You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cillian Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 42>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 4:58pm
You haven't a clue, Sheridan played how many minutes of international football how many years ago?
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

You haven't a clue, Sheridan played how many minutes of international football how many years ago?

I haven't a clue? Good lad, watch a lot of the Cypriot league do you?

Ever wonder why he only has 3 caps and hasn't been in any squad since 2010......
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 5:05pm
Watch a lot of the highlights and the standard is better than Scotland, teams regualrly in the Champions league and Europa league, plenty of internationals play in it aswel. He is a decent player who has improved a lot and scores regualrly in a decent league he deserevs a chance we havent got many options up front and zero options of a 6 foot 4 target man .
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

Watch a lot of the highlights and the standard is better than Scotland, teams regualrly in the Champions league and Europa league, plenty of internationals play in it aswel. He is a decent player who has improved a lot and scores regualrly in a decent league he deserevs a chance we havent got many options up front and zero options of a 6 foot 4 target man .

Where? I'd be keen on watching it myself not being smart?

Personally I don't think he'll offer anything more than what we have currently, but with Keane more than likely retiring in June, Murphy not getting any younger who know's he may get his chance but I don't think he's the answer.

Would love to see Joe Mason get a chance and see more of McGoldrick who I really liked when he lined out for us vs USA. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 5:09pm
Never been terribly impressed by him, but he deserves a shot after the Euros when we'll probably have a couple of retirements. Don't think he'll get a shot in the upcoming friendlies.
We're decent enough..
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 5:11pm
Youtube is were you see the highlights type Omonia into it, hes scored some good goals a lot of headers and almost scored a worldy a few weeks ago from the centre circle, its in the first link I posted on the last page.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Sheridan isn't up to international football, saw him a few times for Ireland and he was way off the pace.

Not intelligent enough for international football. 

Dead

6 years ago when he was 21? for a total of 101minutes across 3 games? Whilst a bench warmer for Celtic? ...Gway out of that!

Offers more than any of Cox, Stokes, Doyle, Sammon and Murphy, who've all head chances in squads since then.

As for watching the Cypriot league? Highlights are easily available on youtube, any time I see he scores or assists on livescore I pull up hightlights. Again, standard isnt any worse than the SPL where Stokes and Rooney play, nor is it much worse than the MLS where Doyle plays.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Never been terribly impressed by him, but he deserves a shot after the Euros when we'll probably have a couple of retirements. Don't think he'll get a shot in the upcoming friendlies.
Is about right. He is obviously doing ok out there, deserves a friendly shout in August, assuming his form mantains. Needs an injury crisis to be anywhere near the Euros.
Bradyesque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradyesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 8:54pm
Big game against APOEL for him this weekend
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 12:07am
sorry I made a Mistake ..he looks  like  Juan Martin del Potro and his name is like Cillian Murphy and John Sheridan not the liqueur

i think him and Rooney both deserve a place for the double header as for  Browne Judge and O'kane
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Is about right. He is obviously doing ok out there, deserves a friendly shout in August, assuming his form mantains. Needs an injury crisis to be anywhere near the Euros.

Theres no longer August friendlies! This is my point about bringing in new lads now, the Dutch game is our last friendly before the euros AND before the first WC qualifier in Sept!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 2:48pm
Well he will have to wait then. He is too far down the list to be considered for the pre Euro games. Our squad has roughly 18 places that are nailed down. We then have 8-12 fighting for the last 5 spots. He isn't in either group
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 3:07pm
Should the fact that he is playing further foreign than most of our players mean he is excluded? No. He is scoring goals for fun and deffo should be on the radar.

However, the overall standard is worse than the LoI. So lets not expect too much.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Should the fact that he is playing further foreign than most of our players mean he is excluded? No. He is scoring goals for fun and deffo should be on the radar.

However, the overall standard is worse than the LoI. So lets not expect too much.
What makes you think that?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 3:33pm

Must be having a laugh, 45 minutes of Bohs vs. Cork last week was enough to make me question my will to live, and Cork are the "early favourites" for the league....
We're decent enough..
Bradyesque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradyesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 4:48pm

Lol the Cypriot league is better than the LOI. League of Ireland football is banter
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

What makes you think that?

what RTID says goes, there will no disputing it
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 5:45pm
Ranked 19th by coefficient, LOI ranked 41st. A lot of the Cypriot points come from the 11/12 season, but they have a higher points tally for every single season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 42>
  Share Topic