You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Night thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 4:43am
I'm still doing that kind of bollocks of a shift at weekends now. Thankfully, it's only the odd weekend nights shift though!! It's some kick in the ghoolies though when you are heading into work to do friday-sunday night shifts and all your pals are heading on the tear for the weekend. It's fierce depressing on the nice summers evenings when this happens Cry

Sham, a lot of lads in my place are the same, don't seem to mind them at all. I can't stand them because they f**k you up for days afterwards I find, especially if you are trying to play sports. I guess we all gotta bring home the bacon somehow!!
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 4:44am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

When I first moved to Dublin, my first job had a 14 hour night shift. that was tremendous fun

Dead Dead Dead I shudder to think!
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 4:54am
Lads, when you are on night shifts, and you look around and all you see are walking zombies working alongside you - do you ever stop and think, what did i do to deserve this? Is this my penance for something sinister I've done!! There just has to better ways to live than doing nights Cry Cry

Anybody got any decent day jobs going - I'm highly skilled at pushing buttons and taking long breaks. Any takers?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 6:01am
Most in our place are at shift work for years so they're well used to it. Anyway, I'm in my pit now. Laters gents
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 6:37am
Just finished 4 12 hour nightshifts wed morning. In bed til 3 yesterday. Went gym last night and couldn't sleep. Up all f**kin night and I'm starting 3 day shifts Now ,thur fri sat. I'll be f**ked until Sunday
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 7:46pm
Had a woeful sleep today, woke up every hour or so. Shattered now. School run in the morning too but looking like I might escape tonight around midnight (fingers crossed).

Thats a fecker of a roster there Daboi, no recovery at all from nights 
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 5:59am
Out last night after the 3 day shifts. In bed til 5 today and been in the cot 4 hours now passing time on the world wide Web. Will sleep all day today and be up all tomorrow night. Starting 4 nightshifts Tuesday

Shiftwork
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 6:52am
Back to the norm for me now. Won't be volunteering to help out again. Was fooked all weekend from a couple of night shifts
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:12am
Checking In
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:14am
Insomnia
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Insomnia

Nightshifts
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:24am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Insomnia

Nightshifts

What ya working at?
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:48am

Insomnia

Nightshifts

What ya working at?

burglar
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 3:04am
Checking in.
In the horrors from the weekend.
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 3:05am
Good evening gentleman, my woeful sleeping pattern has me up til now LOL
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 3:18am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Checking in.
In the horrors from the weekend.

was in them last night. but doesnt bother me as i stayed in bed all day today as ive nightshifts at work the rest of the week

that beer is a waste of time at times . the summer was cat.. 3.30 am and it was bright
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 3:41am

Insomnia

Nightshifts

What ya working at?

burglar

Told ya you were a Dub
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 3:45am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117>
  Share Topic