You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anto Flood goes Swedish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anto Flood goes Swedish
    Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 8:23am
Anto Flood has signed for Örebro in Sweden on a short-term contract.

He's been bought in to replace a Danish striker who is moving home for family reasons, and he'll have his work cut out for him.
Sponsored Links

Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 9:06am
Dawgs gonna get laid

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

Dawgs gonna get laid

LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 11:00am
We all wish Anto 'the syringe' Flood the very best in his new team
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:29am
Yer no ill feelings for him since he left United or pushed which ever way you look at it I wish him well .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 3:15pm

Best of luck anto, pity the sweedish wont understand you when your constantly moaning at your strike partner during a game.

2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Best of luck anto, pity the sweedish wont understand you when your constantly moaning at your strike partner during a game.

LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jokerman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:32am

IRISH striker Anto Flood hopes he gets the chance to play in the Europa League with his Swedish club next season after helping them qualify for Europe.

Flood has been with Swedish top-flight side Orebro since he quit Galway United in the summer, and although injury has prevented him from playing in recent weeks, he did play a part in a successful season which saw them guaranteed a top-three finish and a place in the Europa League, as the Swedish season finishes next weekend.

Flood, 25, is out of contract but is due to find out later this week if Orebro want to offer him a new deal, and the striker is eager to stay if the contract is right.

"The move has been brilliant for me, the only downside was the injury but everything else was great and the club qualifying for Europe was a bonus," Flood says.

"The standard of play, the training facilities, the attendances -- everything out here is top class -- and it would be great to be part of that again next season. I am due to meet the club today and they will then tell me if they have a new contract for me, if the terms are ok I'd be happy to sign as Sweden is a great place to play football.

"If they don't offer me a new deal or if the terms aren't right for me then I'll have to move on but I have other options, my agent has had a bit of interest in me from other clubs and there is one offer on the table from a club in League One in England so I'll look at that if needs be, but if I could stay in Sweden it'd be great.

"We have had a great season here. Malmo and Helsingborg are going for the league, they're in the top two but we are third and are guaranteed to finish third when the season ends, so that will get us into the Europa League and that's something I would love to do," added Flood.

Dubliner Flood began his senior career with St Pats in 2005 and later played for Athlone Town, Dundalk and Shelbourne before joining Galway United. He scored nine goals for Galway in a lethal partnership with Karl Sheppard but by mid-season Galway were forced to make cutbacks and Flood was allowed to move to Orebro on a free transfer.

"They will want to make a decision on the players' future very soon as we have three weeks off but then the players are back for pre-season training at the end of November," he says.

Jokerman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 11:35am
Unattached. Where to now?
PaddyBurke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBurke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Jokerman Jokerman wrote:

Unattached. Where to now?
Turners Cross
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 2:48pm
He'll be lucky to get a LSL club to take him on
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 4:28pm
Id happily take him back at Galway, worked well with Shepp at TIMES.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Why??

I'd love to see him at Galway next season. Very good striker and physical presence. Can be a moany gobsh*te but I'd live with it. Socred some crackers last year.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Why so harsh?

Frustrating at times to watch to say the least, especially his finishing, but he can do a job up front as he's an awkward lanky ballox. I would have thought he'd make it at a lower Premier side no problem.

Jokerman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 9:32am

Irish striker Anto Flood is considering his options as the Dubliner has offers from clubs in four countries.

Flood joined Swedish top-flight side Orebro last summer from Galway United and he made an initial impression with the club, helping them qualify for European football for next season, though his progress was hampered by injury.

Deal

The former Shelbourne and St Pats man is out of contract with Orebro but they have offered him a new one-year deal, though a rival Swedish club has come in with the offer of a two-year contract.

There is interest in the player from England as League One sides Tranmere Rovers and MK Dons have invited him for a trial next month when he has fully recovered from a calf injury, while a club in Cyprus, and two League of Ireland outfits, are also on his trail.

Edited by Jokerman - 21 Dec 2010 at 9:32am
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Jokerman Jokerman wrote:

The former Shelbourne and St Pats man is out of contract with Orebro but they have offered him a new one-year deal, though a rival Swedish club has come in with the offer of a two-year contract.

Orebro would sooner put a contract out on him than offer him a new oneWink
Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 7:02am
was he up to mischief in Sweden Soccerc?
"Just put it up there..."
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Row Z Row Z wrote:

was he up to mischief in Sweden Soccerc?

DunnoWink, it was just the phrase my Orebro source used.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic