You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 306>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Dressing it up? It's a description of what happened LOL

You're making out that it more of a good save rather than a chance that should've been scored because he's an Irish player.  

I said it was a great save because it was a great save. If you're looking for the real sitter missed, it was Armstrong on the follow up.
It was embarrassing from Armstrong.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:13pm
He's incredibly unlucky LOL Header blocked off the line after a great bit of play, but Armstrong makes no mistake on the follow up this time.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:22pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Dressing it up? It's a description of what happened LOL

You're making out that it more of a good save rather than a chance that should've been scored because he's an Irish player.  

I said it was a great save because it was a great save. If you're looking for the real sitter missed, it was Armstrong on the follow up.

And if Long missed the follow up you'd be deflecting the blame towards the non-Irish player for not scoring at such close range. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:42pm
And if he'd missed the follow you'd slaughter him and not even mention the original miss; so what's your point?
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:43pm

He's incredibly unlucky LOL Header blocked off the line after a great bit of play, but Armstrong makes no mistake on the follow up this time.

He was desperately unlucky on that one. Cry

Still applauded his teammate who scored immediately after he was sickened it didn't go in. Great to seeClap 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:52pm

And if he'd missed the follow you'd slaughter him and not even mention the original miss; so what's your point?

I don't have any negative agenda towards any of our national team players or managers. You seem reluctant to criticise Irish players on here and tend to overrate them imo. 

He just isn't a natural scorer and it's a natural scorer an average side like ours needs as we'll never create a huge amount of chances in games. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:17pm
I'm negative towards any amount of them. And I've been fairly emphatic in agreeing that he's not a natural goalscorer, that's never been in dispute. Even when he had his best season with Southampton, I cautioned against the thinking that he'd suddenly become a better finisher. However, none of that changes the fact that i) It was an outstanding save; and ii) He was very unlucky not to score considering he got such a clean contact on the ball. Ironically, if he'd scuffed it it probably would have went in in this case.
We're decent enough..
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:59am
I'd agree with The O'Shea on this one to be honest. Normally when you hit it that sweetly from such close range it goes in anyway - whether at the keeper or not. Of course he should have scored but he got very unlucky. You so often see shots like that bounce in off some part of the keeper.

Overall thought he played well anyway although appeared to pick up an injury of some description. Hopefully minor enough.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:30pm
Playing. Really well for 25 minutes a havoc for Spurs....it appears twisted his ankle
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:32pm
off injured
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:36pm
Played really well in his 25 m cameo. and now Soton got the equalizer.....got kicked by donkey verthongen...it appears a twisted ankle
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:00pm
Hope he’s back for Georgia 
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 12:24pm
I think vertonghen has it in for shane , he nearly took his head of in euro 2016 with a high boot
then vertonghen nearly takes someone else head off on Saturday, he is a donkey
Come on Irelind
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:22pm

nice finish, delighted for him

mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:23pm
break out the red panties....

Edited by mully_85 - 05 Apr 2019 at 8:23pm
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:25pm
Video of the goal:http://streamja.com/wmOb
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:25pm
Didnt see the goal yet but thats great news. Still has a huge part to play for us.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

Video of the goal:http://streamja.com/wmOb
Thumbs Up
Lovely finish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 306>
  Share Topic