You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cillian Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 42>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:31pm
Two goals tonight for Jagellonia after been brought back in to the starting line up. first one was a great header. deserves a call up. would be a good plan b . Strange O'Neill wont even have a look. 

Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:43am
All things considered, I can’t understand why he doesn’t at least make a provisional squad or get a run out in a friendly 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:47am
It's a bit like Rory Delap during the Trap era; on paper he's the managers ideal player, but he obviously just doesn't rate him for whatever reason.
We're decent enough..
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 1:09am
Polish clubs are 22nd in the UEFA club coefficient standings, behind the SPL and Belarus. Nobody would be screaming for a call up based on a couple of goals in league 1 surely but that is a comparable level of quality. Oh wait........Ronan Curtis. Maybe we are that desperate for strikers after all
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 1:52am
He plays for a team that have finished 2nd in the Polish League for 2 years in a row; that's a pretty decent standard tbf.
We're decent enough..
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Polish clubs are 22nd in the UEFA club coefficient standings, behind the SPL and Belarus. Nobody would be screaming for a call up based on a couple of goals in league 1 surely but that is a comparable level of quality. Oh wait........Ronan Curtis. Maybe we are that desperate for strikers after all

If its good enough for Poland to pick players in there world cup squad from the league it should be good enough for us .
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:15pm
Sure the best couple of players in the league maybe but not a fella struggling to hold down a starting place in the team. I mean Rooney wasn't getting picked playing for Scotland's second best club and his scoring record in the SPL was a lot better than Sheridan's is in the Ekstraklasa
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:23pm
His record for Jagiellonia is about 1-in-3, which again, is respectable. He has deserved at least a call up at some stage over the last few years, that is indisputable.
We're decent enough..
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

His record for Jagiellonia is about 1-in-3, which again, is respectable. He has deserved at least a call up at some stage over the last few years, that is indisputable.

A fairer assessment would be to look at his minutes played as hes often used as a sub.

Hes played 2927 minutes in total which is 32.5 games ...and with 16 goals, its more 1 in 2.

Either way, he offers something different and is still a better options than an ageing Walters.
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 4:24pm
Whether he gets another call up or not, you cannot fault the guy for his efforts as his recent form underscores. Should be in the squad imo
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

A fairer assessment would be to look at his minutes played as hes often used as a sub.

Hes played 2927 minutes in total which is 32.5 games ...and with 16 goals, its more 1 in 2.

Either way, he offers something different and is still a better options than an ageing Walters.

Yeah agree..Jon Walters has been a great servant over the years but constant injuries/age and playing the lone role or wide,it just aint working for him...sadly i think his time is up....
Cillian deserves a call up,especially with a double header coming up and our ongoing/inevitable injury concerns....but i reckon if we had no other strikers available he wouldnt fit into MON's plans.....
ps has TOD or any other journo ever asked him about Cillian.....?????

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 6:23pm

Sheridan has left Jagiellonia Białystok, had his contract has been terminated by mutual agreement.

Probably due a move closer to home with his missus and birth of his son.

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 7:14pm
Probably end up in Scotland I’d imagine
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 7:46pm
Leeds United is after his signature to push for promotion
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

Leeds United is after his signature to push for promotion
That would be a big move for him. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 2:42pm
Why the fcuk would leeds be after him. Bullsh*t. He wouldnt get near that side. 
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Why the fcuk would leeds be after him. Bullsh*t. He wouldnt get near that side. 

Jesus, ya took that one bad LOLLOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 2:52pm
Evidently they're looking for a target man, which they don't really have at the moment.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 42>
  Share Topic