You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Documentaries on the web

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

The Albania game wasn't broadcast at all on irish TV as there was a dispute over the pricing of the rights. Similar to Turkey playoff game.

Seem to recall family members watching the Albania game in the Submarine via some unofficial satellite source. 

That game was shown on a giant telly in The Point. They charged however much it was and a few thousand paid in to see it. It was great craic made all the better by a 2-1 win

That's where I watched it. Good day out. Had to work harder than expected for that win, wasn't a great performance. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Have no memories of watching any of the Euro 92 qualifiers at all. Have a vague recollection of the shootout against Romania. Next Ireland memory after that is the Latvia game

Exactly the same with me. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

The Albania game wasn't broadcast at all on irish TV as there was a dispute over the pricing of the rights. Similar to Turkey playoff game.

Seem to recall family members watching the Albania game in the Submarine via some unofficial satellite source. 

That game was shown on a giant telly in The Point. They charged however much it was and a few thousand paid in to see it. It was great craic made all the better by a 2-1 win

That's where I watched it. Good day out. Had to work harder than expected for that win, wasn't a great performance. 

Yeah I think they scored first and then we got back with goals from Staunton and Cascarino (I think). I can't remember which of them got the winner but I think it was fairly late on. That would have been a great triple header. I didn't get to my first away though until Latvia in 1994.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:07pm

Yeah I think they scored first and then we got back with goals from Staunton and Cascarino (I think). I can't remember which of them got the winner but I think it was fairly late on. That would have been a great triple header. I didn't get to my first away though until Latvia in 1994.

Cas got the winner in the last ten mins. Italy at Giants stadium was my first away, wouldn't have had it but for that winner. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:33pm
As first away games go, that one would be pretty hard to beat.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:37pm

Nice if you had 3 weeks off from work LOL

I assume most would have flown over and back for the Albania game and then do the week for the Latvia/Lithuania matches. 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 1:37pm
Murder Rap

Labyrinthine documentary about the internecine feud between Suge Knight's Death Row Records and Puff Daddy's Bad Boy Records in the mid-90s. A feud that resulted in Tupac's ignominious death in 1996 and Notorious B.I.G.'s assassination, commonly thought to be a reprisal, several months later in 1997.

The documentary makes a convincing case as to who and what was responsible for the murders, backed up by interviews with chief investigator Greg Kading, and copious police interview recordings with some of the main players in the murder conspiracies.

Documentary does a good job of keeping things on track considering the voluminous number of names and information flying at you.

In the end I felt rather sorry for Tupac and Biggie. Both, particularly Tupac, were in way over their heads with some very serious gangsters and paid the most serious price for the image their record companies cultivated for them.

Particularly resonating is surveillance footage from the night of Tupac's death where he participates in a gang assault on the man (a Crip) thought to have killed him on chancing upon him while leaving a Mike Tyson fight, pretty much signing his own death warrant in the process.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 5:39pm
Anyone see that documentary on the Madagascar Prison? 

You won't complain about much after watching it. 

I can't post a proper link as I'm on the phone but if you just type Madagascar Prisom on YouTube,it will come up straight away. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 12:44am
The YouTube channel 'History Time' by a guy Pete Kelly is a great channel for documentaries that go into such great detail. How he tells the story and the videos its really great viewing/listening for me.

He just released a 4.5 hour one on the mayans  so that's me sorted for a few nights

Edited by t_rAndy - 29 Sep 2022 at 12:46am
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 6:24pm
Anyone read or watch Peter Taylor's stuff? I love the intro to his series of BBC documentaries originally aired in the 90s @ 0:59 seconds. Hype.

Edited by razzmatazaz - 16 Feb 2024 at 10:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic