Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 153>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robbie Keane
    Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

[QUOTE=horsebox]The stats are 6 goals in 9 games. He missed both Germany's games, Austria at home.
He scored in the Sweden home game.

No other striker came near to that.

Long went through the whole campain without scoring a single goal. That is a concern.

hattrick v faroes, peno v kazakstan, goal in a dead rubber v kazakstan, goal v sweden.

did well for goal v Sweden (after longs flick on) but averaging 20 touches per game is not good enough. Keanes performances throughout the campaign were very poor. Harsh, but its objective and true. As i said above, play him v the small teams, great record v them.

Anyway this is a thread re Coleman. 
When we win games Robbie invariably is on the scoresheet. And in case you havent noticed, we dont beat the top teams, QED Robbie dosent score. He scores against his own level regularly tho. Why would you expect him to score against superior teams ? Any why should that be the benchmark to rate him.

He almost has more international goals than Alan Shearer and Michael Owen combined.
you have answered your own question there. the way Ireland were set up was that whoever Keane was paired with was forced out wide. 

Re the owen and shearer comment  is that an inference he was a better international player? , i think out of owens 40 goals, 38 are competitive. Shearer has a similar ratio. both at one time or another were one of the most coveted strikers in European football. 

Don't get me wrong, It is a great record and he is by far irelands greatest striker, but too much emphasis placed on it, what does it actually mean to anyone bar Robbie Keane? the period in which it was mostly achieved coincided with a very very whelming period in Irish football, characterised by the inability to beat a team ranked higher than us competitively. 

As Keane has said time and time again, it means nothing to him. Only qualification does. Amd his goals have done exactly that for us in the past
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The stats are 6 goals in 9 games. He missed both Germany's games, Austria at home.
He scored in the Sweden home game.

No other striker came near to that.

Long went through the whole campain without scoring a single goal. That is a concern.

hattrick v faroes, peno v kazakstan, goal in a dead rubber v kazakstan, goal v sweden.

did well for goal v Sweden (after longs flick on) but averaging 20 touches per game is not good enough. Keanes performances throughout the campaign were very poor. Harsh, but its objective and true. As i said above, play him v the small teams, great record v them.

Anyway this is a thread re Coleman. 
When we win games Robbie invariably is on the scoresheet. And in case you havent noticed, we dont beat the top teams, QED Robbie dosent score. He scores against his own level regularly tho. Why would you expect him to score against superior teams ? Any why should that be the benchmark to rate him.

He almost has more international goals than Alan Shearer and Michael Owen combined.
you have answered your own question there. the way Ireland were set up was that whoever Keane was paired with was forced out wide. 

Re the owen and shearer comment  is that an inference he was a better international player? , i think out of owens 40 goals, 38 are competitive. Shearer has a similar ratio. both at one time or another were one of the most coveted strikers in European football. 

Don't get me wrong, It is a great record and he is by far irelands greatest striker, but too much emphasis placed on it, what does it actually mean to anyone bar Robbie Keane? the period in which it was mostly achieved coincided with a very very whelming period in Irish football, characterised by the inability to beat a team ranked higher than us competitively. 

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 8:29pm
That Late Late moment was pure magic, delighted for that kid. Hug

Keane's remark about the oul wans was funny and all, good man Robbie. LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 8:17pm
Robbie Keane wants Chicago Fire striker Mike Magee to join Martin O'Neill revolution
Mon, 02 Dec 2013
Republic of Ireland captain Robbie Keane is keen for Chicago Fire striker Mike Magee to join him in Martin O’Neill’s national squad.

The former LA Galaxy striker has linked with a call-up to Jurgen Klinsmann’s USA squad ahead of next year's World Cup finals having played for his country at under-17 and under-20 level, but Keane is keen for the 29-year-old MLS star to wear the green shirt instead.

Chicago missed out on the MLS play-offs on goal difference, but Magee was prolific throughout the regular season with 21 goals and 4 assists.

Keane, who is recuperating from recent Achilles surgery in Dublin over Christmas, said, “His whole family is Irish. His grandfather or father.

"I’d say he would play for us. He definitely would like to but he’s probably waiting for that American call-up. He’s not an international. How he hasn’t got it I don’t know.

“If Martin O’Neill asked me about him, I certainly would tell him about him but I’m sure Roy Keane and people like that would be fully aware of all the players available to them.”

“Every f***** day I get asked. They all think they’re Irish over there but I don’t go around asking ‘Are you Irish, do you want a game?’”

Magee, like Keane, is a finalist for the 2014 MLS Most Valuable Player award, which will be announced on Dec 5th.

Colorado Rapids midfielder Shane O’Neill and New York Red Bulls goalkeeper Ryan Meara are also qualified for Ireland.

Keane was in Dublin today to launch the Xbox One.
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 7:08pm
Even funnier was the little boys face when Robbie pointed up to the crowd and the poor kid thought Beckham was coming on. His eyebrow went through the roof
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 1:08pm
I loved that line.

Still, it's great seeing the love for both the chung fella and Robbie in general over the last few days. Even the comments on the journal aren't full of Robbie begrudgers. Maybe the people do appreciate him after all.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Anyone hear Keane say 'when asked about whether David Beckham would also be on the show and he said and pointed s crutch to the audience ''all the awl wans would love that wha?!' before realizing what he saidLOL

That was gas alright
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 8:07am
Anyone hear Keane say 'when asked about whether David Beckham would also be on the show and he said and pointed s crutch to the audience ''all the awl wans would love that wha?!' before realizing what he saidLOL

Edited by Trap junior - 02 Dec 2013 at 8:08am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 3:56am
that kid reminds me of the first time i got on the venga bus
The main thing is not to panic
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I give the kid 9 out of 10 for acting. I'm taking a point off cause I was pissed

You're still a miserable cxxt

I'm a gent and a ride and I have a fat one in me jocks waiting to meet u for the first time. Back doors be getting kicked in that night
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 7:12pm

I give the kid 9 out of 10 for acting. I'm taking a point off cause I was pissed

You're still a miserable cxxt
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 7:10pm

Edited by t_rAndy - 01 Dec 2013 at 7:11pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

ya quoted me Fintan but ya didn't post anything

its in there somewhere. Was agreeing with you about the annoying levels of keane begrudgers and saying the brits appreciate him more than many of our fans. I love the fella.

One thing I'd say for the English you would'nt see them knocking their record scorer Bobby Charlton who 49 goals (fantastic record for a midfielder) to the extent we do in this country.What really impressed me about Keane was no matter who was manager he backed them even under Stan because it kept the team together.See my signature quote below on what an excellent player like Ledanowski thinks of Robbie Keane.

the begrudging is off the hook in Ireland, mainly from auld biddies, rugby people and the specific breed of contrarian that we produce in Ireland.

people are also too demanding and too slow to give praise imo. On the Coleman thread people are talking about him being shaky in defence. This is at a time when most of england are saying he's one of the best defenders in the epl. BT sport rated him as the second best defender in the whole country last week for this season to date....Not in Ireland though, we know the truth, he's shaky. Lads also congratulating him on scoring a goal but then saying he scuffed it. Begrudging is the most horrible trait. Very infantile.

Coleman was very raw when he first came to Everton and he was shaky in defence,very lucky not to have conceded penalties with the amount of pulling and dragging he was doing but like Ciaran Clark learned from his experience and he's now pretty solid defence wise.

I'm only talking about this season when he is being talked about as THE BEST in his position by football people in England but getting called shaky by a fair few ireland fans.

Fair play on his goal though.....even thiugh it was a shinner fluke according to some of the ybig knowalls.

Well he was in the right area but funny thing is if he connected properly with his in-step off balance he'd have sent it to the moon .Feck it he deserved his good luck
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 6:22pm

its in there somewhere. Was agreeing with you about the annoying levels of keane begrudgers and saying the brits appreciate him more than many of our fans. I love the fella.

One thing I'd say for the English you would'nt see them knocking their record scorer Bobby Charlton who 49 goals (fantastic record for a midfielder) to the extent we do in this country.What really impressed me about Keane was no matter who was manager he backed them even under Stan because it kept the team together.See my signature quote below on what an excellent player like Ledanowski thinks of Robbie Keane.

the begrudging is off the hook in Ireland, mainly from auld biddies, rugby people and the specific breed of contrarian that we produce in Ireland.

people are also too demanding and too slow to give praise imo. On the Coleman thread people are talking about him being shaky in defence. This is at a time when most of england are saying he's one of the best defenders in the epl. BT sport rated him as the second best defender in the whole country last week for this season to date....Not in Ireland though, we know the truth, he's shaky. Lads also congratulating him on scoring a goal but then saying he scuffed it. Begrudging is the most horrible trait. Very infantile.

Coleman was very raw when he first came to Everton and he was shaky in defence,very lucky not to have conceded penalties with the amount of pulling and dragging he was doing but like Ciaran Clark learned from his experience and he's now pretty solid defence wise.

I'm only talking about this season when he is being talked about as THE BEST in his position by football people in England but getting called shaky by a fair few ireland fans.

Fair play on his goal though.....even thiugh it was a shinner fluke according to some of the ybig knowalls.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 6:15pm

Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 11:50am

Edited by Fintan - 01 Dec 2013 at 11:52am
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 10:42am

the face on the young lad when Keane came out was priceless.he couldn't speak
It's a great kick when you're a child and you meet one of your heroes.

That was rehearsed sure no doubt about it. Sure turbidy was pressing him for the additional questions in case he forgot

Just seeing this now. Ya miserable fooker!LOL
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 10:34am

Edited by irishmufc - 01 Dec 2013 at 10:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 153>
  Share Topic