You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 48>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 8:18pm
John has unfortunately lost his place in the Brentford side since they have changed from a back 5 to a back 4.
Sponsored Links

LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

John has unfortunately lost his place in the Brentford side since they have changed from a back 5 to a back 4.
He got injured in the FA Cup match vs Chelsea then they beat Villa 3-0 without him.  They've conceded 7 in their last 2 games since, so it might not be too long before he gets back in.

Edited by LHurlz - 12 Feb 2017 at 8:21pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

He got injured in the FA Cup match vs Chelsea then they beat Villa 3-0 without him.  They've conceded 7 in their last 2 games since, so it might not be too long before he gets back in.
        This.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 8:22pm
Puts Brentford 1 up against Sheffield Wednesday in his first start after being dropped
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 6:40am
JE has a fine goal scoring record for a centre half.
Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 7:28pm
Delighted to see John make the provisional squad for the Wales game.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 8:37pm
I'd say he's behind Boyle in the pecking order given that Boyle played at a higher level then him last year. The 2 of them should be miles ahead of Pearce and McShane
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I'd say he's behind Boyle in the pecking order given that Boyle played at a higher level then him last year. The 2 of them should be miles ahead of Pearce and McShane
Pearce has been excellent at times this season and has been in the squad more recently, I would imagine he is ahead of the other 2, especially as Boyle has only broken into the PNE team.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 11:38pm
Pearce has been Derby captain since keough has been injured, and previously redding captain. Why would Boyle who played league of Ireland, few europa league games and 1 and a half championship games be ahead of him? Not saying Boyle is bad just unproven as of yet
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 1:04pm
Was at the Brentford game on Saturday. Egan is a big unit, not fast at all but looks like he has good positional knowledge so that counters the lack of pace. Would be good to see how he handles himself at international level, hopefully he gets to make his debut against Iceland on the 28th or Mexico in June
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:31pm
Back on the bench for Brentford's game vs Burton today.
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 6:36am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:44am
Quality stuff from MON at the hospital after John's leg break.
Clap 

www.independent.ie/.../egan-takes-road-less-travelled-by-sons-of-gaa-stars- 35550138.html

Edited by Double Maxim - 23 Mar 2017 at 6:49am
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:57am
When reading that, it struck me that a large proportion of the squad have played with, and/or for, MON and Roy outside of the current set-up.

Westwood, O'Shea, Egan, Brady (would have been at United same time as Keane?), Meyler, McClean, McGeady, Walters and Murphy.

Am I right with the above? Are there more?
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 10:27am
I wrote this around the time O'Neill took over, has a list of the current Irish players to feature under both in their club managerial careers: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog?id=9001052767235516679

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 10:32am
Keano also signed Conor Hourihane for Sunderland and Ipswich.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

When reading that, it struck me that a large proportion of the squad have played with, and/or for, MON and Roy outside of the current set-up.

Westwood, O'Shea, Egan, Brady (would have been at United same time as Keane?), Meyler, McClean, McGeady, Walters and Murphy.

Am I right with the above? Are there more?

Not even close.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:48pm
Yeah, I was thinking that was a push alright. 3 years in the difference!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 48>
  Share Topic