You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Documentaries on the web

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 8:30am
Watched King of Kong on YouTube last night about lads trying to become the best in the world at Donkey Kong, surprisingly excellent
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Watched King of Kong on YouTube last night about lads trying to become the best in the world at Donkey Kong, surprisingly excellent

Yeah it's great but that game has more or less ruined that's lads life.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:59am
Watching World War two in HD colour is on Netflix and it is absolutely brilliant. The pictures are so clear and makes you feel like it's almost happening now the quality is so sharp.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Watching World War two in HD colour is on Netflix and it is absolutely brilliant. The pictures are so clear and makes you feel like it's almost happening now the quality is so sharp.

It's brilliant. I liked how it started from the end of WWI, into the Spanish Civil War, etc. 

The BBC Auschqitz miniseries on Netflix is excellent too.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:25am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

It's brilliant. I liked how it started from the end of WWI, into the Spanish Civil War, etc. 

The BBC Auschqitz miniseries on Netflix is excellent too.

Yeah it was great that it started after WW1 and charted the way through, gave great context to the whole era. I haven't seen the Auschwitz one must check it out, cheers. Another one in I have seen is the Irish revolution 1912-1923 in colour. It is on the British pathe website though you have to sign up. It was on TV3 a few years back as well.

Edited by Stickittotheman - 07 Mar 2018 at 10:29am
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:20pm
Great doc on Netflix about French National Football Team history from 1996-2016.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:29pm
A shower of w**kers from 09-10.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Great doc on Netflix about French National Football Team history from 1996-2016.

Les Blues? Decent watch.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:53pm

Les Blues? Decent watch.

That's the one, I enjoyed it shows the history of football side by side the political and economical side of France and the ethical issues between the French born African players well worth a watch.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:55pm

Les Blues? Decent watch.

That's the one, I enjoyed it shows the history of football side by side the political and economical side of France and the ethical issues between the French born African players well worth a watch.

Karambeu's family history was shocking.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 7:36pm
Short history with some old footage of Algeria Football. Focussing on the Algeria derby ديربي الجزائر  . MCA Mouloudia with USM Algers.  Includes the Algeria/FLN team that played International teams during the War of Liberation before pressure from FFF on FIFA pressured teams not to play them.  But that didn't stop the FLN going on International tours.  France does NOT like Football.
Graffitti at the beginning Oueld El Bahdja 1937 Supporters Group associated with USM Alger.
USM head coach Miloud Hamdi mentions Fans hand-in-hands leaving the Stadium after the game.

April 2017 match  [low definition]

www.ucdsupporters.ie
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 1:19am
Only got around to watching "The Jinx" as saw it mentioned in this forum. Quality watch. Literally just finished and googled the buck afterwards. Seems as though my timing to watch it was spot on
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 7:47am
Says he regrets doing the show. No sh*t Robert LOL
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:40am

Says he regrets doing the show. No sh*t Robert LOL

LOL
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Only got around to watching "The Jinx" as saw it mentioned in this forum. Quality watch. Literally just finished and googled the buck afterwards. Seems as though my timing to watch it was spot on
Probably the best ending to any show I've ever watched. 
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 7:51pm
The Rachel Divide on Netflix was an interesting watch. It’s about Rachel Dolezal in the two years after her fall from grace for her cultural appropriation. The documentary is fairly sympathetic early on, but becomes less so as she tries to remain relevant with TV show appearances, a poorly performing book, and a constant presence on social media, this in spite of the generally hostile views of the public. The effect of her anxiousness to remain relevant is discussed with family members and how it has impacted their lives.

The only reason I watched was the media interest, but it was worth a watch.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 7:55pm
I switched it off after a half hour. I knew the story and had read/watched a few interviews etc. 
She is just nuts and had zero sympathy for her. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:03pm

Johnny Cash. History. Music. Trains. What's not to love?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
  Share Topic