You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jon Walters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 76>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 2:07am
BURNED OUT  MEANS INJURED
Sponsored Links

Hoppy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 1:31pm
Starts today vs Palace, Stoke fans are not happy that him and Whelan are in the XI
Hoppy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 2:27pm
At fault for the 1st palace goal. Didn't mark Tomkins, could be a Walters OG in fact
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 12:45pm
Big fan, but he has been piss poor this campaign. Don't think he has the legs for the right anymore.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Big fan, but he has been piss poor this campaign. Don't think he has the legs for the right anymore.
Yeah he's definitely lost a yard or 2 of pace, his touch seems pretty bad as well.  
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 1:27pm
Could there be some connection to the injury he had going into the Euros?

He was never that quick anyway in fairness. Long depends more on his pace than Walters does.

The fecker did well for Stoke's equalizer against United a few weeks back Angry
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Yeah he's definitely lost a yard or 2 of pace, his touch seems pretty bad as well.  

Great touch to kill McCarthy's mish*t shot and had the vision to pull out of his turn and shot when he saw McClean was in a better position for the second goal v Moldova last week. Doesn't look as sharp as previously but that's understandable considering his injury and that he's not been playing week in week out with Stoke. Not getting any younger but I don't think he's done just yet.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 7:07pm
don't think he should be in the starting XI against Austria
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 7:27pm
Possibly so.  And he's a very good option to come on - would get everyone going. 

In fact, given our dearth in striking talent, there is good reason to have him start on the bench - even if he's otherwise deserving of a starting place.  This is because, barring Hogan declaring (which is looking increasingly unlikely) we have no realistic subs up front for Long.  

Far better to bring on a fresh Walters after 70 min, than switch him in up front after already playing the entire match on the wing (as we did in Moldova).  
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:39pm
Delusional stuff if you think he's going to be dropped to the bench.

Lots of players have underperformed in this campaign. His experience will be key against Austria.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Delusional stuff if you think he's going to be dropped to the bench.

Lots of players have underperformed in this campaign. His experience will be key against Austria.

don't think that he necessarily will be dropped as I think MON will pick him, but its certainly fair to question if he deserves to start given his recent form. hope he proves me wrong
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:16pm
Does Long deserve to start?

1 goal in about 18 games.

With Murphy injured, both Long and Walters will start - and rightly so.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Great touch to kill McCarthy's mish*t shot and had the vision to pull out of his turn and shot when he saw McClean was in a better position for the second goal v Moldova last week. Doesn't look as sharp as previously but that's understandable considering his injury and that he's not been playing week in week out with Stoke. Not getting any younger but I don't think he's done just yet.
Ah yeah he did well for that goal in fairness, forgot.  His peformance vs Serbia is still stuck in my mind thought he was absolutely dreadful that day.  Clearly wasn't fit but MON must have thought he was alright 
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:19pm
Almost certain to be the team for Vienna

Westwood
Coleman
Clarke
Keogh
Ward
McCarthy
Hendrick
Brady
Walters
Hoolahan / Whelan (think O'Neill will start Whelan and McCarthy together, for the former's experience)
Long
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

Westwood
Coleman
Clarke
Keogh
Ward
McCarthy
Hendrick
Brady
Walters
Hoolahan / Whelan (think O'Neill will start Whelan and McCarthy together, for the former's experience)
Long

meant Randolph, Freudian slip LOL
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Does Long deserve to start?

1 goal in about 18 games.

With Murphy injured, both Long and Walters will start - and rightly so.

Murphy will be back
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

Westwood
Coleman
Clarke
Keogh
Ward
McCarthy
Hendrick
Brady
Walters
Long

I would have O'Shea alongside Clark. Keogh & Clark as a partnership would have more mistakes in them IMO. I would leave Long on the bench. Think he is better for us coming off the bench like against Germany & Poland. I'd have Walters playing upfront instead where he is more effective. McClean should start on the wing with Brady on the other wing. Pity that Westwood is injury prone as for me he is a better goalie than Randolph. Therefore :

Randolph

Coleman O'Shea Clark  Ward

McCarthy  Hendrick/Arter

McClean   Hoolahan   Brady

Walters/Long

The only way is up
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 2:26am
when the nat team roster is realeased ////
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 76>
  Share Topic