Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cillian Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cillian Sheridan
    Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 9:31am
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 9:34am
starnge one , wonder what they see in him , hope it all works out and he becomes a hero out there !
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 9:34am

hmm, how much would he get a week there? Interesting to have a player playing on the continent though

Propagandhi View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 9:40am

Neither here nor there since the move won't happen but he can kiss another Ireland cap goodbye if he goes to Bulgaria. Sad that he was never given a chance at Celtic despite making a marvellous first impression, while donkeys like Samaras and Fortune get to play week in week out.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 9:43am

he was given a chance
made a good start when first came into the team, remember a great goal against Kilmarnock. Started against United in the CL as well that season,

Towards the second half of Strachans last season he got plenty of game time and wasn't good enough

farmed out to plymouth and then st johnstone and didnt exactly set the world alight there either

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 22 Jul 2010 at 9:45am
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

he was given a chance

made a good start when first came into the team, remember a great goal against Kilmarnock. Started against United in the CL as well that season,

Towards the second half of Strachans last season he got plenty of game time and wasn't good enough

farmed out to plymouth and then st johnstone and didnt exactly set the world alight there either

Fair points - and a lot more balanced than P's rant at Michael Reddy - but Niall Quinn anybody ????
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:14am
Id be very surprised if this move went through. A young Irish lad of 20 moving to Bulgaria? Doubt it.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:19am
I'm usually all for Irish players moving abroad but I would understand if Cillian stays in Britain. He's from Cavan for God's sake. He wouldn't last a week in Sofia. I was really hoping Juventus would come in for Kevin Doyle. Their loss. If they want to finish 7th in Serie A every season that's their prerogative. They have been crap because they don't have enough players with the temperament Kevin Doyle has.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:22am

While we are on the subject, remember when Keith Fahey rejected a move to Hertha Berlin? That worked out well in hindsight.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:34am
I still don't rate Samaras and Fortuné was atrocious last season, so I hope Lenny's judgement proves right in letting Shero go.  He was still fairly raw, but he's an honest lad and did well at St Johnsone and was certainly no worse than the 2 mentioned above.  I wish the lad well.........Thumbs%20Up
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:35am
He isnt good enough, was'nt even championship standard when he went on loan to Plymouth,,,the league of ireland beckons im afraid
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Propagandhi Propagandhi wrote:

I'm usually all for Irish players moving abroad but I would understand if Cillian stays in Britain. He's from Cavan for God's sake. He wouldn't last a week in Sofia.

Do you know him well? Wouldn't last a week in Sofia?? what does this mean it's a modern European capital not bloody Baghdad
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:35am
Would be quite a strange one alright.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

He isnt good enough, was'nt even championship standard when he went on loan to Plymouth,,,the league of ireland beckons im afraid

He was played on the wing for Plymouth..........Angry, he's a centre forward and nothing else, I wasn't surprised he didn't play well at Plymouth given the position they asked him to play. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:46am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

He was played on the wing for Plymouth..........Angry, he's a centre forward and nothing else, I wasn't surprised he didn't play well at Plymouth given the position they asked him to play. 
ah now, FW if your honest he does not have a future on the international setup, from what i have seen, for a big lad he can't hold up the ball and very cumbersome in his movement, even in the SPL his goal scoring record is poor. As a striker and if your asked to play on the wing it obviously means sturrock didnt rate him up front, hence the decision not to renew his loan spell...hope to god im proved wrong, but think of how many cillian sheridans we;ve had in the past 

Edited by Citizen - 22 Jul 2010 at 10:46am
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:51am
Jaysus that's an odd one, how did they ever spot him?
darragh1888 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh1888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 11:15am
very strange indeed!! Confused 

be interesting to see how this works out for him if he does go there
"26 + 6 = 1, No Surrender"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 2:59pm

Citizen, I'm not pushing him for the Irish team, far from it (even though he did ok in the friendlies), just saying he's no worse than the far higher paid and expensive flops Samaras and Fortune in particular.  He's better than alot of yiz reckon, that's all I'm saying. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
  Share Topic