You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Documentaries on the web

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 3:01pm
watched a few recently on peak oil , we are goosed!!
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 3:01pm
Remember one from a few years ago about an irish film crew doing a documentry about Venulasian president Chaves and there was an attempted right wing coup and he was arrested the coup failed a day or 2 later but it was touch and go what was going to happen
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sheikh Yerbouti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheikh Yerbouti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Remember one from a few years ago about an irish film crew doing a documentry about Venulasian president Chaves and there was an attempted right wing coup and he was arrested the coup failed a day or 2 later but it was touch and go what was going to happen

'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised' it was called.

I can actually remember how the BBC 'reported' this when it was going on, and it was the opposite to the truth.

Some things never change....

Edited by Sheikh Yerbouti - 06 Jan 2011 at 3:06pm
I’m technically Catholic, it’s the box you have to tick on the census form: 'Don’t believe in God, but I do still hate Rangers.' - Dara Ó Briain
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Sheikh Yerbouti Sheikh Yerbouti wrote:

'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised' it was called.

I can actually remember how the BBC 'reported' this when it was going on, and it was the opposite to the truth.

Some things never change....

wasnt  there a counter demostration to the coup and the way it was protrayed was that they opened fire on the right wing supporters/troops when the opposite was true 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sheikh Yerbouti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheikh Yerbouti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 3:28pm

[QUOTE=Newryrep] Remember one from a few years ago about an irish film crew doing a documentry about Venulasian president Chaves and there was an attempted right wing coup and he was arrested the coup failed a day or 2 later but it was touch and go what was going to happen
'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised' it was called. I can actually remember how the BBC 'reported' this when it was going on, and it was the opposite to the truth. Some things never change.... [/QUOTE">

wasnt  there a counter demostration to the coup and the way it was protrayed was that they opened fire on the right wing supporters/troops when the opposite was true 

Yeah, that's right. And Chavez has been portrayed as a madman in the western media ever since.

Watch John Pilger's 'The War On Democracy' for the truth on various South American countries.
I’m technically Catholic, it’s the box you have to tick on the census form: 'Don’t believe in God, but I do still hate Rangers.' - Dara Ó Briain
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Percy Percy wrote:

plenty here count....

http://documentarystorm.com/

good man percy, will check that outThumbs%20Up

Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Married to the Eiffel Tower

Clip from it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXlaS_jYBFQ

Fooking looney.

fookin hell ConfusedLOL

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

watched a few recently on peak oil , we are goosed!!

link?

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 4:05pm
Killing pablo is quality- you can get it on youtube- its in about 10 parts
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
McNulty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 10:41am
Watched The Two Escobars on ESPN recently.. Was class!! Really good insight into the crazy world of Columbian football in the 90's

Heres the youtube link, its in 11 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5amEEVLgk

Thank me later

Edited by McNulty - 07 Jan 2011 at 10:45am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 9:19am
Death of Yugoslavia made by BBC and a few major continental broadcasters a few years ago, documents the break up of Yugoslavia with interview with all the major protaganists, Milosevic (Serb) Tjudman (Croat) UN, Yanks Eu etc. Pretty depressing harrowing viewing but riveting and surperbly told. Nobody comes out with much credit bar the Bosnia Muslims who were shat on by everybody and the yanks who finally forced the peace

also The Power of Nightmares again by BBC charting the rise is Islamic fundamentalism. a couple of particular stand out moments when the cave of Borra Borra were shown diagammatically on US TV like something out a James Bond when they where just caves, and the secret russian sub weapon, so secret that the US intel hasnt become aware of it

Edited by Newryrep - 08 Jan 2011 at 9:30am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 9:40am

Death of Yugoslavia made by BBC and a few major continental broadcasters a few years ago, documents the break up of Yugoslavia with interview with all the major protaganists, Milosevic (Serb) Tjudman (Croat) UN, Yanks Eu etc. Pretty depressing harrowing viewing but riveting and surperbly told. Nobody comes out with much credit bar the Bosnia Muslims who were shat on by everybody and the yanks who finally forced the peace

also The Power of Nightmares again by BBC charting the rise is Islamic fundamentalism. a couple of particular stand out moments when the cave of Borra Borra were shown diagammatically on US TV like something out a James Bond when they where just caves, and the secret russian sub weapon, so secret that the US intel hasnt become aware of it

I read the book and watched the documentary on youtube. A great documentary to watch and it was especially interesting after I travelled through the balkans after the bulgaria game. 

The best documentary I ever watched was 9/11 when filmmaker James Hanlon and Jules and Gedeon Naudet were filming a documentary on a rookie New York City firefighter when they noticed a plane overhead. That plane would hit the World Trade Center. They rushed immediately to the scene. James Hanlon and the Naudets filmed throughout Sept. 11 and the days afterward from the firemen's perspective, as it became clear to them that this was the only known footage from inside the Twin Towers that day. A brillant and heartbreaking documentary that is the best I've ever seen.

Another great place to watch documentaries is the tg4 player.

Edited by colemany2k - 08 Jan 2011 at 9:43am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 11:57am

[QUOTE=Newryrep] Remember one from a few years ago about an irish film crew doing a documentry about Venulasian president Chaves and there was an attempted right wing coup and he was arrested the coup failed a day or 2 later but it was touch and go what was going to happen
'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised' it was called. I can actually remember how the BBC 'reported' this when it was going on, and it was the opposite to the truth. Some things never change.... [/QUOTE">

Yeah, that's right. And Chavez has been portrayed as a madman in the western media ever since.

Watch John Pilger's 'The War On Democracy' for the truth on various South American countries.

I watched this the other night. It's unreal, I was glued to it the whole way through.
That John Pilger is a an absolute legend of a journalist.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 4:20pm
anyone recommend any good wildlife ones they've seen recently?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

u ever watch that podcast bout tunnels in dublin?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

wtf are you on about? ye cant watch a podcast ye absolute tick LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 4:26pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

wtf are you on about? ye cant watch a podcast ye absolute tick LOL
yeah yeah ,no not yet maybe but soon.........
was in a podcast thread,u where creaming your jocks bout some tunnels in dublin podcast....ye obvious,y never watched it
anyways im off to watch some podcasts
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 4:28pm
LOL that was me i think, no not yet, gonna watch that war on democracy one nowThumbs%20Up

you get that security tag off your new away jersey yet?
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

I watched this the other night. It's unreal, I was glued to it the whole way through.
That John Pilger is a an absolute legend of a journalist.

just finished watching it, absolute top drawer stuff Clap
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 10:22am
watched the war on democracy - top drawer stuff
have the death of yugoslavia readyto go now
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
  Share Topic