Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 306>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I'd say Puel is gone so Long should stay put, unless he's told to f off by the manager 
He'll be behind Gabbi, Austin and probably JRod if he sticks about

New manager, new ideas, everyone will be assesed and some players will be sold, although he could be one of them
I doubt he will want to leave as his wage will drop, he does have an agent who likes to keep busy though.
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:58pm
broken metatarsal. Will miss the game. 

We're plagued with injuries in this campaign.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Really, where has this been confirmed. I knew he was injured but didnt know to what extent.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Really, where has this been confirmed. I knew he was injured but didnt know to what extent.
My bad, just seeing this on rte news.Thumbs Up.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:56pm

We are but we took 4 points of Germany without Coleman in both games and got a draw with Wales when we were missing at least 3 starting players. We generally seem to do well in adversity.

Long is as much a loss to us as Arnautovic is to them so it's going to be more balanced. At least it means Walters is up front which is his best position anyway.

What's your prediction?

I think this'll be a draw as Austria know it's do or die and I can't see them leaving Dublin without at least a draw.

The group really is that tight and I'm glad O'Neill made the point that just because you're at home doesn't mean it's 3 points.Serbia, us, Wales and Austria have all dropped points at home so this could be a stalemate.

If we fail to beat Austria, then it would be a serious result for us if Wales escaped out of Belgrade with a draw
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:25pm
True. The SQUAD players that have come in haven't let us down. Still confident we'll win this one.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

We are but we took 4 points of Germany without Coleman in both games and got a draw with Wales when we were missing at least 3 starting players. We generally seem to do well in adversity.

Long is as much a loss to us as Arnautovic is to them so it's going to be more balanced. At least it means Walters is up front which is his best position anyway.

What's your prediction?

I think this'll be a draw as Austria know it's do or die and I can't see them leaving Dublin without at least a draw.

The group really is that tight and I'm glad O'Neill made the point that just because you're at home doesn't mean it's 3 points.Serbia, us, Wales and Austria have all dropped points at home so this could be a stalemate.

If we fail to beat Austria, then it would be a serious result for us if Wales escaped out of Belgrade with a draw

I do enjoy when you ask me for my prediction, as if my opinion carries any weight LOL

Happy to answer you tho muff Thumbs Up

In my opinion, we are playing against a lame duck side, who haven't played well in at least a year, who were poor when we played them in Vienna, and who are shorn of probably their main attacking player, while their star player is struggling for the form that made him such a threat in the past. 

All that said, we are average. We (the fans) know the shortcomings at this stage. We will make hard work of this game. However, if we can produce a bit of quality in the game, we have enough to beat these. We beat them in Vienna through one moment of quality, and some good defending, and a little bit of luck.

We're at home this time, that should infer an advantage to us. Our players will be motivated by the manager to go out and get the win. Hopefully that will get them at it. We haven't been great at home in this campaign. 

Overall, I think Austria are weak and not in a great place but they still have the players to win this game. It will be close. I think 2-1 to us or 1-1.

Leaning ever so hesitantly towards the former. 

I disagree with you on your last point. If we draw with this Austria team, we'll not win any group. Simple as. And in that scenario, I'd then like to see Serbia beat Wales, to strengthen our hold on the play-off spot. Welsh fans are hoping for us to slip up against Austria, and them to leave Belgrade unscathed. Two draws on the 11th is better for them. 

We have then to go to Georgia, and play Serbia at home, and Wales away. If we can't beat that Austria team (minus Aroutovic remember) then we won't be beating Serbia. 

Whereas, beat Austria, and I'll be hoping Wales pick up a point. We are then just a few (not unrealistic) results away from qualifying for a world cup with a game to spare. 

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:41pm
Depressing news as if our striking options weren't limited already.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:54pm
Has he been 100% ruled out ?
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:53pm
Broken metatarsal, so yes.
We're decent enough..
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:40pm
Had some false hope he could still make it,just checked ,recovery time from a broken metatarsal is 6-8 weeks Ermm
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 5:32am

SkyBet have made West Ham 7/2 favorites to sign Shane Long.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

SkyBet have made West Ham 7/2 favorites to sign Shane Long.

Huuuummmm this may come as some what a shock to most but real talk about Shane going to Burnley . Trust me watch this space .........................
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:31pm
Being linked with Burnley as a replacement for Andre Gray.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Being linked with Burnley as a replacement for Andre Gray.

Might as well rebrand the club if another Irish player ends up there
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:40pm
Looks like Dyche is trying to put himself into the picture for the Ireland job when it becomes vacant LOL
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Looks like Dyche is trying to put himself into the picture for the Ireland job when it becomes vacant LOL

Ha if he gets only he'll be pretty much doing it
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 1:05pm

Shane must have made a fortune from transfers so far. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 306>
  Share Topic