You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lee Carsley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 9:41pm
Confused That's the same interview?
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 8:32am
Nottingham Forest and Birmingham are interested in taking Lee Carsley on as a coach.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 9:02am
Ecstatic.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 6:29pm
After been appointed England u21 assistant manager, FAI really missed a trick with him, especially as he did apply for a job a few years ago.
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 6:31pm
Sure why would we need him when we have good old Noel King.
Hi Lads
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 7:07pm
He comes off a bit salty here about his Ireland career. Dont really remember him shipping too much flack during his career with us. I think 40 caps was a decent return at a time when we had quality in the centre mid  position 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 7:15pm
Personally never rated him, but there you go
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 7:16pm
I remember at the time thinking it was decent of Mick to give Carsley the few minutes against the Saudis. It's a shame he doesn't appreciate it. Players like Dunne and O'Brien didn't get on the field at all and never got to play in a world cup.

Kinsella and Holland were playing better than him at the time and deserved their places in the team ahead of him.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He comes off a bit salty here about his Ireland career. Dont really remember him shipping too much flack during his career with us. I think 40 caps was a decent return at a time when we had quality in the centre mid  position 

This a new interview? Because he's been salty about his Ireland career for a long time. Bang average player. He was lucky to get more than a handful of caps.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 8:14pm
The Harry Arter of the noughties
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 8:36pm
If anything, Carsley was a really underrated player. We had some good players in midfield at that point, but even then. I think Steven Reid only got 15 mins or so in 2002 World Cup 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:12pm
Think some harsh comments have been made above. He was a very able player and in another era, would have started many more games rather than a sub introduction. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:26pm
Never a fan of his after that daft handball against Turkey
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Never a fan of his after that daft handball against Turkey

Didn't he do that at least twice in that game, or am I thinking of a different one?
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 10:02am
I always liked Carsley. Nearly signed for Real Madrid too.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:34pm

He was given plenty of unwarranted flak by a section of our support purely for not being Roy Keane. Very capable player. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

He was given plenty of unwarranted flak by a section of our support purely for not being Roy Keane. Very capable player. 

I'm beginning to think you don't like Roy Keane.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

I'm beginning to think you don't like Roy Keane.

That's irrelevant. Keane was a magnificent player and any team would be poorer for his absence. Carsley was generally his replacement when he was injured or absent for other reasons. He got plenty of abuse despite being a reasonable replacement who generally did a decent job. The fact he couldn't dominate a game like Keane could was no reason for the level of criticism he took. It was generally lazy analysis. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic