Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glenn Whelan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 159>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:20am
If he was a reserve at Rochdale you would be w**king over him.
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:33am

LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 12:06pm
First half of the post is crazy but there is some logic to the latter half.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Yeah, he hardly ever misplaces a backwards pass (ie the only type of pass he makes). He seems like a decent guy and clearly works hard, but in terms of footballing ability, he's the most negative, cowardly player I have ever seen in an Ireland midfield. The worst thing is that he has normalised his style of play from an Ireland perspective; many now think we actually need players like him, and that they're important to our success. The truth is they only hold us back.
LOLI have seen some amount of wank posted on here over the years (even by myself) but this takes the fckin biscuit EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 1:50pm
Donald Trump just tweeted: ''Glenn Whelan is a total loser''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 2:01pm

LOLFact 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLFact 

To whichever player a gentleman does his w**king over should be of little concern here, let alone a “fact” validation reply.

Happy for you to set up a new w**king thread for this though. 
If he did set up a w**king thread I’d say you’d be all over it LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 10:17pm
Linked with Hearts
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Linked with Hearts

accepting that, rightly or wrongly, mick rates him and is going to keep him involved/utilize him, this wouldn't be the worst move as he'll definitely play regularly
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:58am
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

Linked with Hearts

accepting that, rightly or wrongly, mick rates him and is going to keep him involved/utilize him, this wouldn't be the worst move as he'll definitely play regularly

And as unpopular as that might be who is the obvious choice to play as the defensive midfielder. Personally I think Shaun Williams should get his opportunity but Mick doesn't seem to rate him as he wasn't included in the last squad. But apart from Williams who is better equipped than Whelan to do the defensive donkey work when the likes of Hendrick and Hourihane are in advanced positions. It's easy to ridicule his lack of passing ability but his role in the team is not to pick an eye of the needle pass. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 8:51am
Shame about James McCarthy, as he'd walk into that holding midfield position. Realistically, we have no tried and tested options after Whelan.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:11am

Linked with Hearts

If I were Whelan I'd think carefully about signing for Hearts. 

There is a lot of pressure on Craig Levein right now and many Hearts supporters want him out. It might not be a good idea to sign for a manager who may not be there in a couple of weeks.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:53am
He's probably safe enough signing for Hearts. Their hoof ball approach predates Levein and will continue long after he goes. Also their short and narrow home pitch will suit his slowing body. He's a poor enough player at this stage of his career but should be good enough down at that level of the game. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:03pm
Unfortunately for Glenn his age will play against him. A few bad team performances and he will be an easy sacrifice for the manager.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 2:04pm
Terrible to see some of the posts on here Glenn loves his country made himself available to MICK and for me deserves to be in our team.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Terrible to see some of the posts on here Glenn loves his country made himself available to MICK and for me deserves to be in our team.

Squad maybe. Would much prefer a fit James McCarthy in the deep lying role. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 2:15pm
I'm available and i love Ireland
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 159>
  Share Topic