Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neale Fenn: two faced lying scumbag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:54pm
"The Fenn Ruling"  Thumbs%20Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:55pm
If he retired and claimed his sporting tax back, he isnt allowed to sign professional or semi professional forms at any other club unless he pays back the tax figure. He is however, allowed sign as an amateur and possibly be paid under the table
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:56pm
He hasn't claimed anything yet though
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:57pm
where did you hear all this from anyway?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

He hasn't claimed anything yet though

I know yea, Im just saying if he were to claim it he would have to sign as an amateur. If he signs pro forms, he has to wait to retire to get any tax back.
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

where did you hear all this from anyway?

PM
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 4:38am
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 81018.html

SHAMROCK ROVERS are in discussions to sign Neale Fenn just three days after he announced his retirement from football and parted company with Dundalk.

Hoops boss Michael O'Neill was coy about the issue yesterday, but refuted suggestions that his club would be behaving improperly if they signed the veteran striker.

Dundalk released Fenn in good faith, with the 33-year-old citing "personal reasons" before his contract was terminated by mutual consent.

Speaking in a press release from the border club last Thursday, Fenn said: "It's just at a point where I couldn't go on anymore. I want to concentrate on the coaching, but it's been brilliant up here.

"I think once you finish, you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks. At the moment, I can't see myself coming back at all."

However, his availability alerted a number of other clubs who have made enquiries, with Rovers in the running. O'Neill chose his words carefully, claimed that any issue is strictly between Fenn and Dundalk.

"I am interested in signing a striker, there is no secret about that," he said. "And that's probably all I'm going to say at the moment.

"If that person is Fenn, and Neale Fenn is a free agent, then it has nothing to do with us. He is a free agent and that's the bottom line. If the player is a free agent, then he is eligible to sign for us by our understanding of the rules. I don't think we are exploiting anybody.

"That's between the player and his previous club. The morality does not exist on our part. But we have not committed to doing any business with the player."

Rovers believe they can go ahead and sign the player, although there have been difficulties in the past with respect to registering a player outside the transfer window who had parted company with another club before it closed.

Dundalk signed Keith Dunne as a free agent in February of 2006, after he'd terminated his contract with St Patrick's Athletic, but couldn't play him until July

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
MrFantastico View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 5:58am

[/QUOTE]Just saw Fenn up at the ground which means one of two things he is signing for us or he is collecting his tickets for Juventus.[/QUOTE]

someone just posted the on rovers forum
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 6:33am
Shocking form on fenns part if true. Really poor form doing that to Dundalk
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Shocking form on fenns part if true. Really poor form doing that to Dundalk
also someone said "i wonder were graham barrets is this bank holiday monday",maybe he was taking the piss but you dont know

Edited by MrFantastico - 02 Aug 2010 at 6:48am
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 8:10am
I don't think Fenn would go all the way to retirement just to sign for Rovers. I think he retired and then Rovers came in with some kind of fantastic offer which may have got him thinking twice. I do think he retired but when an offer comes in that is really tempting you'd be a fool not to listen to it. It's not really bad form on either party's behalf but I could see this sort of thing happening in the EPL when agents get hold of it. However, as a man of principle, Fenn should retire.
There are friendlier places to drink.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 5:52pm
looks like he has signed and all
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by MrFantastico MrFantastico wrote:

shocking if true..
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by MrFantastico MrFantastico wrote:

shocking if true..
yeah id be pissed off if i was a dundalk fan...i dont really like fenn but as person but if he plays well i wont give a f**k
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 11:16pm

Too right you'd be pissed off being a Dundalk fan. Very strange. Dundalk fans deserve an explanation at the very least...

Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 1:07am
what ever happened to graham barrett?
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 6:57am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

what ever happened to graham barrett?

He is muck and hopefully never gets near the 1st team............. Evan as a Rovers fan I have to say this is poor form all around
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 7:17am
Zizu who gives a f**k its our gain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic