You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glenn Whelan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 159>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glenn Whelan
    Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 8:56pm
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2010/07/31/Injury-worry-for-Whelan/gnid-73828/ 

Looks like Paul f**kin' Green will be starting against Argentina.
Sponsored Links

The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 9:07pm
what's wrong with green?! he was very good against algeria. this is why mccarthy MUST be called up and o'hara approached! reason's like this...players picking up injuries! established players who are available to us, not martin f***in rowlands!
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Propagandhi View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 9:09pm
Meyler and Clarke could miss the entire season. A. Reid and S. Hunt will miss the start of the season. Whelan and Duffy are doubts. The Irish players are dropping like flies.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 9:11pm
who's clarke? was duffy named in the ireland team against argentina? if whelan is out for the argentina clash, mccarthy should definately be called up. o'hara needs to decide now if he wants to play for us or not. never has a bigger chance been available to him.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 9:13pm
Billy Clarke is a 22 year old Blackpool player. Duffy wasn't named in the squad for the Argentina game but has played behind closed doors in a match for Everton.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 9:16pm
ah right, was wondering. is he any use? haven't seen him unfortunately. for the argentina game, potential central midfielders we have wilson, gibson, green and fahey. i wouldn't mind seeing wilson getting a chance actually. he says central midfield is his preferred role. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 9:17pm
oh and andrews also...my bad haha
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 9:18pm
Billy Clarke will likely never get a call up. I've got to agree there, I think Wilson should partner Andrews in midfield against the Argies.
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 10:22pm
would like to see gibson and fahey given run outs in central midfield along side andrews
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

would like to see gibson and fahey given run outs in central midfield along side andrews
Really would love to see him given the nod against Argentina and then possibly a move away from United.
Out of order
AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 10:46pm
Keith fahey might play
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:56am
One mans injury is another mans opportunity.
Hopefully McCarthy gets a call up.

Would still like to see Gibson get a run in midfield. If not then it will be interesting to see how Green copes against a tougher opposition.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
stiffler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 3:59am
Would love to see Wilson given a run out in this position.

He has scored 2 goals in the last 2 games for portsmouth.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 4:36am

Whelan's injury doesnt seem too serious so not overly concerned. Anyway, we know what Whelan can do and so does Trap (definitely one of the first names on the team sheet) so i would like to see more of Green or Gibbo against the Argies, no harm.

Dont think Trap thinks McCarthy is ready for the central position but would still like to see him get the call.

Re Wilson, is he playing centre mid for Pompey or still centre half does anyone know?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

stiffler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 5:06am
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Re Wilson, is he playing centre mid for Pompey or still centre half does anyone know?

he has been playing centre half in the recent friendlies (captaining them too), though I think he will be moved into midfield sooner rather than later. He is a great passer of the ball and is wasted in defence.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 5:13am
Originally posted by horsebox1977 horsebox1977 wrote:

One mans injury is another mans opportunity.

Liam Lawrence has been playing well in Stoke's midfield in the pre season friendlies.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 8:02am

Tony Pulis played down concerns over Glenn Whelan and Rory Delap after both men picked up knocks against Burnley.

Stoke won their latest pre-season friendly 2-1 but there were injury worries for manager Pulis after Whelan and Delap were taken off in the first half.

Whelan suffered a calf strain and Delap struggled with a tight back, with the extent of the problems set to become clearer in the coming days.

Pulis is nevertheless hopeful that his midfielders will be fine to continue their preparations for the new Premier League campaign, which kicks off away to Wolves on 14th August.

"Glenn's got a bit of a calf strain so we'll have to see how bad that is on Monday," Pulis told Sky Sports News.

"Rory's back locked up a little bit so we're hoping that'll be okay.

"Liam's (Lawrence) back locked up a little bit in the second half and we were close to taking him off, but he ran through it so hopefully they are not too bad."

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 8:05am
What the fcuk is wrong with Green ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 159>
  Share Topic