You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jon Walters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 73747576>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 2:55pm

Edited by Fitz - 22 Apr 2024 at 2:58pm
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 3:00pm

The ink was hardly dry on that piece when the Mirroblared “CLOUGH SENDS KEANE HOME IN SHAME” from a Forest break in the Channel Islands. A young woman threw a gin and tonic in his face during a drinking session with players from the Jersey and Guernsey hockey teams and Keane had responded in kind with his glass of lager.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/roy-keane-trials-by-tabloid-revisited-90c237bwg

That’s the story I remember from the early 90s. Hardly the crime of the century tbf but it’s probably still technically an assault. 

Maybe we can call off the solicitors now, eh? 😏

Edited by Fitz - 22 Apr 2024 at 3:14pm
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

The ink was hardly dry on that piece when the Mirroblared “CLOUGH SENDS KEANE HOME IN SHAME” from a Forest break in the Channel Islands. A young woman threw a gin and tonic in his face during a drinking session with players from the Jersey and Guernsey hockey teams and Keane had responded in kind with his glass of lager.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/roy-keane-trials-by-tabloid-revisited-90c237bwg

That’s the story I remember from the early 90s. Hardly the crime of the century tbf but it’s probably still technically an assault. 

That's pretty admirable restraint from Keane. Just like the time the lad headbutted him in the face recently. Throw a drink in someone's face the next time you're in a pub and get back to us with how it worked out for you.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

That's pretty admirable restraint from Keane. Just like the time the lad headbutted him in the face recently. Throw a drink in someone's face the next time you're in a pub and get back to us with how it worked out for you.

Admirable restraint? From what, decking her?? You should be on stage my friend ClapLOL
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 3:26pm

Someone said he beat up a woman. He didn’t. Absolute scumbag thing to say about someone when not true 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Someone said he beat up a woman. He didn’t. Absolute scumbag thing to say about someone when not true 
Yes quite the difference between throwing a drink over someone and beating someone up. Trying to pass the two off as the same is pretty low.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Yes quite the difference between throwing a drink over someone and beating someone up. Trying to pass the two off as the same is pretty low.

A big difference for sure. The ‘beat up a woman’ stuff may have came from the fact that, technically, he did assault your one and people put 2 and 2 together and made 5. FTR, I’m not defending her nor condemning him - I couldn’t care less tbh, I just thought people calling for litigation on his behalf was hilarious.  

Edited by Fitz - 22 Apr 2024 at 4:28pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 4:31pm

A big difference for sure. The ‘beat up a woman’ stuff may have came from the fact that, technically, he did assault your one and people put 2 and 2 together and made 5. FTR, I’m not defending her nor condemning him - I couldn’t care less tbh, I just thought people calling for litigation on his behalf was hilarious.  

Eh, she technically assaulted him first, if you're going down that road. 

He's been slandered here, pure and simple and that isn't on 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Forget it. This lad probably thinks if you get punched in the face you should keep your hands by your sides and tilt your head forwards.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 4:47pm

Absolutely, no argument here. It was a total **** move by her. Plenty of lads have been on the receiving end of something like that, though, so I don’t think the Judas deserves a medal because he didn’t beat the forehead off of her 😏

As for the slander, maybe the International Court of Human Rights could get involved 😏

Edited by Fitz - 22 Apr 2024 at 4:50pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 4:48pm

Forget it. This lad probably thinks if you get punched in the face you should keep your hands by your sides and tilt your head forwards.

Keep them coming, you’re on a roll LOLClap
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 4:57pm
Says the moonbeam who thinks Roy Keane assaulted someone by throwing a drink in their face as an impulsive response to someone throwing a drink in his face. This forum almost got in trouble before from people posting offensive comments about John Delaney's partner so, yes, there is a precedent for moronic/libellous posts getting websites in trouble. 

The difference between Jonathan Walters getting sacked for theft, admitting responsibility, and corroboration from Alex Bruce, and posting that Roy Keane "beat someone up" without any proof, corroboration, or sources has already been explained. So it's a ridiculous comparison to make.

Edited by razzmatazaz - 22 Apr 2024 at 4:59pm
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 5:08pm

Says the moonbeam who thinks Roy Keane assaulted someone by throwing a drink in their face as an impulsive response to someone throwing a drink in his face. This forum almost got in trouble before from people posting offensive comments about John Delaney's partner so, yes, there is a precedent for moronic/libellous posts getting websites in trouble. 

The difference between Jonathan Walters getting sacked for theft, admitting responsibility, and corroboration from Alex Bruce, and posting that Roy Keane "beat someone up" without any proof, corroboration, or sources has already been explained. So it's a ridiculous comparison to make.

Technically it’s an assault, to the best of my knowledge. A bullsh*t one maybe, but, as they say, the law is an ass. Argue the points of that with a barrister if you wish, I could not care one iota. 
You obviously missed the bit where I said I wasn’t condemning him for what he did - I understand his reaction completely. That doesn’t mean a judge mightn’t take a dim view of something like that. 

Also, I haven’t slandered him whatsoever, so when you’re sending out the summonses you can leave me off the list 👌🏼
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 5:23pm

Technically it’s an assault, to the best of my knowledge. A bullsh*t one maybe, but, as they say, the law is an ass. Argue the points of that with a barrister if you wish, I could not care one iota. 
You obviously missed the bit where I said I wasn’t condemning him for what he did - I understand his reaction completely. That doesn’t mean a judge mightn’t take a dim view of something like that. 

Also, I haven’t slandered him whatsoever, so when you’re sending out the summonses you can leave me off the list 👌🏼

I was more referring to the lad who confidently said "he beat a girl up". In the words of Bill O'Herlihy: "Ah Eamon, come on now, that's out of order".

Edited by razzmatazaz - 22 Apr 2024 at 5:24pm
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 8:03pm

I was more referring to the lad who confidently said "he beat a girl up". In the words of Bill O'Herlihy: "Ah Eamon, come on now, that's out of order".

If a poster stated that another ex Irish international beat up a woman without any proof, the post would be deleted. But because its Roy keane, its fair game? Very poor modding tbh
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 8:15pm

If a poster stated that another ex Irish international beat up a woman without any proof, the post would be deleted. But because its Roy keane, its fair game? Very poor modding tbh

Sure someone can call a player a pedophile and nothing was done about the comment.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 1:26am
The O'Shea, Fitz and Razzmatazaz walked into a bar. There's a joke in there somewhere..
It would damage this forums' reputation
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 11:49pm
The hatred some have for Keane is borderline pathological. For someone they have probably never even met. 

From what I can see, 90% or so of people who know or have met Keane like the guy. About 10% really don't. I've never met him so don't know who is right or wrong. I would observe that he does a helluva lot of good work for no publicity nor pay for a guy who people on here seem to equate with wife beaters and other such low lifes. 

Edited by rebelbrowser - 23 Apr 2024 at 11:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 73747576>
  Share Topic