Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glenn Whelan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 159>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

For the 45 mins he played last night, it was a typical Whelan performance. Few sideways passes and contributed nothing of any significance. If he cant get a start for a horrendous Hearts team, yet walks into the national team, its a sad indictment of our situation.

It's probably the only game he didn't start, and he did come on at half time.

It looks as though his performances dipped and the new manager pulled him up on it (and others too) and he's trying to make a point.

It appears that the Hearts fans have been happy with him, and thought he was excellent at the start of the season (from when I checked previously).

He has also been one of our better performers this campaign.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 10:21am
don’t upset the usual suspects.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 12:47pm
Whelan not in the squad for Hearts today, not even on the bench.

No news of an injury but forum suggest that manager doesnt like his attitude and that he has played his last game for hearts (apparently this was said on bbc sport sound.)

His form has been really poor of late and this is all hearsay at the moment.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Whelan not in the squad for Hearts today, not even on the bench.

No news of an injury but forum suggest that manager doesnt like his attitude and that he has played his last game for hearts (apparently this was said on bbc sport sound.)

His form has been really poor of late and this is all hearsay at the moment.

I would imagine that their new manager just wants to change things up and maybe thinks Glenn is getting on a bit. I would have thought Glenn has a great attitude though. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 1:22pm
Glenn could literally have the worst few months in the history of professional football, as long as he hasn't retired Mick will be starting him against Slovakia.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Glenn could literally have the worst few months in the history of professional football, as long as he hasn't retired Mick will be starting him against Slovakia.

I cant say that that fills me with a lot of confidence in a manager.

"Hearts boss Daniel Stendel confirms that Glenn Whelan is simply dropped from the squad today."

If the hearts manager is looking to rebuild, it's still strange that Whelan is not on the bench.

It would look like whelans days are numbered at Hearts.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 1:45pm
stendahls changes haven’t worked out to well. I usually check the main Hearts forums for your quotes but I stopped checking.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

stendahls changes haven’t worked out to well. I usually check the main Hearts forums for your quotes but I stopped checking.

Sorry the quote is on the bbc live reporting feed for the hearts game (on the 3rd page)

Edited by Left foot - 26 Dec 2019 at 1:49pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 1:53pm

And if we qualify he’ll start every game in the euros even if he didn’t play another game for Hearts this season 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

And if we qualify he’ll start every game in the euros even if he didn’t play another game for Hearts this season 

Related image

''Kevin de Bruyne has declared for EIRE?  Well he won't be played in front of Glenn Whelan, that's for sure.''

Edited by Trap junior - 26 Dec 2019 at 1:59pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Highly doubt it to be honest.

If McCarthy bothers his arse to turn up he take that position.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 3:05pm
Why would you doubt it, it fits entirely with the overall narrative of Irish football for the last decade. Our managers repearedly go back to the same wells long after they've dried up. If you're one of the "tried and tested" bunch, the only way you'll ever be removed from the equation is if you retire yourself.
We're decent enough..
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 3:18pm
James McCarthy, who is the main alternative,  is very much tried and tested too and has looked consistently inadequate, a lot more so than Whelan , add that to his physical fragility and his unwillingness to bother turning up with Ireland he hardly looks a more promising option.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 3:19pm
He's been one of the better and consistent players for Ireland, probably why he gets picked by so many managers for club and country.

If he doesn't play for Hearts again, and McCarthy makes himself available. McCarthy will play.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 4:46pm
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186543-whelan/page/2/

Looks like Whelan only trained twice a week with Hearts (according to forum chat)

I cant see another team picking him up to be honest. Hearts fans have not been impressed with him for a few months now. 
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 11:20am
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 1:30pm
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 4:14pm
He'd want to find a club fairly quick. Mick is a loyal manager but not when you've barely played for 3-months prior to the most important game in Irish football in recent years.

Not to mention James McCarthy is now getting game time at crystal palace..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 159>
  Share Topic