Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glenn Whelan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 159>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

The 'position of authority' arguement is not one that can really be used in football forum.

Mark Hughes picked Whelan for Stoke and his football credentials are much better than yours, therefore Whelan is....

You could say that pep Guardiola, Alex Ferguson and klopp have better credentials than Hughes and where not interested in Whelan , therefore whelan...

Having an opinion on a spectator sport, even as an armchair supporter is just as valid as anyone else's. You may not agree with it but that's the point of setting up a forum.

I agree with that 100%,

I find it fairly odd that just because someone has a different opinion to someone else's (especially on this thread) the ones who don't rate Whelan too highly get called armchair fans ConfusedLOL

Okay everyone can have an opinion, I get it, but the Whelan banging drum is getting very old and its IN MY OPINION is unfair,

Given how bad Hedrix has been this campaign, how is the bile still being directed at Whelan. If Whelan is limited and a defensive Mid in ma defensive team, what is Hendrix bringing to the party

*Hendrick
*Pirlo
*Iniesta
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 12:56am
Geoff Hendrix

Enda Steven's

Sean McGuire

James McLean

All top talent on show at Landsdown Road
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 7:43pm
Hope his form with Hearts improves before March. 11pts from 14 games is an abysmal return for them.

The Edinburgh news after the rangers game suggested that he failed to get any control of the midfield in the game 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 8:41pm
He was terrible today! 
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 10:08pm

Hope his form with Hearts improves before March. 11pts from 14 games is an abysmal return for them.

The Edinburgh news after the rangers game suggested that he failed to get any control of the midfield in the game 

And  yet he’s been great for us in this campaign and in some ways shut up a few ..mind you it wasn’t hard in our woeful midfield . 
I thought he had been playing well for them in general from what I’ve heard and read though ...
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

And  yet he’s been great for us in this campaign and in some ways shut up a few ..mind you it wasn’t hard in our woeful midfield . 
I thought he had been playing well for them in general from what I’ve heard and read though ...

14 games with only 2 wins, Hearts have only scored more goals than 2 other teams and conceded fewer than 4 other teams I believe. 

Whelan has been in the midfield for pretty much all of that. Makes it hard to see where he is doing well exactly but then the whole team needs to look at itself.

Hopefully he's saving himself for the ireland games but he's not pulling up trees at hearts.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 10:45pm
Playing sh*te in a team that can’t score is the ideal preparation for our game in March.
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:43am
Aah we will score- sure haven’t we a patent pending on 1-1 with fifa
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 6:48pm
If the FAI had been consistently backing 1-1 draws for the past thirty years they would be the richest association in the game.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If the FAI had been consistently backing 1-1 draws for the past thirty years they would be the richest association in the game.

You could probably go a little further,

If opposition score first, Ireland will equalise between the 82nd and 92nd minute from a set piece.

If ireland score first, we will then get dizzy and the opposition will score inside 10 mins of us scoring .

Additionally- the opposition will hit the cross bar/goal post at some point in the game.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:36am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You could probably go a little further,

If opposition score first, Ireland will equalise between the 82nd and 92nd minute from a set piece.

If ireland score first, we will then get dizzy and the opposition will score inside 10 mins of us scoring .

Additionally- the opposition will hit the cross bar/goal post at some point in the game.

LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:05pm
Dropped to the bench for Hearts today, 

Strange decision, I would think most likely precautionary as nursing an injury or something?
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 10:33pm

Strange decision, I would think most likely precautionary as nursing an injury or something?
Very strange,  dropping the playmaker when your trying to get a few wins strung together!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Very strange,  dropping the playmaker when your trying to get a few wins strung together!

Read a good tweets lately and comments from Hearts fans, many felt he started off very well in a Hearts shirt but now suggest he's having f**k all impact and opinions have gone down rapidly of him.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 1:11am
Been openly criticized by the Hearts manager for not taking enough responsibility, fans seem to think Berra and Whelan have been poorer in recent weeks but whelan was better when he came on today.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 7:42am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

LOL
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 9:32am
For the 45 mins he played last night, it was a typical Whelan performance. Few sideways passes and contributed nothing of any significance. If he cant get a start for a horrendous Hearts team, yet walks into the national team, its a sad indictment of our situation.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 9:59am
He maybe wasn't trying last night against Celtic
I'm using the opposite of a hun basta type conspiracy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 159>
  Share Topic