Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cillian Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 8:39am
Massive commitment and move for the lad but i hope he takes the chance. We need more players playing in different leagues and hopefully this can set some sort of precedent.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy O'Toole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 9:00am
better than St.Johnstone imo

never goin to get a look in this season at Celtic

he defo should not get into the Senior Squad ahead of Long or Best anyway
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 9:02am
best of luck to him!!
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Propagandhi View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 11:03am

Celtic striker Cilian Sheridan is considering an offer from CSKA Sofia after travelling to Bulgaria for talks.

Sheridan, 21, was a guest of CSKA at their derby match against Levski Sofia on Sunday and should make a decision on his future before the end of the week.

The Republic of Ireland cap was on loan at St Johnstone last season.

"There's been an offer from a Bulgarian club and we've given him permission to go over and see what he thinks," said Celtic manager Neil Lennon on Sunday.

Sheridan has twice been capped by his country after graduating from the Under-21 side.

During his time with Celtic, he has also spent loan spells at Motherwell and Plymouth Argyle.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 7:59am
Cillian Sheridan has agreed terms with CSKA Sofia, according to the club’s technical director Emil Kostadinov. The Republic of Ireland striker must now wait for CSKA and Celtic to agree the deal, before clinching a move to the Bulgarian capital.

Sheridan was a spectator at CSKA’s derby match with Levski at the weekend, in which his prospective new side lost 1-0. After being shown around the city and the club’s facilities, he flew back to Ireland to mull over the offer put to him by this season’s Europa League participants.

Now CSKA claim Sheridan has settled on personal terms with them and will join by the end of the week, provided they can successfully negotiate with Celtic to release the 21-year-old from his contract.

“With Sheridan, things are completed,” Kostadinov told the Bulgarian press. “It is clarified. It only remains for both clubs to agree. I hope by our next match in the play-offs for the Europa League he is here.”

CSKA Sofia hold a 3-0 advantage over Northern Irish side Cliftonville in the third qualifying round of the Europa League and will travel to the UK on Wednesday ahead of the second leg. All being well, Sheridan will meet with his new team-mates and travel back to Sofia ahead of their league game against Chernomorets on Sunday.

“I came over to see what the club was like and whether I liked it,” Sheridan said at the weekend. “I am looking forward to being here.

“I know next to nothing about CSKA although I watched them play Fulham and Roma in Europe last year and they looked good.”
baddler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 8:02am
good luck to him.

nice to see a few Irish lads trying their luck on the continent - i'm not his biggest fan but would be good to see him make some kind of impact over there anyway

as someone said earlier its a step up from St-Bleedin-Johnstone thats for sure!
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 8:03am
good luck to him. hopefully he makes a good go of it.
cup champions
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 8:18am
Good luck to the lad. I hope it works out for him, I don't know much about the Bulgarian league tho!
It's a walk-off!
TheMixer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Propagandhi Propagandhi wrote:

Cillian Sheridan has agreed terms with CSKA Sofia, according to the club’s technical director Emil Kostadinov. The Republic of Ireland striker must now wait for CSKA and Celtic to agree the deal, before clinching a move to the Bulgarian capital.

Sheridan was a spectator at CSKA’s derby match with Levski at the weekend, in which his prospective new side lost 1-0. After being shown around the city and the club’s facilities, he flew back to Ireland to mull over the offer put to him by this season’s Europa League participants.

Now CSKA claim Sheridan has settled on personal terms with them and will join by the end of the week, provided they can successfully negotiate with Celtic to release the 21-year-old from his contract.

“With Sheridan, things are completed,” Kostadinov told the Bulgarian press. “It is clarified. It only remains for both clubs to agree. I hope by our next match in the play-offs for the Europa League he is here.”

CSKA Sofia hold a 3-0 advantage over Northern Irish side Cliftonville in the third qualifying round of the Europa League and will travel to the UK on Wednesday ahead of the second leg. All being well, Sheridan will meet with his new team-mates and travel back to Sofia ahead of their league game against Chernomorets on Sunday.

“I came over to see what the club was like and whether I liked it,” Sheridan said at the weekend. “I am looking forward to being here.

“I know next to nothing about CSKA although I watched them play Fulham and Roma in Europe last year and they looked good.”

Hope he can learn a thing or two about goalscoring from the clubs technical director.....
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 9:13am
How long before TV3/RTE or setanta show a CSKA game live?! Surely one of them will show a match!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

How long before TV3/RTE or setanta show a CSKA game live?! Surely one of them will show a match!

absolutely , YBIG petition to get them to fit one in i reckon..

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 1:52pm
is the move confirmed yet
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 2:58pm
No.
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 4:48pm

Good to see sheridan make the move.

Sofia even cheaper than Cavan, so it'll suit him!!

You'll never beat the Irish
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 7:13am

Sheridan has completed his move to CSKA Sofia after much conjecture. He has signed a 3 year contract and will wear the number 26.

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 8:09am
are cska in europe this season....dont know a whole lot about them
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 8:16am
Yes
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 8:16am
They are in the Europa League. They knocked out Cliftonville.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
  Share Topic