You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cillian Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 4:17pm
He's also attracting admiring glances from Edinburgh rivals Hearts and Hibernian and Charlton Athletic.LOL

Sponsored Links

Propagandhi View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 8:24pm
More on the Hearts link. He is "keen to test himself abroad".

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 12:35pm
Hopefully Cillian will get some minutes in the Emirates Cup this weekend.
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 5:51pm
Jaysus we'll now have to follow the Bulgarian League......holy feck. The life of a statto!!!
There are friendlier places to drink.
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Donal Cullen Donal Cullen wrote:

Jaysus we'll now have to follow the Bulgarian League......holy feck. The life of a statto!!!

is he actually gone to cska??! this article says that celtic have accepted an offer of £200,000 for him....

http://www.sofiaecho.com/2010/07/30/939985_eternal-rivalry
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 7:38pm
Celtic have also accepted an offer for Aiden McGeady. It all depends on what the player wants at the end of the day. Cillian Sheridan has a chance to impress British clubs this weekend in the Emirates Cup and against Argentina.
city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 4:36am
he wont impress much he is muck,shudnt be near irish squad.there must be sum league the likes of him and mcshane could be shipped off to well out of our sight!
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 8:32am
He's flying to Bulgaria this weekend. He might sign a deal as soon as this Monday.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 8:36am
Originally posted by city4life city4life wrote:

he wont impress much he is muck,shudnt be near irish squad.there must be sum league the likes of him and mcshane could be shipped off to well out of our sight!

Do you actually support Ireland ? Nearly every one of your posts critcises either the player or the team in some shape or form.Confused 

Oh and no txt spk read the rules.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 31 Jul 2010 at 8:36am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 8:51pm
CELTIC striker Cillian Sheridan is in line for a surprise £350,000 move to CSKA Sofia, with the Irish striker in the Bulgarian capital this weekend for talks about a possible transfer.
The 21-year-old has spent most of the past two seasons on loan but was part of the Celtic squad for the recent tour of America. But with Gary Hooper's arrival knocking Sheridan down to fifth in Neil Lennon's striker pecking order behind Georgios Samaras, Marc Antoine Fortune and Morten Rasmussen, Celtic are open to cashing in on the player as he enters the final year of his contract.

Sheridan enjoyed a sucessful stint with St Johnstone in the second half of last season, his form earning him a full international debut in May. His likely departure comes on the back of the sales of Stephen McManus, Artur Boruc, Zheng Zhi, Simon Ferry and Paul Caddis that have raised in the region of £4 million, the sum Lennon has so far spent extensively reshaping his squad.

Any move by Aiden McGeady would greatly strengthen the Celtic manager's hand in the transfer market but according to quotes attributed to the Celtic winger in a daily Russian sports newspaper, McGeady says it is "unlikely" he would move to Spartak Moscow, so far the only serious bidders for him with a £9m offer. McGeady is reported to have said he did not believe the move to Russia would improve him as a player.

The 24-year-old made his first appearance of the season in yesterday's 2-2 draw against Lyon but was overshadowed by 19-year-old James Forrest on the opposite wing. Lennon admitted McGeady had been "a bit flat" after his injury lay-off but said he would feature today against Arsenal providing the back injury said to have kept him out of the 3-0 Champions League defeat in Braga did not play-up overnight. And if he came through this afternoon, Lennon would consider him for the return leg in Glasgow on Wednesday. "It will be a football decision," he said, a reference to the suggestions he was not played in Portugal so he would not be ineligible to apear for Spartak in the Champions League.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 7:57am

CSKA Sofia is ready to pay GBP 350,000 for Celtic striker Cillian Sheridan, who is in the Bulgarian capital this weekend for talks about the surprise move, the Scotsman reported.

The 21-year-old has spent most of the past two seasons on loan but was part of the Celtic squad for the recent tour of America. Celtic are said to be open to cashing in on the player as he enters the final year of his contract.

The striker is expected to attend the first round of the Bulgarian National Football Championship, which will include a match between top teams and arch-rivals CSKA and Levski on Sunday. A decision on whether he will be the new addition to CSKA is due in days.

Cillian Sheridan is the second striker, who comes to sign up with CSKA for the last four days. On Wednesday the club contracted Italian Cristian Tiboni.

city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 8:29am
yes i do support ireland and im goin to slovakia but i will call a spade a spade sheridan mcshane kilbane not good enough end of story.we wont qualify with them in squad
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 8:32am

yes i do support ireland and im goin to slovakia but i will call a spade a spade sheridan mcshane kilbane not good enough end of story.we wont qualify with them in squad
`

Oh bollix that's it then I won't bother my hole going to the games then  because 3 players who more than likely won't start any of the games means we won't qualify Cry
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

`

Oh bollix that's it then I won't bother my hole going to the games then  because 3 players who more than likely won't start any of the games means we won't qualify Cry

when coleman and duffy are getting their games and showing trap their potential, mcshane will be out of the squad at the drop of a hat. i don't know why mcshane is still there. it is embarrasing. trap said "i have faith in him". you have faith in a player who was in the worst defensive team in the premiership? and when he was in sunderland conceding 7 against everton??! this is a shocking defender full stop. doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground. i will agree he shouldn't be in the squad. though kilbane is merely being used as experience as trap says so i doubt he will play. just a mentor for the younger players.

Edited by CPS89 - 01 Aug 2010 at 8:40am
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 10:43am
Originally posted by CPS89 CPS89 wrote:

`

when coleman and duffy are getting their games and showing trap their potential, mcshane will be out of the squad at the drop of a hat. i don't know why mcshane is still there. it is embarrasing. trap said "i have faith in him". you have faith in a player who was in the worst defensive team in the premiership? and when he was in sunderland conceding 7 against everton??! this is a shocking defender full stop. doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground. i will agree he shouldn't be in the squad. though kilbane is merely being used as experience as trap says so i doubt he will play. just a mentor for the younger players.

agree with that, kilbane is useful to have in the squad. but mcshane is dire, absolutely awful.
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 12:38pm

for the people writing off sheridan...how many games you see him play??

i certainly havent seen him enough to write him off...
You'll never beat the Irish
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

Originally posted by CPS89 CPS89 wrote:

`

agree with that, kilbane is useful to have in the squad. but mcshane is dire, absolutely awful.

oh jesus he's appalling. this video further proves this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGMuoxihmu4 it makes me laugh how sh*te he is. a pure donkey

Edited by CPS89 - 01 Aug 2010 at 4:14pm
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 7:31am
Celtic striker Cillian Sheridan is poised to join CSKA Sofia while Neil Lennon has confirmed Stuart Baxter has joined as a part-time advisor.

Irish frontman Sheridan travelled to the Bulgarian capital to watch CSKA's 1-0 derby defeat to Levski on Sunday and is thought to be ready to pen a three-year deal.

Sheridan, who has scored four SPL goals for Celtic, spent the second half of last season on loan with St Johnstone and is looking forward to joining CSKA.

"I came over to see what the club was like and whether I liked it," explained Sheridan. "I am looking forward to being here.

"I know next to nothing about CSKA although I watched them play Fulham and Roma in Europe last year and they looked good."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
  Share Topic