Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cillian Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 42>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:35pm
I'm not sure he would get a game for many Championship sides though. He certainly deserves a look, due to our desperation more than his ability though!
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

6'5'' and has played around Europe. He would 100% be in the squad if he was playing for some Championship side. Given our total lack of resources, especially up front, the man deserves a chance, especially as we're only going to be seeing route one football under MON. Seems like a smart fellow too, unusual for a footballer.
Does MON even know he exists? Should we hold up a banner explaining who he is at our next home game?  

he probably thinks he's 'the actor fella ?'
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:15pm
The Polish league/ Europa League isn't an unreasonable standard. He probably ought to be given a chance given our lack of riches in his position.
deebee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:55pm
The upcoming friendly with Poland would be an ideal time to call up.
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:31pm
Lads have ye seen him playing, totally out of he's depth.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Nah, you're thinking of Conor Sammon.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

He will fit right in so!
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:48pm
Yeah ive seen him play in the Champions peague against PSG and Barca and do well. A decent target man would not look out of his depth in a very very average Irish side.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:03pm
His hold up play appeared quite decent from one game I saw him in against Barca. 

He suits MON’s ‘style’ there must be some underlying reason why he’s never been selected. 
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Yeah ive seen him play in the Champions peague against PSG and Barca and do well. A decent target man would not look out of his depth in a very very average Irish side.
didn't do anything for st Johnstone.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:27pm
How many years ago was that, you obiously havent a clue. Playing in a sh*t St Johnstone team with no service when he was very young is absoloutley irrelevant to how he is as a player today .

Edited by JoxerDaly - 11 Aug 2018 at 5:27pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:45pm
He's done well in Cyprus and Poland, both of which are middle-of-the-road European leagues; we've never in our history had such an abundance of strikers that that wouldn't be good enough to warrant at least 1 call-up.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:23pm
His goal scoring record is pretty decent for the last 3 clubs, not a great standard by any means but he's still scoring goals.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:39pm
jaysus why is this thread still going?? This guy is not going to play for us again. End of story. Whats to discuss. Whats the fascination with him.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

jaysus why is this thread still going?? This guy is not going to play for us again. End of story. Whats to discuss. Whats the fascination with him.
##

He's Irish and probably deserves a call up based on the very limited strikers we have.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 10:38am
it seems Sheridan was close to joining FK Orenburg, fourth in the Russian Premier League, after being told he was free to leave Jagellonia, but the move fell through late in the transfer window.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

it seems Sheridan was close to joining FK Orenburg, fourth in the Russian Premier League, after being told he was free to leave Jagellonia, but the move fell through late in the transfer window.

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:34pm
I’d love to know how much wonga he has made.
Fair play to him anyway. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 42>
  Share Topic