You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cillian Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 42>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Should the fact that he is playing further foreign than most of our players mean he is excluded? No. He is scoring goals for fun and deffo should be on the radar.

However, the overall standard is worse than the LoI. So lets not expect too much.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 2:00pm
Good interview: http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/paul-rouse/cillian-sheridan-walking-away-from-excuses-and-scoring-lots-of-goals-386625.html

Sheridan seems to have the kind of mentality that doesn't really appeal to managers. He's often been very modest about his talent and doesn't seem to have a competitive attitude. I could see why managers would view his career path as "taking the easy way out".

Hopefully this season is the start of something big for him.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 2:51pm
Good article. Looks like he's really trying to push on this season. He's got a great attitude.

Quote There’s a bigger world out there than just the Premier League and I’m happy in it.”

Omonoia have a very cosmopolitan bunch of players which should help his development too.
Given that his caps came when he was only a youngster, he could well come into the reckoning for another call up, especially if there's one or two likely retirements from our squad after the euros.

Their logo has an Irish look about it.  Anyone know anything about it's origins?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Omonia

PS: having a mare with links today. Has the software changed?

Edited by Stoked Up - 11 Mar 2016 at 3:01pm
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 6:12pm
Another one today banging them in.
Bradyesque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradyesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

Another one today banging them in.
Should've been in the squad for this month
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 1:43am
YEAP  BUT  IVE GOT THE FEELING  MON  HE DOESNT WANNA HURT THE SQUAD SPIRIT  WITH  SOMEONE NEW WHO PLAYS IN A POSITION THAT THERE ARE SOME CERTS SPOTS
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradyesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 1:44am
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

YEAP  BUT  IVE GOT THE FEELING  MON  HE DOESNT WANNA HURT THE SQUAD SPIRIT  WITH  SOMEONE NEW WHO PLAYS IN A POSITION THAT THERE ARE SOME CERTS SPOTS
Well MON said the other day there's no room for sentiment, so he's lying then. If that's the case, Elliot should be starting over Randolph, and finished players like Doyle should be binned
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 1:53am
WELL THAT ONE OF  ELLIOT VS RANDOLPH IS A HARD CALL////.......for me Elliot is very good  and should be tested but the spot is for Randolph to be lost  he is in the driving seat he played a dozen times this season for WHU...but he had excelled every time i watched 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradyesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 2:01am
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

WELL THAT ONE OF  ELLIOT VS RANDOLPH IS A HARD CALL////.......for me Elliot is very good  and should be tested but the spot is for Randolph to be lost  he is in the driving seat he played a dozen times this season for WHU...but he had excelled every time i watched 
Well we'll see how Elliot does tomorrow
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 2:34am
yes man,  i think tomorrow is a grundge match for him,,and hope  Mon or Roy  to be there as well
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 10:31pm
He's on holidays in Italy and he just put up a picture of a glass wine, along with the caption "Perks of not making a 900 man squad" on his Snapchat story.. At least he's looking on the bright side!
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 3:36pm
another euro gol for him
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 6:00am
according to some irish dudes  Sheridan is gonna get contracted  by  the current team leader of Polands top division.  Jagiellonia Bialystok 

awesome
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:15am
Seen Polish reports saying the same. 7 goals and 5 assists in 16 games this season isnt bad. If he were to be as prolific in the Ekstraklasa as he is in Cyprus he'd be worth a call-up IMO. 
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:46am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Seen Polish reports saying the same. 7 goals and 5 assists in 16 games this season isnt bad. If he were to be as prolific in the Ekstraklasa as he is in Cyprus he'd be worth a call-up IMO. 
have you got a link to these rumours ?
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:04am
If you google his name and that club there's a few Polish forums talking about him alright. Google translate advised me of this comment:

Cillian Sheridan from Omonia Nicosia and Martin Dolezal are headed wishlist Jagiellonia

Would be a good move if there's any truth to the rumours.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

have you got a link to these rumours ?

Not exactly in depth reports but reputable enough Polish sporting news outlets. Basically just says the manager is looking into reinforcements and Sheridan is on his radar
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 3:12pm
Dunno,
Its an average Euro league.
Would prefer him moving to something like the belgian/dutch league.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 42>
  Share Topic