.
We're decent enough..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 4:01pm
U18 coach at Celtic
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 7:21pm
Probably irelands three best players so far this season in Egan, Stevens and mcgoldrick start again today.

Robinson seems to be overlooked recently for united, will hopefully get more game time this half of the season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 48>
  Share Topic